State Fishing Records - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > General Fishing Discussion
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2007, 08:32 PM   #1
-JAW-

State Fishing Records

I just found this site. Might be worth bookmarking for future reference.

State Fishing Records

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2007, 09:34 PM   #2
Gottagofishin
Roll Tide!

Gottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to PirateGottagofishin has been promoted to Pirate
Interesting site, but I'm not too sure about it. For example there is no Texas state record for a Spotted Sea Trout (Speck). Also, there is a Texas record for something called a Blacktail Shiner at 0lbs 0.48oz. Puleeeeeze! There is apparently a Texas record for a Northern Pike. Are there really Northern Pike in Town Lake?
Gottagofishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2007, 08:06 AM   #3
scrambler
Registered Users-pm+

scrambler has been promoted to Piratescrambler has been promoted to Piratescrambler has been promoted to Piratescrambler has been promoted to Piratescrambler has been promoted to Piratescrambler has been promoted to Piratescrambler has been promoted to Piratescrambler has been promoted to Piratescrambler has been promoted to Piratescrambler has been promoted to Piratescrambler has been promoted to Pirate
I'm guessing they are only picking up the freshwater link from TPWD's website. TPWD has fresh and saltwater records on 2 different tabs.
scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2007, 11:33 AM   #4
Gator_Nutz
Registered Users-pm+

Gator_Nutz has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieGator_Nutz has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieGator_Nutz has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieGator_Nutz has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieGator_Nutz has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieGator_Nutz has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieGator_Nutz has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieGator_Nutz has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieGator_Nutz has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieGator_Nutz has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieGator_Nutz has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
Here's the saltwater records.
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat...&browse=Submit

I question that flounder record though, otherwise I ate a few state records last year.
Gator_Nutz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2007, 11:48 AM   #5
AL-umineum

AL-umineum is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)AL-umineum is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)AL-umineum is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)AL-umineum is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)AL-umineum is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)AL-umineum is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)AL-umineum is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)AL-umineum is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)AL-umineum is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)AL-umineum is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)AL-umineum is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Caught quite a few flounder over 13 pounds last year,eh?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator_Nutz
Here's the saltwater records.
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fishboat...&browse=Submit

I question that flounder record though, otherwise I ate a few state records last year.
AL-umineum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2007, 12:17 PM   #6
crowmagnum
AKA MUNGAM WORC

crowmagnum has been promoted to Piratecrowmagnum has been promoted to Piratecrowmagnum has been promoted to Piratecrowmagnum has been promoted to Piratecrowmagnum has been promoted to Piratecrowmagnum has been promoted to Piratecrowmagnum has been promoted to Piratecrowmagnum has been promoted to Piratecrowmagnum has been promoted to Piratecrowmagnum has been promoted to Piratecrowmagnum has been promoted to Pirate
Did yall see the Tarpon and Nile Perch from Lake Brauning?Intresting!
crowmagnum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2007, 12:34 PM   #7
zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerzihuatanejo has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerzihuatanejo has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerzihuatanejo has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerzihuatanejo has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerzihuatanejo has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerzihuatanejo has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerzihuatanejo has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerzihuatanejo has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerzihuatanejo has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneerzihuatanejo has been promoted to the rank of  Buccaneer
Pike in Austin

Yup, my grandfather actually caught several (pike) back in the 80's. Years ago in the summers we used to take a Jon boat with a trolling motor and run trot lines in Town Lake, we would catch perch from around the cypress tree roots in the water and use them for bait, we would put the big ones in a wash tub with tap water for a day or so to "flush" them out then fry em up...seems scary now! He also used to go grappling up on the LLano River when we were kids. He and my grandmother ended up buying a house in Rockport and operating the Copano Bay Causeway piers where I would spend my summers, it was pure heaven for a boy!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottagofishin
Interesting site, but I'm not too sure about it. For example there is no Texas state record for a Spotted Sea Trout (Speck). Also, there is a Texas record for something called a Blacktail Shiner at 0lbs 0.48oz. Puleeeeeze! There is apparently a Texas record for a Northern Pike. Are there really Northern Pike in Town Lake?
zihuatanejo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2007, 03:17 PM   #8
Gator_Nutz
Registered Users-pm+

Gator_Nutz has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieGator_Nutz has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieGator_Nutz has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieGator_Nutz has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieGator_Nutz has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieGator_Nutz has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieGator_Nutz has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieGator_Nutz has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieGator_Nutz has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieGator_Nutz has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieGator_Nutz has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
Looking at the list, at least when I view it, it says 4.13 lbs for flounder. That is what I was talking about. Where are you seeing 13?
Old 01-20-2007, 03:25 PM   #9
AL-umineum

AL-umineum is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)AL-umineum is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)AL-umineum is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)AL-umineum is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)AL-umineum is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)AL-umineum is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)AL-umineum is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)AL-umineum is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)AL-umineum is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)AL-umineum is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)AL-umineum is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Southern flounder13.0028.00Feb 18, 1976Sabine LakeHerbert Endicott
its on the list. southern flounder are the ones usually caught around these parts. I have no idea what kind of "flounder" has a 4 lb record.

J
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator_Nutz
Looking at the list, at least when I view it, it says 4.13 lbs for flounder. That is what I was talking about. Where are you seeing 13?
AL-umineum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2007, 03:28 PM   #10
Gator_Nutz
Registered Users-pm+

Oh good. Then the answer is no. I did not catch and eat any state records.