New Restrictions on the Horizon - Page 3 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2013, 10:12 PM   #21
sun burn
Banned

sun burn has been promoted to Piratesun burn has been promoted to Piratesun burn has been promoted to Piratesun burn has been promoted to Piratesun burn has been promoted to Piratesun burn has been promoted to Piratesun burn has been promoted to Piratesun burn has been promoted to Piratesun burn has been promoted to Piratesun burn has been promoted to Piratesun burn has been promoted to Pirate
How do the guides feel about this? Think about It, how many people will want to spend large amounts of money just to go catch a few fish??
sun burn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2013, 10:20 PM   #22
Im Headed South
Registered Users-pm+

Im Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to PirateIm Headed South has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun burn View Post
How do the guides feel about this? Think about It, how many people will want to spend large amounts of money just to go catch a few fish??

The ones down south aren't hurting to my knowledge, the pressure in Mansfield is as high as ever.
Im Headed South is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #23
Cmac4075
Registered Users-pm+

Cmac4075 has been promoted to PirateCmac4075 has been promoted to PirateCmac4075 has been promoted to PirateCmac4075 has been promoted to PirateCmac4075 has been promoted to PirateCmac4075 has been promoted to PirateCmac4075 has been promoted to PirateCmac4075 has been promoted to PirateCmac4075 has been promoted to PirateCmac4075 has been promoted to PirateCmac4075 has been promoted to Pirate
The guides will have an easier time getting their clients a limit and of better fish. Personally, I would like to see the slot decreased for trout as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Cmac4075 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2013, 10:38 PM   #24
shalor57
Registered Users-pm+

shalor57 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)shalor57 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)shalor57 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)shalor57 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)shalor57 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)shalor57 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)shalor57 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)shalor57 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)shalor57 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)shalor57 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)shalor57 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun burn View Post
I will, if they are big girls! But some people do have that mentality and they may go less which will be good for the trout population.
shalor57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2013, 10:42 PM   #25
Cmac4075
Registered Users-pm+

Cmac4075 has been promoted to PirateCmac4075 has been promoted to PirateCmac4075 has been promoted to PirateCmac4075 has been promoted to PirateCmac4075 has been promoted to PirateCmac4075 has been promoted to PirateCmac4075 has been promoted to PirateCmac4075 has been promoted to PirateCmac4075 has been promoted to PirateCmac4075 has been promoted to PirateCmac4075 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by bragwell View Post
A lot of that going on. Also many English speaking North Americans violate as well. Every time I go to fish with the masses I see multiple violations happening. Saw some red necks in full camo wading garb, laguna rods, and cores with 3 or more flounder on their stringers/donets, also a lot of culling, and people taking their limit home then returning with a different colored camo jacket to catch 2 more. They know they're breaking the law. I'd like to see $10,000 fines and a few boats being confiscated from violators. Maybe then these idiots would get the message.
At least they had nice set ups.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Cmac4075 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2013, 11:06 PM   #26
Hot Diggy
Registered Users-pm+

Hot Diggy has been promoted to PirateHot Diggy has been promoted to PirateHot Diggy has been promoted to PirateHot Diggy has been promoted to PirateHot Diggy has been promoted to PirateHot Diggy has been promoted to PirateHot Diggy has been promoted to PirateHot Diggy has been promoted to PirateHot Diggy has been promoted to PirateHot Diggy has been promoted to PirateHot Diggy has been promoted to Pirate
I'm good with it, I dont want to clean more then 4 or 5 anyway
Hot Diggy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2013, 01:43 AM   #27
fwoodwader
Hunting the Sith...

fwoodwader has been promoted to Piratefwoodwader has been promoted to Piratefwoodwader has been promoted to Piratefwoodwader has been promoted to Piratefwoodwader has been promoted to Piratefwoodwader has been promoted to Piratefwoodwader has been promoted to Piratefwoodwader has been promoted to Piratefwoodwader has been promoted to Piratefwoodwader has been promoted to Piratefwoodwader has been promoted to Pirate
Personally I wouldn't go out with a guide just to bag a limit, I'd go out with a guide to gain knowledge of a particular area, learn somethings about patterns etc, try to pick the brain of the guide as much as possible. But that is just me I try to absorb as much information as possible.
fwoodwader is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2013, 04:20 AM   #28
KingTut
Registered Users-pm+

KingTut has been promoted to PirateKingTut has been promoted to PirateKingTut has been promoted to PirateKingTut has been promoted to PirateKingTut has been promoted to PirateKingTut has been promoted to PirateKingTut has been promoted to PirateKingTut has been promoted to PirateKingTut has been promoted to PirateKingTut has been promoted to PirateKingTut has been promoted to Pirate
With Fish Consumption Bans what they are today, bring on the restrictions. As sad as it is, I've been releasing everything I catch for quite some time now,
KingTut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2013, 04:49 AM   #29
kenny
Registered Users-pm+

kenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Piratekenny has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird View Post
Hmmm...I've caught more big trout (25"+) this year than any of the previous 13 yrs I've lived on the water here. That being said, I've caught less total numbers of trout overall this year. Fair trade off to me, especially since I've caught more reds and flounder this year than I have in the last 5 years or so. I release most of my fish but I still keep track of my numbers. I'd like to read more data on it for my own info. Guess I'll call my game warder buddies.
Which end of West bay do you mainly fish? I ask because the summer & fall have been the worst in 20 years for me.

I'm good with the 5 fish limit too.
kenny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2013, 06:19 AM   #30
chugger
Banned

chugger has been promoted to Piratechugger has been promoted to Piratechugger has been promoted to Piratechugger has been promoted to Piratechugger has been promoted to Piratechugger has been promoted to Piratechugger has been promoted to Piratechugger has been promoted to Piratechugger has been promoted to Piratechugger has been promoted to Piratechugger has been promoted to Pirate
If you wish to listen - Here is the archived audio of the TPWD Commission Nov. 6th Work Session from which the information reported in the original post's , Houston Chronicle, Nov.17 article was gathered.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publicat...rk_session.mp3

Discussion of Flounder and Trout regulations & limits begins at :
Flounder discussion - 3:05:45
Trout discussion - 3:18:50
chugger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message