2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Pot Stocks

45K views 178 replies 34 participants last post by  melimelo 
#1 ·
I bought $500 of AMMJ last November.
Over the past couple of months it has shot up like a rocket!
It is worth a little over $4,200 today.

I've seen similar moves on other pot stocks recently.

Is anyone else going to ride the direction our country seems to be heading towards a fat bank account?

Take a look at AMMJ. They've recently made major upgrades to their website, and have had more money dumped into their stock over the past few months than ever before.

#2 ·
Up another 25+% today... hitting a high of $2/share.

I got in at 17 cents a share 11 months ago.
That's over an 1100% increase.

Surely this has to interest some of you? I'm just trying to share the wealth with you guys... several marijuana stocks are red hot right now. Go make some money!

Legalization is on the ballot in 4 states I believe.
While I'm not a smoker, nor have I ever been, I can definitely see the potential income stream from getting in on these stocks before widespread legalization happens.

#4 ·
I'm with you Warcat, been day-trading about 10 of those over the past couple of weeks.... MJNA, CANN, TRTC, etc....I have about 50 of them on alert....it's hard to tell when they're going to shoot up, because on any given day, 3-4 of them go up 30% or more, and then they drop back down for a few days....then the next hot ones shoot up....kind of a **** shoot, and I'm sitting on a few of them waiting for them to come back up (bought when they were already at their peak)....

but, have been making some $$ on these for sure....I'm only in for a couple grand, so my wins aren't very much....more of legalized gambling for me, LOL...
snookered

#17 ·
It's the next millionaire maker!

Legal Cannabis Sales to Accelerate
NEW YORK, February 17, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --

Cannabis is arguably the fastest growing industry in the world, according to a research report by Arcview Market Research. Regulated cannabis sales in North America totaled $6.9 billion in 2016, a 30 percent increase from 2015. Sales are projected to increase to $21.6 billion by the year 2021 representing a 26 percent compound annual growth rate. This November four states voted for legalization of cannabis for recreational use - Nevada, Maine, and Massachusetts and California, the largest market for cannabis. The results on November 8(th) , when it comes to cannabis use, clearly indicate that North America's views are changing in favor of both medical and recreational use. Marijuana Company of America Inc. (OTC: MCOA), Cannabis Science Inc. (OTC: CBIS), mCig Inc. (OTC: MCIG), Terra Tech Corporation (OTC: TRTC), Eco Science Solutions Inc. (OTC: ESSI)

California's cannabis market alone is projected to be worth an estimated $6.46 billion by the year 2020, according to Arcview and New Frontier. "California is the 6th largest economy in the world," said Arcview, CEO Troy Dayton. "The opportunity for jobs, tax money and wealth creation made possible by California ending marijuana prohibition cannot be overstated."

Marijuana Company of America Inc. (OTC: MCOA) is an innovative cannabis and hemp marketing and distribution company. On February 16(th) , the company announced that it has entered into a non-binding Letter of Intent ('LOI') while performing due diligence to finalize a joint venture agreement with Bougainville Ventures, Inc. ('BV') for the purpose of housing tenant growers engaging in the cultivation, processing and commercial availability of legal marijuana in the State of Washington.

Subject to the execution of a final definitive agreement, the terms of the LOI are that MCOA will invest up to $1 million in cash in a newly formed entity and receive 50% equity ownership and 50% share in net profits produced by the joint venture. Bougainville Ventures, Inc. will contribute its expertise in establishing facilities related to the production, processing and management for tenant growers utilizing an I-502 Tier 3 license, with leased property, established partnerships, licensing agreements and marketing relationships.

Donald Steinberg, MCOA President and CEO said, "We are looking forward to getting seed in the ground and ramping up this partnership with Andy Jagpal and Bougainville Ventures. This partnership further strengthens our supply chain and enables MCOA to produce the highest quality products at the lowest possible prices."

Cannabis Science Inc. (OTC: CBIS) is currently in a collaborative research with Dana Farber/Harvard Cancer Center to explore and develop new cannabinoid medicines to fight cancer. This agreement is also the first step in the development of clinical trials that will lead to approval of successful cannabinoids by the FDA. "We believe that collaborative cutting-edge work is the most powerful approach in fighting cancer. This collaborative agreement brings together the expertise of a leading Cannabis Research Company, Cannabis Science, and the research strength of Dana Farber/Harvard Cancer Center. I can see how this collaboration with Cannabis Science will grow as we work together for commercialization of joint research successes, with ultimate goal of translating these successes to benefit cancer patients in the USA and across the globe."

mCig Inc. (OTCQB: MCIG) is a diversified company servicing the legal cannabis, hemp and CBD markets via its lifestyle brands. MCIG has transitioned from a vaporizer manufacturer to industry leading large scale, full service cannabis cultivation construction company with its Grow Contractors Inc., currently operating in the rapidly expanding Nevada market. The company looks forward to growing its core competencies to service the Ancillary legal Cannabis, Hemp and Cannabidiol markets, with broader expansion to take place once federal laws change.

Terra Tech Corporation (OTCQX: TRTC) operates through multiple subsidiary businesses including: Blüm, IVXX Inc., Edible Garden, MediFarm LLC and GrowOp Technology. Blüm's retail medical cannabis facilities focus on providing the highest quality medical cannabis to patients who are looking for alternative treatments for their chronic medical conditions. IVXX, Inc. produces medical cannabis-extracted products for regulated medical cannabis dispensaries throughout California. Edible Garden, cultivates a premier brand of local and sustainably grown hydroponic produce, sold through major grocery stores. MediFarm LLC subsidiaries are focused on medical cannabis cultivation and permitting businesses throughout Nevada. GrowOp Technology specializes in controlled environment agricultural technologies.

Eco Science Solutions Inc. (OTC: ESSI) medical cannabis app, Herbo, contains a database of over 14,000 alternative medicine locations and delivery services, doctors who provide evaluations, and local shops that sell relevant product. In the latest version, Eco Science added information for its strains that include THC/CBD breakdowns, effects, and location to purchase and find the best strains for user's specific needs. The company partnered with the largest and best paraphernalia manufacturers and distributors to bring users products at great prices.

Please SIGN UP NOW at http://www.FinancialBuzz.com To Receive Alerts on Trending Financial News from all these companies. "The Latest Buzz in Financial News"

#19 ·
Has the MJ industry solved it's 'money' problem yet...?

Last I read..the banks and credit card companies in Colorado would not do business with the sellers or folks who had shops.. Banks didn't want to touch the money for fear of being stuck with Federal Organized Crime issues since it is still against Federal law to possess or sell it...and the sellers were having to stack up millions in cash under their mattresses or in the back yard ...

#20 ·
There are a few banks that have started doing business with related businesses. It's only a matter of time. But, you are looking through the peep hole, this is a global business and many countries are way further along, such as Canada and Mexico, just to name a few.

#22 ·
I know I am late to the party here, but with the Kim Ogg ruling the other day. I dont really see how the industry could get smaller.

Personally I think there is big growth potential, primarily in the medical field and in vaping. From the list that yall provided I like the MCIG and VPCO. TRTC being on the equipment side I think they could be positioned well too.

Anyone looked at Arc view at all?

#23 ·
I sold 2,000,000 shars of VPCO due to no activity. MCIG is a good bet as well as PURA, PMCB, FFRMF and CBIS. The hot one for me lately is SING, pulled in $2500 over the last two days. But, like everything else, what goes up will likely come down.

#24 ·
Your link on post 18 had some good info and companies.

I am not set up for day trading, mainly because my work blocks pretty much all websites that pertain to it. I am more looking to make some longer term investments on well positioned companies with lots of growth potential. No expert here but looking at some of the balance sheets and cash flows is a bit scary, everyone seems to be cash flow negative.

#26 ·
Your link on post 18 had some good info and companies.

I am not set up for day trading, mainly because my work blocks pretty much all websites that pertain to it. I am more looking to make some longer term investments on well positioned companies with lots of growth potential. No expert here but looking at some of the balance sheets and cash flows is a bit scary, everyone seems to be cash flow negative.
All of my investment are long term, I'm not day trading.
some good info
http://420intel.com/articles/2017/0...pany-trades-under-ticker-weed-valued-nearly-1

http://420intel.com/articles/2017/02/17/2017s-hottest-cannabis-technology-innovations

http://420intel.com/articles/2017/0...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

#25 ·
Stay tuned! :)

http://www.marketwired.com/press-re...ies-gw-pharmaceuticals-otcqb-pmcb-2198124.htm

First Ever Cannabis-Based ETF to Include PharmaCyte Biotech, Abbott Laboratories, and GW Pharmaceuticals

NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - February 23, 2017) - PharmaCyte Biotech (OTCQB: PMCB) will join GW Pharmaceuticals, Abbott Laboratories and 66 other publicly traded companies in what could be the first ever cannabis exchange-traded fund (ETF) -- the Emerging AgroSphere ETF. One week ago, ETF Managers Group, headquartered in Summit, New Jersey, filed an initial registration statement with the SEC to become the first of its kind in the ETF industry (https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1467831/000114420417009539/v459698_485apos.htm).
According to the filing, the proposed fund will be focused on medical cannabis and "will not invest in any companies that are focused on serving the non-medical marijuana market in the United States, Canada or any other country unless and until such time as the production and sale of non-medical marijuana becomes legal in the United States, Canada or such other country, respectively."
Now ETF Managers Group will wait for the SEC to approve the fund, and, if approved, investors can own a piece of the 69 companies that make up the proposed fund all under one ETF. This, of course, means that fund managers will need to buy up shares of the companies that make up the fund, which should increase the liquidity of each of these companies. The index composition can be viewed at: https://www.solactive.com/indices/?indexmembers=DE000SLA1CR1
PharmaCyte Biotech, GW Pharmaceuticals, Abbot Laboratories, Cannabis Science Inc., Medical Marijuana Inc. and the 64 other companies that will make up the proposed ETF, will fall into one of the following three categories. The companies will either be (i) engaged in lawful medical research intended to lead to the production of government approved prescription drugs which utilize natural or synthetic versions of the cannabinoid, cannabidiol (CBD), and other cannabis based extracts, (ii) involved in the production or sale of products which are legal derivatives of industrial hemp, or (iii) involved in the supply chain of either category of company.
PharmaCyte Biotech's work in medical cannabis began when it acquired an exclusive, worldwide license to use its Cell-in-a-Box® technology in combination with genetically modified non-stem cell lines which are designed to activate cannabinoid molecules for development of treatments for diseases and their related symptoms.
In contrast to the work being done by PharmaCyte's competitors, the company plans to combine the Cell-in-a-Box® live-cell encapsulation technology with cannabinoids to develop a unique therapy for difficult-to-treat and deadly forms of cancer, such as brain cancer. Some cannabinoids are prodrugs that must be converted into their cancer-killing form. These prodrugs will be used with the Cell-in-a-Box® technology in ways that optimize their anticancer properties while minimizing or even eliminating adverse side effects that normally occur with chemotherapy to treat cancer.
PharmaCyte says that it plans to focus initially on developing specific therapies based on carefully chosen cannabinoid molecules rather than using complex Cannabis extracts. The company believes an understanding of the chemical and biochemical processes involved in the interaction of substances derived from Cannabis with live-cell encapsulation will provide the opportunity to develop targeted "green" approaches to treating cancers, such as pancreatic, brain, breast and prostate, among others.
PharmaCyte entered into a Research Agreement with the University of Northern Colorado (UNC). The goal of the ongoing research at UNC is to develop methods for the identification, separation and quantification of cannabinoids (which will act like prodrugs) that the company says may be used in combination with its Cell-in-a-Box® technology to treat various diseases, beginning with brain and pancreatic cancers.
Initial studies were undertaken at UNC on behalf of PharmaCyte using "cannabinoid-like" model compounds to identify the appropriate cell type that can convert the selected cannabinoid prodrugs into metabolites with anticancer activity. UNC is now working with cannabinoid prodrugs from Cannabis to identify the appropriate cell type for the same purpose. Once identified, the genetically modified cells that will produce the appropriate enzyme to convert the cannabinoid prodrugs will be encapsulated using PharmaCyte's Cell-in-a-Box® technology. The encapsulated cells and cannabinoid prodrugs identified by these studies will then be combined and used for future studies to evaluate their anticancer effectiveness.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.