2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Pot Stocks

45K views 178 replies 34 participants last post by  melimelo 
#1 ·
I bought $500 of AMMJ last November.
Over the past couple of months it has shot up like a rocket!
It is worth a little over $4,200 today.

I've seen similar moves on other pot stocks recently.

Is anyone else going to ride the direction our country seems to be heading towards a fat bank account?

Take a look at AMMJ. They've recently made major upgrades to their website, and have had more money dumped into their stock over the past few months than ever before.

#157 ·
it was a bad week for the entire sector. No stock was spared. Indiscriminate selling right along with the rest of the market. I think it was also fueled by margin calls. I still believe in the long term story here. When it turns, I think we will now see which ones people really like outpacing others vs everything reversing to the upside. Keep an eye open and buy some on sale.

#160 ·
Here is a closing price list of the cannabis stocks I watch on a % change basis after today's trading. I have positions in a few of these. This is by no means a complete list of cannabis stocks but it is an interesting view. As suspected, there are some stocks that made big moves, some modest, and some counter to the market. I think we are starting to see which ones the market likes as opposed to before when this same list would all move in very similar ranges.

Attachments

#161 ·
The name of the store is High North, but it might as well be named High and Dry because for all but about four hours of the first two weeks since marijuana was legalized in Canada, there was no pot to sell.......................

Legalization arrived Oct. 17, and Canada became the world's largest national marketplace for so-called recreational marijuana. But for now, it's a superlative in name only.

The first weeks have felt more like a soft opening with few retail outlets operating and rampant supply shortages. It's not because Canada can't produce enough cannabis products -- licensing those producers has been slow, and the federal government is taking steps to speed up the process.

The provinces are handling the sales and most of the regulations. Reports from around the country are similarly discouraging when it comes to supply.

https://www.oregonlive.com/marijuan...-_7eP3kEMXsWotBgxvJ8otWgZUgih1olLI57m9k0IOkOM

I am still long. But am worried that revenues will be lower than expected with all of the shortages.

#162 ·
Been busy. Haven't wanted to look at investments the last few months.
Pulled them up today and saw what is red.
Pots stocked took a dump for me worse than anything else. Thankfully only speculated a little on Vivo, Aurora, NWKRF, CVSI, and GWPH.

Looking like a bust all around for pot stocks unless one times the pyramid well.

#166 ·
Been quiet here. I guess most scared to look right now.
Yep. That pretty much happens in a down market. Market up and the cheerleaders are all over the place. Market down and they head to the bleachers. These stocks have been hit hard just like the rest of the market. Only you can do your homework and decide if now is the time to buy, hold or sell and which ones. Agreed with the above. These are long term holds (unless i get another Tilray short squeeze) for me as a new industry is born. The passage of the Farm Bill in the senate will help and now its on to the House and POTUS.

#165 ·
Long hold. Tobacco and alcohol industry didn't spring up overnight. They all want a piece of the action now. Real earnings and company valuations just started to come to light. Good time to average down. Lots on M&A activity on the horizon for next year.

#168 ·
It's brutal in certain sectors but in actuality not that bad in all. I haven't really followed the pot stocks as they seem to be a little over hyped which makes me weary.

My latest Amazon purchase is off a few points. MAA is not looking too bad and my T while is down a couple points was already low enough that I feel I am always close enough to a support.

This moving market has been pretty good to me thus far, only recent purchase I am questioning is my Amazon purchase it might be awhile before we get to the bottom. I'll probably buy more shares if I can factor in a solid bottom. I also do not have any issues with a long position.

#169 · (Edited)
CRON, IIPR, ZYNE

CRON is up over 60% for me since Sep. I like CRON better than ACB.

IIPR is a REIT company that pays a dividend. They have an interesting business model. They have capital and they're growing with the deregulating markets.

ZYNE is a pharma company with a couple of products in trials. The pain market is a big driver for CBD and THC infused meds. The introduction of Farm Bill 2018 and the legalization of hemp helps in this context because hemp is a primary source of CBD.

#170 ·
Thanks for the additional info . The only pot stock I have is ACB which I purchased early on. It’s up a little this week but I don’t see any sudden jumps coming. I really think that it is a 2-3 year investment. The way they keep buying other companies with acb stock keeps the value down but establishes a powerful mechanism for future growth. IMHO which is wishful thinking.

#171 ·
As of Friday 2/1/19 close:

CRON: $20.81, 5.74% Up from previous day's close
IIPR: $63.31, 2.34% Up...
ZYNE: $5.79, 10.50% Up...

I'm posting the Friday 2/1/19 close to mark these positions that I mentioned earlier. This is NOT a recommendation. These positions could tank just like anything else. Do your own diligence.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.