Fan Boats Outlawed on Conroe Lake? - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Fresh water forums > Bow Fishing Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2008, 03:44 PM   #11
bowfishrp
Another hated bowfisherman

bowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Pirate
The enforcement officer for Sam Houston Nat forest will not answer the phone or return my calls....I am about to post his name and number but dont know if that would get me in trouble. I THINK it is a noise ordinance but I want to know where that is written and what the db level has to be...if that is it I will be buying a db meter and test my fan.

Again I just want to know what law we are supposed to be breaking.
bowfishrp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2008, 09:10 PM   #12
Salty1
Registered Users-pm+

Salty1 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Help I can't get anyone to return my call

bowfishrp-I have left detailed voicemail messages at the Sam Houston National Forest as well and he has not returned my call either. I left voicemails with a detailed message at the Lake Conroe Lake Patrol office (Montgomery County Constable Precinct 1 Don Chomley's office) and at the San Jacinto River Authority and no one has returned my calls.

According to a website I found, the San Jacinto River Authority is actually the governing authority for all rules, regulations, and laws implemented for Lake Conroe. I have not had my voicemail message returned.

I believe the National Parks fall under the Department of the Interior. I believe they have an office in Houston, TX. I guess that will have to be the next avenue?

I am really frustrated that no one will answer the question or return a phone call. Does anyone know the answer out there?

I am not sure if the guys that got the tickets were on the national Parks land but as far as I know they were on Lake Conroe.
Salty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2008, 11:31 AM   #13
bowfishrp

bowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Pirate
We were on Lewis creek last week and it was pretty muddy....not near as good as above 1097.

We pay at the park entrance just like everyone else, but that is the rub, we dont even KNOW what they are ticketing people for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2008, 11:19 AM   #14
bowfishrp

I have not been able to talk to the guy still, however, I spoke to a guy who did. The problem is noise. Apparently there are a few airboats with no mufflers running around Cagle camp grounds and upsetting a lot of campers. When they complain, the officers start writing tickets....cant say that I blame them much. Those non-muffled airboats are very loud and they launch and load right at the boat ramp right next to the camp grounds. There was even some discussion about generators since after 10PM there are not supposed to be any generators running in the camp grounds.

He heard 90db at 90ft but he was not certain. No non-muffled airboat would stay under 90db even at idle. However, not 100% sure on the db numbers.

If you are fishing up that way, respect the campers and keep the noise down! NO ONE likes to be woke up at 2AM by a loud airboat loading up their boat.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:40 PM   #15
Quackerbox
Registered Users-pm+

Quackerbox has been promoted to PirateQuackerbox has been promoted to PirateQuackerbox has been promoted to PirateQuackerbox has been promoted to PirateQuackerbox has been promoted to PirateQuackerbox has been promoted to PirateQuackerbox has been promoted to PirateQuackerbox has been promoted to PirateQuackerbox has been promoted to PirateQuackerbox has been promoted to PirateQuackerbox has been promoted to Pirate
I was told ANY boat with above water exhaust was not allowed on Conroe, this including all the scarabs and weekend warriors that cruise the lake in half plane circles...
Quackerbox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2008, 04:58 PM   #16
remi19
Registered Users-pm+

remi19 has been promoted to Pirateremi19 has been promoted to Pirateremi19 has been promoted to Pirateremi19 has been promoted to Pirateremi19 has been promoted to Pirateremi19 has been promoted to Pirateremi19 has been promoted to Pirateremi19 has been promoted to Pirateremi19 has been promoted to Pirateremi19 has been promoted to Pirateremi19 has been promoted to Pirate
That can't be right, Half the boats on conroe would be breaking the law.
remi19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2008, 11:34 PM   #17
Bowhntr
Registered Users-pm+

Bowhntr has been promoted to PirateBowhntr has been promoted to PirateBowhntr has been promoted to PirateBowhntr has been promoted to PirateBowhntr has been promoted to PirateBowhntr has been promoted to PirateBowhntr has been promoted to PirateBowhntr has been promoted to PirateBowhntr has been promoted to PirateBowhntr has been promoted to PirateBowhntr has been promoted to Pirate
That law (which happened this year is true) guess people with money really can make their own rules when it makes them happy. What was the ticket for? bowfishing or the fan boat? As of Sept 1, 2008 you CAN'T bowfishing for cats anymore-but gar/carp okay. AS last meeting this was only a proposal-NOT LAW to use air boats on the lake. They (TPWD) is still considering it. However, ther river authority can set this rule as well, check with them to see if they passed it
Bowhntr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2008, 10:25 PM   #18
bboswell
Registered Users-pm+

bboswell has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbboswell has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbboswell has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbboswell has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbboswell has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbboswell has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbboswell has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbboswell has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbboswell has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbboswell has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbboswell has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
This is NOT new. I was stopped over 4 years ago north of 1097 by a game warden for this very thing.

It is not a SJRA deal and it is not a Lake Conroe deal. It is a National Forest issue. The warder told me that 1097 was the line between Lake Conroe and the National forest for this and other matters.

I have always expected them to outlaw fan boats on the whole lake since this law forces fan boat to only operate in the populated end of the lake which causes disturbance issues.
bboswell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2008, 07:54 PM   #19
Salty1
Registered Users-pm+

Salty1 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)

I am trying to get through to the same number at the National Forest but he won’t return may calls either. I did get through to the SJRA last Friday and the lady immediately referred me back to the Sam Houston National Forest when I explained to her that I was trying to find out about bow fishing from airboats on Lake Conroe. I told her that he would not return our calls so she confirmed that on the North end of the lake near the Sam Houston National Forest that there is some type of Federal law that is being enforced by them but she could not give me the specifics of it.

She did not know there was a difference between a fan boat and airboat so I educated her on it. She did warn us to stay away from people’s homes on the lake in the early morning hours though because it could be considered a “nuisance”. When I asked her to tell me what the actual law is that prevent us from being on the lake at a certain time, she said I would have to talk to the Parks and Wildlife. I asked her if the SJRA is the governing body for Lake Conroe for the laws, regulations, and rules and she said ”yes” but could not quote the law for the “nuisance”.

I am pretty frustrated. Everyone is trying to do the right thing and abide by the law but the law won’t tell us what the laws are…

My friend has had his fan boat out a few times but he is staying away from the north end of the lake for now. Does anyone know someone at the Dockline Magazine, the Conroe Courier, or the Houston Chronicle to do a story on it? May be then we could find the actual answers...
Salty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2008, 12:04 AM   #20
CoastalOutfitters
sea monkey rancher

CoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to Pirate
She did not know there was a difference between a fan boat and airboat so I educated her on it

i'm on your side , but what did you tell her ? was it noise or cubic inches or primary power?
CoastalOutfitters is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message