2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

trinity bay

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  hookemandcookem 
#1 ·
saturday was a good day for a boat ride. left pearville at 5:15am and ran right into a 45 min delay with the closing of the beltway in pasadena. put in at double bayou due to ramp closure at ft. anahuac park (gator fest). finally started fishing around 8. put some miles on the boat but couldn't find anything to bite except one lonely hardhead. fished til about 11:30. gotta report the good, bad, and ugly. it really was a nice day and boat ride though.

#3 ·
yup. water was good. lots of bait. no hungry predators. at least where we went.
i saw one guy catch a red wading and heard a few fish were caught at wells and deep reefs. lesson learned.....you should have always fished the areas where you heard fish were caught after you went fishing.:spineyes:.....whaat?

#4 ·
??

i learned the hard way, when i chase others reports, i don't do well. on the other hand if i rely on my experience and do my deal, i do much better. however if a solid source tells me fish are at a specific spot, i'll definitely hit it to see. but reports send me astray almost every time. :texasflag

#6 ·
I have been hitting the upper trinity pretty heavy. I haven't had much luck at all. I've done a lot of boat riding, and watching. There is plenty of bait in the water, but like you said, the predator fish (red fish), I just can't seem to find.

I'm considering driving a little further and trying to learn East Bay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.