T-Mobile lights up LTE in the Gulf - any feedback? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Bluewater Forums > Bluewater Board (Recreational Fishing)

Old 08-11-2019, 12:25 PM   #1
Gap
Registered Users-pm+

Gap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to Pirate
T-Mobile lights up LTE in the Gulf - any feedback?

https://www.t-mobile.com/news/lte-in...0ocTvXHjgAZuNk
Gap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2019, 12:28 PM   #2
ShawnQ
Registered Users-pm+

ShawnQ has disabled reputation
I ouldn't even get good signal at the Galveston jetties yesterday. My phone is usually pretty good in this area. It was terrible yesterday!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
ShawnQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 12:36 PM   #3
blaze 'em
Registered Users-pm+

blaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirateblaze 'em has been promoted to Pirate
Well according to their map, I'm not changing providers just yet...

They must've put some antennas up on some platforms offshore.

It is a step though, and competition will get others to go down this road too.

I remember back in the day, there were certain places where you could get a signal. It would be random but all of the sudden texts, emails, maybe even a call if someone was calling while you had service. I could be wrong, but I want to say it was around tequila rig?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
blaze 'em is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2019, 01:35 PM   #4
Benny ReelGame
Registered Users-pm+

Benny ReelGame has been promoted to PirateBenny ReelGame has been promoted to PirateBenny ReelGame has been promoted to PirateBenny ReelGame has been promoted to PirateBenny ReelGame has been promoted to PirateBenny ReelGame has been promoted to PirateBenny ReelGame has been promoted to PirateBenny ReelGame has been promoted to PirateBenny ReelGame has been promoted to PirateBenny ReelGame has been promoted to PirateBenny ReelGame has been promoted to Pirate
Nephew has T Mobile he has good strong signal when they leave GYB all the way out to the Flower Gardens. He calls & txt pics of the fish they are catching even goes live on Facebook he has an I Phone X. Everyone else on the boat dead zone for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Benny ReelGame is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 03:55 PM   #5
bigrome12
Registered Users-pm+

bigrome12 has been promoted to Piratebigrome12 has been promoted to Piratebigrome12 has been promoted to Piratebigrome12 has been promoted to Piratebigrome12 has been promoted to Piratebigrome12 has been promoted to Piratebigrome12 has been promoted to Piratebigrome12 has been promoted to Piratebigrome12 has been promoted to Piratebigrome12 has been promoted to Piratebigrome12 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze 'em View Post
Well according to their map, I'm not changing providers just yet...

They must've put some antennas up on some platforms offshore.

It is a step though, and competition will get others to go down this road too.

I remember back in the day, there were certain places where you could get a signal. It would be random but all of the sudden texts, emails, maybe even a call if someone was calling while you had service. I could be wrong, but I want to say it was around tequila rig?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Not sure about tequila but I’ve been at the hilltops overnight and had texts come through on my sprint phone. Had service all night but the rest of the world was asleep so after 11 or so it didn’t matter
bigrome12 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 06:56 PM   #6
photofishin
Registered Users-pm+

photofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Pirate
One of the reasons I go offshore is so I can leave the annoyance of a cell phone behind. I can use it to take photos and video...but it goes into airplane mode the minute I hit the jetties. I give my wife the float plan beforehand and the captain's sat phone number for emergencies
photofishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2019, 11:43 PM   #7
TXFishin
Relentless

TXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to PirateTXFishin has been promoted to Pirate
That explains last trip, out about 40 miles and an intermittent txt was received.

Definitely not something I would depend on regardless, or as others mentioned, getting away from cellphones is part of the trip

Relentless
TXFishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2019, 12:03 AM   #8
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon right

I'm with AT&T, and often in no signal zones out front. My experience has been, if I send a text, the phone will at some point while I'm moving around, make a momentary connection long enough to send and/or receive the messages. But I'm unable to make a call, in a lot of these areas. Like clock work, someone on the boat eventually reminds us, that we have no signal.
c hook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2019, 12:51 PM   #9
Gap
Registered Users-pm+

Gap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to PirateGap has been promoted to Pirate
I certainly understand the no cell phone part, but having active weather and the ability to communicate if you need it is what we're talking about here. Anyone use a sat phone, inreach, sirius weather? I have or have had all of them. All are solutions that are obsolete with consistent LTE cell service.
Gap is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2019, 02:31 PM   #10
SturgeonGeneral
Registered Users-pm+

SturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I'm on AT&T and I used to have service from Cervezas to Tequila, but not the last couple years so wondering if the antenna giving me service was on Tequila... My buddy who fishes with us has T Mobile and he picked up solid signal between E. Cerveza and the Intersection earlier this summer, enough to call, text, etc. I guess this explains it.
SturgeonGeneral is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message