Power steering gear box replacement - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Camping out and RV Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2018, 08:11 PM   #1
pitchindad
Pitchindad

pitchindad has been promoted to Piratepitchindad has been promoted to Piratepitchindad has been promoted to Piratepitchindad has been promoted to Piratepitchindad has been promoted to Piratepitchindad has been promoted to Piratepitchindad has been promoted to Piratepitchindad has been promoted to Piratepitchindad has been promoted to Piratepitchindad has been promoted to Piratepitchindad has been promoted to Pirate
Power steering gear box replacement

Anyone know a diesel mechanic who would have experience with a power steering gear box. My 2004 Holiday Rambler diesel pusher has a seal that started leaking on Friday. Lucky for me i was backing it into the driveway when it decided to started leaking. I believe it’s a Sheppard but I can’t confirm until I get it off. I would like to find someone who might come out and swap it out in the driveway so I don’t have to have it towed to a shop. Can’t drive it because if I run the pump dry I really will have a problem. You can pm me or just post up here.
I really appreciate any help or advice.
pitchindad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2018, 09:15 PM   #2
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Buy a rebuilt and send in your core. Not worth trying to do the seals yourself in my opinion without a full rebuild. Then just unbolt and bolt on new. Reconnect the lines and bleed it. If lines are bad or the threads dont start by hand easily get new lines too as they arent too expensive. Any hydraulic shop can make them while you wait.. Not hard just takes time.
sgrem is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message