2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Just like to say Thank You(sorry, long post)

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  HomeIn2 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I just wanted to say thank you to all who have helped out a newbie in the deep blue. I am a member of MANY boards, all hobbies of mine. Not a single one of them 'spill there guts' on what to do. Most of them are hunting forums, an of course, we dont tell the best spots.

I just wanted to say thanks for the help over the last few months. I dont post up much, but I am here just about every day even though I am basically dry dock here in Texarkana. I wish I could come down more often, but as far as work goes and of course the obvious distance I have to travel, I can only offshore 3-4 times a year.

I am coming down for FOUR DAYS of fishing during the 4th weekend (I know, busy), but this is how I am taking my vacation!

I am sorry I have basically nothing to offer except what I did when I fished. I just wanted to say thanks to you guys for helping me out with various techniques and locations you have offered.

Having said that.... here is what I am going to do on the 4th!! Bottom fish at various rigs off Bridge Bait ramp. Ribbon fish seem great, but I plan to troll with some hard baits I have been compiling. Mainly diamonds and some deep diver Rapalas to kill time around grass lines. I'll have a pics to post on what goes on.

And, of course, if you have any tips for a newbie, they will be listened to. ;)

See less See more
#5 ·
I only like to go out 40 miles at the most (In/Out motor with a small tank... that puts me back to shore with just over 1/4 tank). I mainly hit rigs and wrecks I find on Tom's maps. 5 footers are uncomfortable but I have done it 2-3 times before. 3-4 footers are perfect. It's a 25 foot Searay but throws water away pretty well with the design.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.