New to bow hunting - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Bow Hunting Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2018, 03:48 AM   #1
BullyARed
Registered Users-pm+

BullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to Pirate
New to bow hunting

I am now getting myself into bow hunting hobby and would like recommendation for a cross bow and speed? my price range about $600.00. Thanks.
BullyARed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2018, 05:13 AM   #2
2Ws
Registered Users-pm+

2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate2Ws has been promoted to Pirate
If I still could pull my compound I wouldn't have to use my DARN crossbow, its not the same, having said that a crossbow will still get you in the woods earlier
2Ws is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2018, 05:11 PM   #3
Main Frame 8
Don't ask if you don't want the truth.

Main Frame 8 has been promoted to PirateMain Frame 8 has been promoted to PirateMain Frame 8 has been promoted to PirateMain Frame 8 has been promoted to PirateMain Frame 8 has been promoted to PirateMain Frame 8 has been promoted to PirateMain Frame 8 has been promoted to PirateMain Frame 8 has been promoted to PirateMain Frame 8 has been promoted to PirateMain Frame 8 has been promoted to PirateMain Frame 8 has been promoted to Pirate
Before committing to a crossbow, have you looked at or considered the air bows they have out now?

If I get to where I cannot handle a compound any longer, I'll be looking hard at one of these if they are approved for archery season.

Main Frame 8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2018, 07:59 PM   #4
BullyARed
Registered Users-pm+

BullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to Pirate
^^^ I want to buy one!!! A bit pricey for now.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...irbow&_sacat=0
Old 03-11-2018, 07:58 PM   #5
BullyARed
Registered Users-pm+

Found this useful site

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...vgbqrnjEEmrRhd
Old 03-14-2018, 10:16 PM   #6
Chase4556
US Army Aviation NSDQ!

Chase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to Pirate
I got my dad a TenPoint Titan Xtreme a few years back for Christmas. He seems to really like it, and it does well. I did add the string stop accessory to it, helped to quiet it down a little. He kills deer every year with it.

Looking online, it seems like the Titan SS is the new version, appears to be in the $650-$800 range depending on if you get it with the accudraw or not. Little above your stated budget, but its a solid bow.
Chase4556 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2018, 09:31 PM   #7
Slade1998
Registered Users-pm+

Slade1998 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I have the barnett Ghost 360 and i love it. I have killed many pigs and deer with it. its around 600 and i have never had a problem with it.
Slade1998 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2018, 10:18 PM   #8
BullyARed
Registered Users-pm+

Thanks all. I finally bought a Wicked Ridge by Tenpoint Invader G3. I like it! I shot twice at Field&Stream indoor range and hit bulleye all, almost splitting both bolts!
Old 03-19-2018, 08:15 PM   #9
SuperScooter
Registered Users-pm+

SuperScooter has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSuperScooter has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSuperScooter has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSuperScooter has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSuperScooter has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSuperScooter has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSuperScooter has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSuperScooter has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSuperScooter has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSuperScooter has been promoted to the rank of RiggerSuperScooter has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
centerpoint sniper 370- done

http://www.amazon.com/CenterPoint-Sn.../dp/B07674HGQP

edit: day to late
SuperScooter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2018, 10:30 PM   #10
BullyARed
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperScooter View Post
centerpoint sniper 370- done

http://www.amazon.com/CenterPoint-Sn.../dp/B07674HGQP

edit: day to late
Looked into this crossbow even I have bought the Wicked Ridge Invader G3. This centerpoint sniper is bit heavy but has lot of power for the price. Academy has it on sale for $249.99 now.

====