Perfect Bow ?? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Bow Hunting Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2018, 05:11 PM   #1
Revelation
Registered Users-pm+

Revelation has been promoted to PirateRevelation has been promoted to PirateRevelation has been promoted to PirateRevelation has been promoted to PirateRevelation has been promoted to PirateRevelation has been promoted to PirateRevelation has been promoted to PirateRevelation has been promoted to PirateRevelation has been promoted to PirateRevelation has been promoted to PirateRevelation has been promoted to Pirate
Perfect Bow ??

If you could buy one bow that was the ultimate in size, weight, speed etc. what would it be ???
Revelation is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2018, 07:20 PM   #2
murphnturf
Registered Users-pm+

murphnturf has been promoted to the rank of Privateermurphnturf has been promoted to the rank of Privateermurphnturf has been promoted to the rank of Privateermurphnturf has been promoted to the rank of Privateermurphnturf has been promoted to the rank of Privateermurphnturf has been promoted to the rank of Privateermurphnturf has been promoted to the rank of Privateermurphnturf has been promoted to the rank of Privateermurphnturf has been promoted to the rank of Privateermurphnturf has been promoted to the rank of Privateermurphnturf has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
That’s a great question. I’ve always been told to go to an archery shop and shoot a bunch of bows. Wish I could help you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
murphnturf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2019, 09:58 PM   #3
troutsupport
Site Sponsor

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
Yes, the answer is ... the one that fits you and feels good shooting it. Speed is nice but the Indians shot deer with longbows which were way under 200fps. I could have got a high end mathews but I bought a midrange Hoyts that was 4 fps slower because it felt better shooting it. Granted both of those are great bows. Arrow weight and accuracy are the most important and that's more up to the archer. A bad shot from the 'Best' bow won't kill anything but an accurate shot with a good broadhead and arrow from a bad bow will kill anything 98% of the time.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:30 PM   #4
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Go shoot the top 3 offerings from every leading by bow manufacturer.

I had spent weeks planning the bow I wanted. Had a huge crush on one in particular.....until I shot it. Hated it! Bow shop handed me 7 more and i started going to every bow shop for 100+ miles to shoot all their top offerings.

Ended up buying a bow hundreds less that i never ever thought i would have considered with my previous misguided list of perfect size, weight, and speed.

Give yourself a real treat and go shoot all the top offerings. Whatever you have in your head or what you have read on the net or what recommendations really caught your attn.....throw all that out the window and go shoot with an open mind. Keep a running top favorite and keep shooting em all till you are satisfied with YOUR choice.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2019, 07:53 AM   #5
Trouthunter
An Over 60 Victim Of Fate

Trouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to PirateTrouthunter has been promoted to Pirate
And don't be too concerned about IBO ratings either or influenced by television ads. Take what grem and Tobin said above, put it all together and find the bow that is for you.

TH
Old 01-03-2019, 09:19 PM   #6
sqiggy
Registered Users-pm+

sqiggy has been promoted to Piratesqiggy has been promoted to Piratesqiggy has been promoted to Piratesqiggy has been promoted to Piratesqiggy has been promoted to Piratesqiggy has been promoted to Piratesqiggy has been promoted to Piratesqiggy has been promoted to Piratesqiggy has been promoted to Piratesqiggy has been promoted to Piratesqiggy has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutsupport View Post
Yes, the answer is ... the one that fits you and feels good shooting it.
This right here!!!
And when you have that, you can be deadly accurate. I would rather have a accurate slow bow than a high speed bow any day of the week.
Wait..........................I already have that now!!!
sqiggy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2019, 08:56 PM   #7
Chase4556
US Army Aviation NSDQ!

Chase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to PirateChase4556 has been promoted to Pirate
Matthews switchback XT

I’m sure the new bows blow it away, I’ve been out of the archery game for a while, but dang that was a sweet shooting rig.
Chase4556 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2019, 06:34 PM   #8
Whitebassfisher
Retired opinionated old fart

Whitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to PirateWhitebassfisher has been promoted to Pirate
In addition to accuracy, a bow that shoots quietly is important. Ball park speed for a bow is 300 fps, but sound travels 1100 fps. No matter how fast a bow you shoot, the sound will reach the deer before the arrow. An accurate shot with heavy enough arrows to ensure tremendous penetration and that shoots relatively quietly will get the job done.
Whitebassfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2019, 12:21 PM   #9
saltwaterflyfisher
Registered Users-pm+

saltwaterflyfisher has been promoted to Piratesaltwaterflyfisher has been promoted to Piratesaltwaterflyfisher has been promoted to Piratesaltwaterflyfisher has been promoted to Piratesaltwaterflyfisher has been promoted to Piratesaltwaterflyfisher has been promoted to Piratesaltwaterflyfisher has been promoted to Piratesaltwaterflyfisher has been promoted to Piratesaltwaterflyfisher has been promoted to Piratesaltwaterflyfisher has been promoted to Piratesaltwaterflyfisher has been promoted to Pirate
Buy the bow that feels best to you not other people. Doesn't matter what brand or model as long as it feels good to you and it is set up to fit you(draw length, location of peep to fit you & center shot). Then get the right arrows and broad heads for your needs. Don't get too hung up on speed. Kinetic energy is more important. Heavy arrows will give you more penetration. Last thing is practice...practice...practice.
saltwaterflyfisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2019, 05:31 PM   #10
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon latest on the market

i'd go with the latest Mathews on the market. i'm shooting the Z7-tactical.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message