2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

YETI

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  fishinguy 
#1 · (Edited)
So today is the first trading day of Yeti. It IPO'd at $18.00 per share on 83.6M shares outstanding. This imputes a $1.5B (yes, billion with a B) market cap.

Let's play a game. IPO stocks early on can be tricky with share lockups, bank ownership etc so what is your option on the share price 9 months from now. (July 25, 2019)

Higher or Lower and why?

$1.5B is a huge market cap for a product that has nothing proprietary about and a lot of competition. Even at their prices, that's an awful lot of coolers and cups.

I tried to short sell some this morning but no luck on share borrow at the moment.

LOWER

#2 ·
Lower

Lots of competition saturating the market and difficult to find new, unique, desired products for the development pipeline

Their new dogs bowls are cool, but my hound doesn't need a $45 bowl.....I'm challenged to see how they significantly grow their product line and therefore challenged to see how the company grows.

If they had some significant technology for insulation I could see them ebbing into industrial markets but from what I know they just make great coolers and cups.....just like several others now.

#3 ·
I feel like they were late to the party on the IPO and let their competitive advantage and market share fall by the delay.

I get there were hurdles getting it to this point but they knew who the players were with RTIC, Pelican, and so on.... not to mention Igloo and Coleman coming out with their upgraded version and their distribution channels

I talk to guys in California or Michigan and they don't really know the product

#6 ·
IMHO.

YETI is the trendy Polo or Izod logo on the shirts I used to pay too much money for in high school. They have a good product at an outrageous price. Their coolers are also heavy and overkill for most of us.

When looking into investing I like good companies with a good product at a fair price.

Yeti does not pass the test...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.