Boating Stupidityness! - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB > TTMB
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-16-2019, 09:26 PM   #1
EastTexasRancher
Registered Users-pm+

EastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to Pirate
Boating Stupidityness!

This morning I was headed across West bay, and going to take the narrow channel into the ICW at Caranchua. I approach, and there’s a boat either power pole’d down, or drifting in about 2/3 of the cut. Potlickers have lines out into the cut.

Made getting thru a challenge, dragging my skeg as I was lifting the jack plate.

Teal boat, teal t-top, and matching Columbia shirt....so at least they looked cool.
EastTexasRancher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2019, 12:14 PM   #2
BFI-TX
Registered Users-pm+

BFI-TX has been promoted to PirateBFI-TX has been promoted to PirateBFI-TX has been promoted to PirateBFI-TX has been promoted to PirateBFI-TX has been promoted to PirateBFI-TX has been promoted to PirateBFI-TX has been promoted to PirateBFI-TX has been promoted to PirateBFI-TX has been promoted to PirateBFI-TX has been promoted to PirateBFI-TX has been promoted to Pirate
It's strange to me as how with folks like that the thought that they're blocking a known boating lane somehow doesnt even enter there minds.
PLUS, somehow you are the jerk when you disturb there fishing. As it's often repeated here, all it takes is money to operate a boat.
BFI-TX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2019, 02:03 PM   #3
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Your first day on the water?

Cant get animated about this stuff anymore. Just motor right on thru. If someone is having a picnic in the middle of the street I would blast right on by them too.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2019, 02:30 PM   #4
bwguardian
archTech

bwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Pirate
It used to bother me too in navigating the small shallow channel into Caranchua Lake just on the other side of the ICW you are talking about. I typically will fish there during the week to cut down on some of this, and will drop off plane and motor boat past. Hopefully most will be deer hunting from here on out given we will be having skinny tides because I have no intention of dropping off plane then...
bwguardian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2019, 02:38 PM   #5
RUFcaptain
Registered Users-pm+

RUFcaptain has been promoted to PirateRUFcaptain has been promoted to PirateRUFcaptain has been promoted to PirateRUFcaptain has been promoted to PirateRUFcaptain has been promoted to PirateRUFcaptain has been promoted to PirateRUFcaptain has been promoted to PirateRUFcaptain has been promoted to PirateRUFcaptain has been promoted to PirateRUFcaptain has been promoted to PirateRUFcaptain has been promoted to Pirate
Stupidity doesn’t know any better or care, I see it every where I go, be it a Wyoming river or the Florida Keys.
RUFcaptain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2019, 02:57 PM   #6
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrem View Post

Cant get animated about this stuff anymore. Just motor right on thru. If someone is having a picnic in the middle of the street I would blast right on by them too.
x100000000 doesn't make any sense to me.
dk2429 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2019, 03:00 PM   #7
Rockfish2
Registered Users-pm+

Rockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:

Yep, they’ll hopefully learn.
Rockfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2019, 04:03 PM   #8
2thDr
Registered Users-pm+

2thDr has been promoted to Pirate2thDr has been promoted to Pirate2thDr has been promoted to Pirate2thDr has been promoted to Pirate2thDr has been promoted to Pirate2thDr has been promoted to Pirate2thDr has been promoted to Pirate2thDr has been promoted to Pirate2thDr has been promoted to Pirate2thDr has been promoted to Pirate2thDr has been promoted to Pirate
anchoring in channel

Yup, just hope you don't get shot at when you go by on plane. That you have no choice just doesn't occur to morons. BTW I have found that narrow channels that get lots of boat traffic hold a secret. Fish learn that whenever a boat goes thru the prop wash makes baitfish and shrimp easy pickings for them. I'm the guy standing on the edge of the channel that you feel embarrassed to run past and disturb. If you watch carefully you'll see me cast into your wake. When I set the hook I bury the rod tip in the water so you don't notice fish on.
2thDr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2019, 04:37 PM   #9
EastTexasRancher
Registered Users-pm+

EastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:

Nope. It just never ceases to amaze me.
EastTexasRancher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2019, 05:04 PM   #10
Chuckybrown
I live to fish!

Chuckybrown has been promoted to PirateChuckybrown has been promoted to PirateChuckybrown has been promoted to PirateChuckybrown has been promoted to PirateChuckybrown has been promoted to PirateChuckybrown has been promoted to PirateChuckybrown has been promoted to PirateChuckybrown has been promoted to PirateChuckybrown has been promoted to PirateChuckybrown has been promoted to PirateChuckybrown has been promoted to Pirate
Well, if you want my unsolicited opinion, it should **** you (or the OP) off if you have to grind your skeg to get around someone that doesn't know what they are doing.

We can call it "not getting irritated ", or "it not being his first day on the water", and bathe in outward tolerance.....but truly it's ok to talk about bad boating on vivid display.
Chuckybrown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message