i pilot - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2019, 04:33 PM   #1
CRutkowski
Registered Users-pm+

CRutkowski has been promote to GunnerCRutkowski has been promote to GunnerCRutkowski has been promote to GunnerCRutkowski has been promote to GunnerCRutkowski has been promote to GunnerCRutkowski has been promote to GunnerCRutkowski has been promote to GunnerCRutkowski has been promote to GunnerCRutkowski has been promote to GunnerCRutkowski has been promote to GunnerCRutkowski has been promote to Gunner
Question i pilot

I have never used an i pilot trolling motor. Do they really work at keeping you on your spot even if windy.
If i decide to fish a reef out of the back of the boat, do i turn the bow into the wind and then set I pilot?? What or how do you guys find that it works best??
can it be used as a second power pole?
CRutkowski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2019, 06:11 PM   #2
Picudo Azul
Registered Users-pm+

Picudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to PiratePicudo Azul has been promoted to Pirate
Get one !!!! Finest thing I’ve ever put on a boat. Mine is on a 22 Whaler. 36 volt. I went with the 6’ shaft and am glad I did. Manual deploy and it’s easy enough. It holds me in one spot better than an anchor. Mine is mounted near the center of the bow. Hit the anchor button and fish
Picudo Azul is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2019, 07:30 PM   #3
rglide09
Registered Users-pm+

rglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Pirate
I’ve had one for 3 years and what a difference it makes. No more jacking with the trolling motor, turning it off to reel in a fish and then try to get back to the spot you caught the fish. Worth every penny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
rglide09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2019, 10:13 PM   #4
Chase4556
US Army Aviation NSDQ!

Chase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to Pirate
Like the other two said, yes it will keep you on a spot. It’s an amazing tool to have.

As far as wind and current, the boat will turn whichever way it’s pushed. So if wind or current changes, it will spin the boat. The ipilot just keeps you on a spot, it doesn’t keep the boat pointed a certain direction. Around here we have 8+ foot tide swings, so the current really rips. Even with the strong current and wind, the ipilot keeps me where I tell it too. I do with I got the 36v instead of the 24v, so keep that in mind if you have anything over a 20ft boat and were looking at the 24v.
Chase4556 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2019, 08:39 AM   #5
That Robbie Guy
Registered Users-pm+

That Robbie Guy has disabled reputation
I've got a 16' Shoalwater Flats and just picked up the 48" 55 lbs PowerDrive.

I.Am.Excited.
That Robbie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2019, 09:54 AM   #6
SaltwaterTom
Fat Hookers Fishing Team

SaltwaterTom has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterTom has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterTom has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterTom has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterTom has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterTom has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterTom has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterTom has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterTom has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterTom has been promoted to PirateSaltwaterTom has been promoted to Pirate
On my last trip into the golf, we were fishing a man-made reef 25 miles out of Port O’Connor, and there were dozens of boats out there. The one absolutely perfect spot I really wanted to fish was occupied by a Ranger bay boat with an I pilot. That boat stayed exactly where it needed to be for hours, and I had to try to figure out the current so that I could anchor in 100 feet of water and be even remotely close to where I wanted to be. If I had the spare money, I would have one on my boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SaltwaterTom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2019, 03:36 PM   #7
rglide09
Registered Users-pm+

rglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Pirate

A little windy on Lake Livingston today. Caught this limit in one spot thanks to the Minn Kota Terrova in a hour. So nice when you can just fish and not mess with keeping the boat on target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
rglide09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2019, 04:09 PM   #8
ChampT22
Registered Users-pm+

ChampT22 has been promoted to PirateChampT22 has been promoted to PirateChampT22 has been promoted to PirateChampT22 has been promoted to PirateChampT22 has been promoted to PirateChampT22 has been promoted to PirateChampT22 has been promoted to PirateChampT22 has been promoted to PirateChampT22 has been promoted to PirateChampT22 has been promoted to PirateChampT22 has been promoted to Pirate
On my last trip to Choke Canyon, I was jigging a spoon on the bottom, using my foot control trolling motor. I found some fish on a break where the depth went from 15 to 25 feet. The fish were at 19-feet. A typical scenario, first try and stay on the spot, second, after I catch a fish and put him in the ice box I am now off of the spot. Fight the wind and try to get back to and stay on my spot. After a few fish, I am worn out. So, I put out the anchor. Again a typical scenario, I set the anchor and let out a lot of rope in 15-feet of water so my anchor will hold, my boat swings and I am fishing in everywhere between 17 and 25 feet of water, but not on top of the fish. Then my anchor drags and I have to reset. While all this is going on I have been watching another boat fishing nearby and it barely moved the whole time. It looked like he was using an I-Pilot, later on, I talked to him and confirmed it was an I-Pilot. I am almost done installing a Riptide Terrova I-Pilot on my boat.
ChampT22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message