2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

AMZN

39K views 143 replies 29 participants last post by  fishinguy 
#1 ·
Over 622.
Greatest stock ever.

#7 ·
Warcat-
I have a financial planner that manages my portfolio and trust.
What I post on here is just what I trade in my spare time. I am no financial guru and many here are more knowledgeable than me, but I do beat the market averages soundly.
How much have I made on Amazon? I've made a ton but I'm sure others have made more than me!

I like the Robinhood App. 100% Free trades. You can get the app on your phone. It'll take you less than 5 minutes to set up. You connect to your financial institution and fund that way.
It takes around 3 days to fund, then you're in business.
I also use Scottrade. After the initial funding which also takes around 3 days, the funding is immediate with wire transfers.

As for research I use cnnmoney, yahoo finance, zacks.com, and others.

Finally- about how to get into Amazon- I buy on most every dip and sometimes without a dip. Amazon is here to stay and will only grow long term. The sooner I buy more the better.

#13 ·
Yeah, I'm not selling it for the foreseeable future... Amazon is right up there with my favorite purchasing experiences anywhere... and I only see it getting better.

It's been eye opening to see the kind of money that can be made in a single day playing the stock markets. I'm sure the bad days are very bad, but the good days are pretty dang good. I made more today in stock earnings than I did at my professional job of 18 years. Obviously, no money is realized until the stock is sold... but it's pretty exciting to see the increases on the screen. I can totally see why people do the day trading thing.

#15 · (Edited)
I'm on Scott Trade... not pulling any money out, but it looks like I can pull the account whenever I want via a wire transfer for $25 or by requesting a check for free. I can also open a banking account with them, then transfer between banks to my current bank account. From what I'm reading, if I hold a stock for over 1 year, then sell it, it is federally taxed as a capital gain... which is a 15% flat tax. If I sell it within the same year as I bought it, it becomes taxable income federally taxed at my income tax rate. No taxes are paid until the year it is sold.

#22 ·
Been a rough ride lately. Wish I would have listened to those who said sell on rises early this year. Oh well. I am waiting on a deposit to fund and will double down in the next few days. Hoping that $500 or so is the bottom for amazon.

#27 ·
No one else giddy about buying a ton of amazon?
I'm over 225 shares now. Another all time high today. Hard to resist buying the surges and waiting for dips.

Another CHAMPION has been EXTR. Gambled big on it and it's been epic. Not sure if or when it'll slow down.

#29 ·
Amazon does not pay a dividend (As seen at the bottom right showing yield 0.00%. It's a pure growth play where you make money in the appreciation of the stock price only.

I see where Amazon is now trying to get into the pharmaceutical industry. That could be huge. I know I hate waiting in line at CVS for 20 minutes @ 5:15pm after getting out of work.

One heck of a stock, and I personally don't see it slowing down anytime soon.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.