2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Pot Stocks

45K views 178 replies 34 participants last post by  melimelo 
#1 ·
I bought $500 of AMMJ last November.
Over the past couple of months it has shot up like a rocket!
It is worth a little over $4,200 today.

I've seen similar moves on other pot stocks recently.

Is anyone else going to ride the direction our country seems to be heading towards a fat bank account?

Take a look at AMMJ. They've recently made major upgrades to their website, and have had more money dumped into their stock over the past few months than ever before.

#28 ·
I have been looking for a mutual fund or ETF in this field. While there is not an ETF (Exchange traded fund) out yet but it looks like one is in the works, there is (1) mutual fund out there. Now, this mutual fund has not been good thus far. American Growth Fund Series Two (AMREX)

As of Oct 2016 it had 25% in cash which is high. Not sure where it is at today.

One thing you can do is look at their top holdings and possibly buy some of the individual companies themselves.

Top 25 Holdings: Oct 2016
http://portfolios.morningstar.com/fund/holdings?t=AMREX&region=usa&culture=en-US

Dec 2016 top 10 Holdings http://www.agfseries2.com/portfolio

Performance:
http://performance.morningstar.com/fund/performance-return.action?t=AMREX&region=usa&culture=en-US

For those looking for more companies to choose this may help! By no means am I saying use this mutual fund. Just wanted to point out this is the only one out there. Many times I find good mutual funds in other sectors and see what they own, then I may personally buy some of their top 5 holdings. Good luck!

#29 ·
I honestly would not recommend getting into cannabis stocks with the tone in the last week from the current administration. It sounds like they are going to give us some more s--t so I would think to look to invest until after they've shown what they are going to do to us!! hopefully not much, the industry is so far in full swing it would be so stupid to stop it. billions in revenue and hundreds of thousands of jobs, who wouldnt love it!?

I reached out to a guy I went to school with, who is pretty involved in the industry. Above is what he sent me. I figure Trump is a business man and will leave it up to the states in the end, versus trying to crack down.

Just passing it along but also wanted to see what others takes are.

#30 ·
How did your pot stocks do in 2017?

I'm up about 60% (avg) overall on 14 stocks.
My top 5
ACBFF 257%
FMRMF 247%
MYMMF 63%
PHOT 58%
SING 154%

the other 9 stocks are gaining

I think 2018 is going to be a stellar year.

:fireworks

#32 ·
Since it is still against federal law, if they decided to come down on a states rights like they have in the past, by investing could you be charged with conspiracy to violate federal law or some organised crime since you are an investor in the illegal activity?

#41 ·
#53 ·
Cat O' Lies wrote:
How did your pot stocks do in 2017?

I'm up about 60% (avg) overall on 14 stocks.
My top 5
ACBFF 257%
FMRMF 247%
MYMMF 63%
PHOT 58%
SING 154%

the other 9 stocks are gaining

I think 2018 is going to be a stellar year.
I dabbled in 2015 until early 2017 I guess it was.
Ended up selling it all. Mostly for a loss. Used to have some GWPH that seems to be one of the better consistent performers, but still not very special.
Bought in again yesterday and picked up a small amount of CVSI after quickly viewing a phenomenal 1 year chart.
It's down over 7% today. Whatever happens there happens. I only rolled the dice on a few hundred dollars.

After taking a moment this morning and viewing the longer charts on all of those mentioned above, I have to say that collectively, they are some of the Nastiest looking 5 year charts I have ever seen.

So what's the word Cat O' Lies? How you doing overall? How patient have you been with pot stocks?

#54 ·
The first part of this year was brutal on cannabis stocks, all fell down. Now that the dust is settling most should be trending up come October.
I've sold all of the above some time ago except for ACBFF, FMRMF and SING. I also picked up ABCCF at $1.76.

ACBFF is where I have the heaviest investment in public stock, about 25k shares avg/1.31 ea. SING and FMRMF are a long term novelty plays that didn't cost much but I think will eventually pan out. It's all a **** shoot for the most part but I look for niche players that might be an attractive takeover target. It's M&A season in the world or cannabis stocks.

#57 ·
CGC and ACBFF are the 2 largest in terms of market cap, but the latter doesn't have near the leadership Canopy does and also has much more dilution to contend with. Constellation Brands now owns 38% of Canopy with future warrants to up their share count to 50+%. One play, that I bought today, would be Constellation STZ is around their 52 week low, has decent fundamentals, and a small dividend with the beverage side of things currently generating revenue. That's more than any pot stock can say.

Constellation's initial investment in November was for about 10% of Canopy, they realized a $700mm gain from that.

#59 ·
Aurora [ACBFF] is one of the top 5 players too, at current SP it is a steal.

A correction form my comment above - "ACBFF, FMRMF and SING. I also picked up ABCCF at $1.76" should have read "ABCCF, FMRMF and SING. I also picked up ACBFF at $1.76

Just 3 years ago Canopy was a $1 stock and it is now north of $30 I'm sure there were a lot of skeptical investors at that time. Today, those same investors are probably still skeptical about $1 cannabis stocks. My plan is to be the guy that took the risk to reap the largest reward, which is why companies like AbCann Global pique my interest.

Here is a long list of positive steps to drive this company to being another Canopy Growth.
http://www.abcannglobal.com/news.php

And, they have $100 million in the bank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.