2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

AMZN

39K views 143 replies 29 participants last post by  fishinguy 
#1 ·
Over 622.
Greatest stock ever.

#129 ·
I've got north of 225 shares thank God. Largest holding. I think I sold some in 2015 and I sold 2 shares last fall unfortunately. Listened to the nay sayers I guess.

I was harassing my family to buy in the 400s. None of them did. Finally got my mother to buy 15 shares at 1800 but I don't think either of my siblings ever purchased any.

To answer your question- heck no don't sell it ever.
I'm constantly trying to find stocks to outperform Amazon. Sometimes I do. But long haul I don't think I'll ever find anything that will be better for the next 20 years. We'll see.

#130 ·
I have been watching a ETF that buys e-commerce and shorts brick and mortar stores

Its an interesting play for sure

Listening to some of these fund managers - some believe we are in the infant stage of online store/ eCommerce and are just barley starting to see what they can do ....

I have no clue - and this is not advice ..... seek professional financial help and not information from a fishing board

#132 ·
I bought in on the dip a few months ago at 1,824.13. Already 45% up.

I have had alot of success with this stock. I have bought and sold a few times but have always made a very nice return.

I last sold out 2/26 at 2,027.5546
Then bough back in on 3/09 at 1,824.1296

I only wish I would have bought more.

#133 ·
That's great man!

After so many years of performance now, I'm surprised that you trade it vs. accumulate it. There are a lot more volatile stocks out there right?

It's up 44.90% this year.

I dabble in trading. Usually get burned. When I do it's just in and out in a day or week.

#136 ·
Oh come on man! Over $3000 today! Cman, I thought it was high at 2700 and was waiting for a pull back. I just don’t understand why it keeps going up even on days when the market drops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It keeps going up because it is tailor made for the situation
folks are in now..no place to shop...stay at home...click on
the big "A" and yore problems are all solved..LOL

I'd like to see what their 6 month gross sales are this
year as compared to same period last year...

Double???? Triple ???

#141 ·
I hear that. I bought hard for 5 yrs or so and then stopped. However, those whole 5 years it always beat analyst expectations by a huge margin. Not sure why despite 5 years of a pattern I still doubt it could possible continue at breakneck speed. I should continue to buy and overwhelmingly dedicate to AMZN but yeah, it is hard to consider at these prices. One would think there will be a pull back to 2600 or so at some point, but I sure do not know.

I resumed buying some this year. Not at the rate I was in previous years but some. In that 2 years off I threw most major buys into Microsoft which was also a major win.

I opened a new account in 2016 and made some major buys. One of those was an index fund of FXAIX.
FXAIX did fine. That Sept 2016 lot of purchases shows a growth on the FXAIX of 46%. 91.18% after dividends.
AMZN in that time is up 318%.

Obviously a tremendous difference. I began selling the FXAIX 6 months ago and sending it to AMZN.
Sure wish they'd split the stock to give it an even bigger boost and attract more new buyers.

#143 ·
Yep. This is the perfect storm for Amazon. Covid forced everyone to buy online and they had the monopoly. Keep an eye out for when things start to return to normal and that when you should sell. It’s bound to taper off when that happens.
I think any selling of AMZN should not even be considered until maybe someone is desperate for cash. If you look for substantial dips, you have a lot of research to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.