2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Kitchen faucet problem

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Ronhauser 
#1 ·
We have a single handle faucet on our kitchen faucet. When you try to turn the water on, either hot or cold, there is a little thump or clunk noice coming from the outlet and the water barely trickles out. Is there a valve or something in that nozzle that is clogged or faulty. Or do I need to buy a new faucet? Thanks

#4 ·
Sounds like the little check valve for the sprayer is closing on you. There is probably a build up of minerals or maybe a slight blockage. I would take the screen off the end of the faucet and clean that out. If it still does it, you can remove the entire faucet and soak in vinegar for 30 min to an hour, making sure it gets everywhere or replace the faucet.

#5 ·
Depending on brand/style, there may be a cartridge inside which controls the flow. At least on mine I can remove the handle then unscrew the top of the unit to remove the cartridge for cleaning/replacing parts. With a lifetime warranty I've replaced that cartridge at least once over the years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.