2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

We knew it was coming...

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  stumpgrinder3 
#1 ·
...the stock market "pullback". Now the question is "where is the bottom?"
With all the political noise(including the fed) , I was lucky enough to act on my sense and secured my gains before the fall, investing in bonds. I'll re-evaluate in Feb/Mar after the 90 day trade moratorium,govt shutdown and end of the year sell off. I hope everyone has a happy holiday:smile:

#5 ·
Yep, trading is bad regardless. More specifically, my "bonds" are in the form of 3 month CDs I got in the 2.3-2.4% range. I suppose a little gain is better than nada or worse yet, a loss. I still got time b4 dipping into it but the question is when to re-buy? Just wait and watch...

#7 ·
I never met a market timer who was right more than half the time.....and by not staying in the market you could miss some key points that could cost you dearly......in my opinion

I personally love the prices now..... and deployed all my cash to fully move in ....

I still have maturing bonds but they are yielding over 6% ..... and I got them at a discount....so some appreciation will be had on maturity.....

One thing I should note.... lots of ten yr old bonds are coming due from 08’ .....when they got cheap ..... so a lot of cash is ready to be reinvested ... and I feel like there are lots of deals to be had

#8 ·
Nuthin wrong with cash.. Until the dog and pony show up in DC is over I'm content with govt bonds and pizz-ant CDs...but then again I'm old..and security is number one. Got all I need without chunking it on the **** table...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.