2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

AMZN

39K views 143 replies 29 participants last post by  fishinguy 
#1 ·
Over 622.
Greatest stock ever.

#63 ·
I think I'll probably get banned for posting too much.
I can't get any work done as I am finding myself just sitting and watching this amazing run.
$2019 and rising! Unbelievable. Where will it end?
We haven't even gotten a glimpse of the Prime Day or back to school numbers. Christmas 2018? Fuggettaboutit.

#64 ·
I am curious. Now that it is down 15% are you using this as a buying opportunity or have your feelings changed?

I am on the fence. I hate trying to "time" the market but is this a chance to get in cheaper or are the dark clouds on the horizon the sign of a storm?

My gut hunch is there is much more downside as Trump puts more pressure on China, midterm chicanery, etc...

I am waiting but I think long term AMZN is a winner. Especially if you get it at a 20-25 percent discount from it's highs.

Keeping powder dry and waiting...

#66 ·
Never regret buying AMZN at any price. I'd be buying now if I wasn't building that vacation house and finding ever more gotta have's to throw in the mix. Finally broke ground after a year and 5 months of planning and that's where my focus is.

AMZN still has a 96% buy rating at my handiest site and will probably go up if the share price stays down for a few days longer. It is still up:
74.73% over last 12 months and 449.42% in last 5 years. Not a lot of solid investments can touch that.

I've heard mixed expectations for 3rd quarter earnings report but I know the numbers from Prime Day, back to school shopping, groceries, should crush it.
Advertising and AWS still dominant. Americans are getting lazier and lazier. I know I am! No one delivers as conveniently as AMZN. Literally and figuratively. I'm not scared and wish I was buying more stock this week for sure.

But I'm not that kind of technical investor so don't listen to me.
I'm just lucky. I wouldn't bet against that crazy bald lib Bezos.
Think about the earnings report coming this month, about location # 2 and how that will improve their logistics, their delivery ramping up, Christmas season. They'll be back over 2000 in a few weeks to 2 months is my guess but that's just a guess.

Amazon did lose a lot of grocery deliveries from me as HEB has stepped it up and delivered to me before Amazon rolled out by me. Saves me a lot of time!
Go for it man. Buy the dips. I am pretty confident it's oversold at this point just looking at the charts.

#70 ·
The talking heads are suggestion with the expectation of higher interest rates that investors are moving away from growth to value investments. From a purely technical point of view, it looks like AMZN and other technology stocks have broken their upward trend so there may be more downward pressure. Of course, it may be just algorithm trading.

On a side note, I saw a tall gray Amazon delivery truck the other day.
https://cbsdallas.files.wordpress.com/2018/06/amazon-delivery.jpg?w=420&h=236

#72 ·
Good question. It's been an abysmal couple of months for sure.
Hopefully will be an equally great rebound. I'm sitting at 68.41% increase in the last 12 months which is epic, but it sure sounded better when it was at 100% increase!

I'm not buying or selling anything right now. Taking the deer in the headlights approach.

#73 ·
Good question. It's been an abysmal couple of months for sure.
Hopefully will be an equally great rebound. I'm sitting at 68.41% increase in the last 12 months which is epic, but it sure sounded better when it was at 100% increase!

I'm not buying or selling anything right now. Taking the deer in the headlights approach.
Cman,

Don’t be scared and take the deer in the headlights approach. Think of it as being a great buy 20+% cheaper than it was a short time ago. The only thing that matters is where do you think it’s going to be in 5 years?

If you think that the long term trend is still up. Buy!

#75 ·
Don’t be scared and take the deer in the headlights approach. Think of it as being a great buy 20+% cheaper than it was a short time ago. The only thing that matters is where do you think it’s going to be in 5 years?

If you think that the long term trend is still up. Buy!
Your're right for sure. I'm just focused on some other things right now. Probably an excellent time for some to join the AMZN party.

#79 ·
It's not a blue chip stock where your typical P/E ratios apply.

The revenue growth is the key to evaluating this stock. I have been on the fence for awhile on this one and I wanted to make sure to get in on this dip. I'm taking the long position on this one. 25%-40% growth in revenues. The company is in development to continue pushing out into other markets to continually growth the revenue stream. My only major concern on this is if the gov determines it to be some sort of monopoly and moves to break up the company similar to microsoft.

#83 ·
AT&T trades at less that 6 time earnings and pays a 6% dividend. I say no more than 20-25 to be safe.

No way would I get in at these prices.
Not disagreeing with you one bit but this is interesting-
10 years ago you would have been closest with AMZN at 34 PE and $51 per share. May not have met your parameters then either though.
200 shares then were valued at $10,200.00.

After the recent pull back, $10,200 invested 10 years ago at that high 34 PE would be worth $328,994.00 today.
That same $10,200 invested in T 10 years ago would be worth approximately $10,955 today. Around $18,600 with compounded dividends if my math is right.

I used to own AT&T and did well on it. I liked the dividend. T is down 9.38% in the last 12 months and 13.75% in the last 5 years.

AMZN has corrected recently, but at this moment it is still up 49.84% in the last 12 months.

I agree with you that a PE ratio 5.76% is attractive and that 5% dividend is great, but I'm still staying away from AT&T and keeping my AMZN. We'll have to see how this shakes out over the next few years. Maybe 10 if we're still around!

#93 ·
I try to time a bounce, sometimes it work and sometimes not but I choose stocks that I would not be bothered by having a long position. Generally I look for dividend paying stocks but I think Amazon is going to make a another big leap soon probably when holiday sales are reported. Retail usually gets that big Dec bounce after Black Friday reports.

What triggered my buy and sell on this stock was one the sharp drop, I think it was a 14 point drop in one day and the stock was already about 10% below the 50 day average. I sold because 10 points in a week is just too much to pass up taking the money and generally if they make that strong of a come back they will fall back off. The stock is looking for a new support and resistance. I am just working in between the two. I saw a lot of support at 1600 when I bought in at 1604. Then after it peaked at and started a down turn I figured it would move back down to look for a new support.

It's half a calculated guess and just following the symbol.

Looking for the bottom of the current sell off I am expecting 1550 similar to the last dip.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.