2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

SHMP Natural Shrimp

23K views 110 replies 17 participants last post by  Jwarren 
#1 ·
Worth checking out, I will be looking to add on any drop today.
Already in x00,000 shares at average of 0.065, was watching in December when it was 0.008 but didn't pull the trigger
Lead story in SA Express News Business section 2/3/19.
15+ years R&D and SW Research retired scientist key player.
Got US patent on 12/26/18 for self contained shrimp farming and they have figured out how to keep vibrio and ammonia out.
Can be put in any warehouse anywhere in the world and deliver high quality shrimp and patent also applies to lobster, any marine fish or other species.
First crop harvest in next 1-2 weeks and have media invited.
This company is not just going strong and price up but they are prime for buy out or big contract deal or more.
Put what you can in and thank me later and glta.

#2 ·
Up another 18% today, Yahoo Finance article that short sellers declined today from 160,000 to 19,100 which is huge news. Also SHMP executive on podcast saying Whole Foods had toured their facility in the last week or two. Still has a gap at 0.195 - 0.2105 and not a big believer in that theory but have seen it happen enough to keep in mind and would add more. I added at 0.222 today, very lucky as the low today was 0.22 and bounced off 0.22 2-3 times. Resistance ahead at 0.29 then at 0.34. I am holding long and expecting 0.50 in weeks and longer term decimal point should move. I got in low and up nice but others are on a gold mine at 0.004 - 0.008 for 100,000 to million+ shares which at the time (October to December 2018) was only cost basis under $10,000 wow.

#6 ·
was a big day and week and month since I got in
I have added some along the way and have over 200K shares but looking for any opportunity to buy more.
I think this company and it's technology could change the seafood business like Apple changed computers. I am biased but what they are accomplishing has ramifications for higher quality shrimp ( and all other seafood as they have 100% US patent ) grown without ocean toxins and able to be right in the middle or near big metropolitan areas worldwide. The first harvest is near but with the new tanks they are getting into production even the local place near SA when fully operational will be producing 6000 lbs of natural shrimp a month and all self contained. It will be like the kobe beef of seafood. As I said I got in for most of mine under 0.10 but have added more at .12 and .222 and even .28. Instead of feeling nervous the feeling of "wish I had added more" has and continues to be objectively real. If I was new I would wish I had gotten in at 0.06 or like some I know "I wish I had gotten in at 0.007 in October like them for 2M shares at $12,000". Staying in hindsight or "wishland" has driven me crazy at times the past 6 weeks.
The way I see this is when it hits $1 or $3 or $5 or more are you going to be glad you got in at 0.41 or 0.45 or still in the "wish club".
I choose to focus on where is this going and what is possible and I am still up more than ever on any investment. Made more today than I make in a month net at work. This is a huge technological development that will change seafood forever.
Years from now even getting in at under 50 cents will be something others go "wow"about given what is possible with this just like other companies who have developed something that had far reaching changes in our world.

#9 ·
Good job to both of you.
Have heard that same story from so many and have been there myself when it was 0.120 Monday morning.
Got to 0.5 faster than I thought. Cool to see it hit 0.7 but crazy drop at end of day to wipe out stop losses and get more shares for the MM to trade next week. 40 million volume is highest ever. I bought 20000 more shares on the drop at 0.51 but most of my shares are below 0.10 so this has been quite a week and expect more amazing things to come. Get on the SHMP boat even at this level and when it hits $5 $7 $10 you will be glad you did.

#10 ·
went from 0.104 Monday morning to close at 0.605 today
what a week and have never made this much $$$ day to day
wish I had other ones to recommend but will be on the lookout but may be years but they will be out there and will share here for all fellow fishermen to benefit from.
I have a 2013 Shallow Sport 24V but think it might be sporting $HMP somewhere on it this summer lol

#12 ·
would normally be looking to do that Mr Breeze but not with SHMP.
75% of mine is below 0.1 and the rest below 0.25, I'm all in.
My wife and I and family, friends I gave a heads up about this weeks ago feel beyond blessed to be where we are. I might sell some when it gets to $5 but I am holding for much bigger targets as I truly think this company with their patent is going to revolutionize aquaculture around the world.
A friend has FB chatted with upper mgmt who are very tight lipped (as they should be) and thanked them for all the years of hard work and congratulated and thanked them for the stock gains this week, month. The reply was "you ain't seen nothing yet" :dance:

#24 ·
I was looking through some of the financials this weekend with the thought of possibly adding some shares this week. And I saw something about the 900M shares, this isnt it exactly, but it does look like that sold a lot of shares really cheap to raise some money.

I do think the patent is big, and it looks like they figured out where they had been stumbling in the past. Lot of people eat sea food, and aqua-culture is going to be a big part of the future.

Looks like another pop this morning.

Attachments

#27 ·
Big sell off after making it to the 90’s...... I’d buy more buy have a bunch at .03 so just gonna enjoy the ride.... or not! Man this thing is crazy but after taking my original investment off the table I’m playing with the houses money so have time to ride it up up and away!

#30 ·
Sorry for those that got whipsawed by SHMP.
This company is still going to go higher just crazy should be illegal manipulation by MM and flushing out those that bought way low and sold and those scared and not believing in SHMP.
I got my initial $ out at 0.72 and bought more at 0.51 yesterday then at 0.31 today and now over 220K shares and am not worried despite the losses in my account.
Big news going to be breaking soon and SHMP will be back and over $1 by next week. These OTC stocks have huge swings and the manipulation and day traders are horrible. SHMP has the patent that will change an industry and expect huge harvest news and likely about expansion plans and partnerships will send this flying. Rough couple days but even at the lows of 0.23 still up over 60% though was up a lot more. Calm and patience will pay off.

#33 ·
the filing was a 10K and looked real good.
SHMP had risen so fast a pull back is not surprising but the OTC guys have been manipulating like premarket today dropped price from 0.33 to 0.23 on 3500 shares.
Still believe we see close to $1 by end of next week.
Best summary I have seen lately is this -

Purdue University did an in depth study of shrimp farming, including ALL costs to start the project.
https://extension.purdue.edu/extmedia/EC/EC-797-W.pdf

Buying baby fry is the highest cost @ 24% of fixed farming costs. Labor is the next highest cost.

Near zero mortality rate cuts stocking cost 50% as current operations buy double what they expect to harvest due to an average 50% mortality rate. It is not uncommon for farms to occasionally lose an entire crop.

Laborers constantly monitor tanks to remove dead shrimp for water quality. Feeding times and quantity are done by educated guesses. Have to be careful not to overfeed as the decomposing food not eaten affects water quality.

This system has 2 monitors of the shrimp activity. Food is introduced automatically when behavior shows increased activity. When the shrimp slow down, feeding stops.

This farm does NOT use biofloc. Pesticides and herbicides are used in 3rd world shrimp farming. This patented system is able to handle all the ammonia and nitrates created without needing to introduce "good bacteria" to deal with the waste. Ammonia is toxic to the shrimp.

Automation in this case cuts labor significantly reducing the second highest cost of farming shrimp.

SHMP's technology cuts costs so much, and cuts mortality rates to such a degree it turns the industry standards upside down.

#34 ·
I'll be watching in the am and cheering for you as well as ready to jump in when I understand it better.

One of the few but frequently referenced articles details Natural Shrimp's projected wholesale rate of $12-$14 per lb for 16/20 white shrimp.

Taking the $12 per lb wholesale number I assume (?) Natural Shrimp uses for their projections, where would that put retail? $18 per lb retail heads on?

HEB sells fresh and HEADLESS 16/20 Gulf White Shrimp for $9.97.

Heads are 35% of the shrimp. So in this comparison, HEB's real wholesale cost of Natural Shrimp would be $12 or their alluded to $14 per lb plus 35%.

At $12 per lb that'd put it at $16.20 wholesale cost if HEB sold them headless. At $14 per lb that'd be $18.90.

What is retail 50-100% markup?
At $12 per lb +35% in heads, 50% markup would be $24.30 per lb retail and 100% would be $32.40 per lb retail for headless.
At $14 per lb +35% in heads, 50% markup would be $28.35 per lb retail and
100% would be $37.80 per lb. retail for headless.

That's pretty stout compared to $9.97 for fresh Gulf headless.

The concept is outstanding and the need is there.
Do you know the actual numbers they project for cost per lb to produce and wholesale price?

#37 ·
Always good to have input and share info even if not having the same view.
The company is not going to make their money as much on how much they sell their shrimp for compared to others, they are going for gourmet level shrimp. They are also focused on expansion in US (building plants outside Vegas, LA, E Coast, Chicago) and internationally (already have a facility in Spain), licensing fees, possible acquisition.
Bottom line the money is in their technology and their patent.

Here is a recent summary statement from SHMP -

First harvest and sell the present crop, expand the present installation in Texas, add additional harvests, initiate an independent lab and product analysis with a major US and International University, trial additional species like salmon and barramundi, expand to additional facilities, open in different cities

*** here is the really good part ***

offer licensing deals for all salt water aqautic species for consumption with interested parties, expand internationally, increase revenues and profits and we will position ourselves as a merger or acquisition target. All the best in 2019

Perot Holdings, Whole Foods (aka Amazon) in contact and have visited site and had meetings. Being in Texas HEB could be possible partner, investor.
Costco has been talked about by others though I do not see match there. Could be some Asian company that could offer buy out for technology and patent for big $$. Who knows except I think their patent, technology is worth a huge amount of money to someone as it is industry changing stuff.

#36 ·
I don't have the figures but know their system cuts costs a lot vs other operations as explained in the post above about being so automated and the high survival rates and more. Their shrimp are also not exposed to contaminants, toxins like others. The shrimp farms will probably always have their place but having SHMP system allows higher quality shrimp to be raised near large urban cities further improving freshness at delivery and more. Their model is not to compete with cheap foreign farm raised shrimp, it is to provide a higher quality shrimp and price point above average for quality product. With production cost containment the margins would be there for good profit. Comparison I think of is not everybody likes or buys Kobe or Wagyu beef yet there is still a huge market for those and a lot of money being made too.
Also don't forget SHMP patent applies not just to shrimp but to all marine species.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.