2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Wearable Cameras

10K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  cman 
#1 ·
The last time I followed a certain group of stocks and then the government stepped in to mandate an item there was a lot of money to be made.

Last time was CERN, the government mandated hospitals to put in EMR systems for patients records ect. Stock was below 20 and now over 70.

Wearable cameras are not mandated yet but I have a feeling this president might enact a law or law enforcement agencies will take it upon themselves for protection. Ferguson and Baltimore could happen in any town and I have a feeling the cities are going to make this a requirement if not forced.

Just my two cents and thoughts

I'm going to look at GPRO, DGLY, and TASR....haven't bought one yet but might soon.

Anyone have thoughts on these segment?

#2 ·
http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/4202509483001

TASR's CEO

They seem to be the bell cow and I'm jumping in

6:50 am TASER beats by $0.07, beats on revs (TASR) : Reports Q1 (Mar) earnings of $0.13 per share, $0.07 better than the Capital IQ Consensus Estimate of $0.06; revenues rose 23.8% year/year to $44.8 mln vs the $39.97 mln consensus.

• The increase was primarily driven by increased TASER X26P and TASER X2 Smart Weapon sales which increased $7.2 million and $4.8 million, respectively, in Q1, YoY.
  • International sales were $9.0 million in the quarter, a decrease of $1.6 million compared to the prior year first quarter.
  • TASER Weapons segment revenues grew $5.9 million year-over-year, or 18.1%, to $38.3 million in the first quarter of 2015.
  • The increase in Smart Weapon sales of $12.0 million was partially offset by a decrease of $4.5 million in the legacy TASER X26 CEW sales as it has been retired from production as of December 31, 2014.
  • AXON segment revenues increased by $2.7 million, or 73.1%, to $6.4 million in the first quarter of 2015 in comparison to the prior year first quarter.

Axon's growth is what I was looking for as this is the wearable camera.

#5 ·
http://news.investors.com/060315-75...s-climb.htm?ven=yahoocp&src=aurlled&ven=yahoo

Recently I have seen some major cities order or test the product, here is an article that says London will be arming their offices.

There was an issue yesterday in Frisco that if the officer was wearing a camera it might give us more data than a cell phone recording. With everyone recording all issues with cops they will need to arm themselves to help get the whole truth

#8 ·
It has been a while since I posted but going to bump the thread, not sure it is too late but buying and holding sometimes works especially if you buy a little extra on weakness.

Recently an article titled "25 unstoppable stocks.." was released and here is what is said.
Although it is lesser known than Apple, Axon Enterprise Inc (NASDAQ:AAXN) is undergoing a similar transition from largely a hardware company to a software and hardware company.
Axon was formerly known as Taser International, and the business used to be selling tasers and other smart weapons to law enforcement agencies around the world. While selling all those tasers, the company also developed body cameras and accompanying cloud solutions to help store and analyze law enforcement data.
Because the company saw the writing on the wall that this body camera and cloud business was the future, they rebranded as Axon last year, and decided to give away a body camera for free to every police officer in the U.S. in an attempt to win over body camera and cloud contracts.
That plan has worked out beautifully. Now, essentially everyone who took part in the free trial, is a paying customer of Axon.
This growth story is still in its early stages. Law enforcement agencies globally are outdated. They desperately need a technology makeover. They also desperately need to reduce police shootings and misbehavior, two hot topics which have eroded the public’s trust in police. Axon provides the best-in-class solutions to fix both of those problems.

#17 ·
The stock has had a nice bounce back after some equity companies sold off some shares. Thankfully was able to buy a few more shares for the long haul.

My suggestion if you are interested in this as an investment or trade I would watch to see if it can break through 73 range. we are 10% away from the high and if it breaks the 73 mark you might see this stock on a nice run.

#18 ·
Fort Worth....Cameras are going to prove this was testified and or rumor is he shot first and actually shot himself

Memphis.....City is not happy about a shooting of a fugitive that had a gun

Wearable cameras are a must for any police department and to have the camera they have to buy licenses to the cloud bases software that uploads the videos

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.