5th wheel and short bed - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Trucks/Towing/Trailering Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2019, 10:03 PM   #1
dabear
Registered Users-pm+

dabear has been promoted to Piratedabear has been promoted to Piratedabear has been promoted to Piratedabear has been promoted to Piratedabear has been promoted to Piratedabear has been promoted to Piratedabear has been promoted to Piratedabear has been promoted to Piratedabear has been promoted to Piratedabear has been promoted to Piratedabear has been promoted to Pirate
5th wheel and short bed

I have a F-250 short bed and need to get my 5th wheel hitch installed and I have friends that don't have the slider and claim to not having any issues with hitting the cab but I am still worried about this happening. Any thoughts.
dabear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2019, 01:33 AM   #2
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
I'd personally get a slider
dk2429 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2019, 05:45 AM   #3
THE FISH BAIT
Registered Users-pm+

THE FISH BAIT has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)THE FISH BAIT has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)THE FISH BAIT has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)THE FISH BAIT has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)THE FISH BAIT has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)THE FISH BAIT has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)THE FISH BAIT has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)THE FISH BAIT has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)THE FISH BAIT has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)THE FISH BAIT has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)THE FISH BAIT has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
If you decide to get a slider, which I would recommend, I have a used one in excellent condition for sale. It belonged to my father in law, barn kept and looks brand new. He always towed with a short bed and loved the slider hitch.

FB
THE FISH BAIT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-11-2019, 08:41 AM   #4
bwguardian
archTech

bwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Piratebwguardian has been promoted to Pirate
Your friends have probably not made sharp turns and/or been over non level ground.
bwguardian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2019, 07:55 PM   #5
Oldblue
Registered Users-pm+

Oldblue has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Oldblue has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Oldblue has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Oldblue has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Oldblue has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Oldblue has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Oldblue has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Oldblue has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Oldblue has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Oldblue has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Oldblue has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Get with The Fish Bait and you should be fine. Like bwguardian said, they probably never been in that situation. I have a F-150 and it has the short bed w/slider, best thing for you. Good Luck
Oldblue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2019, 09:20 PM   #6
ibtbone
John 3:16

ibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirateibtbone has been promoted to Pirate
Some of it actually depends on the style of the trailer. Some smaller ones, the kingpin box actually sticks out in front of the camper. Many larger trailers have the kingpin under the nose of the overhang. Those with the camper over the kingpin need the added room ( slider or longer wheelbase)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ibtbone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2019, 06:28 AM   #7
rglide09
Registered Users-pm+

rglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Piraterglide09 has been promoted to Pirate
How long is your short bed? Some of the newer trucks have less than a 6’ bed. My 6’ bed has no problem with an older Montana and no slider.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
rglide09 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2019, 04:43 PM   #8
specktout
Registered Users-pm+

specktout has been promoted to Piratespecktout has been promoted to Piratespecktout has been promoted to Piratespecktout has been promoted to Piratespecktout has been promoted to Piratespecktout has been promoted to Piratespecktout has been promoted to Piratespecktout has been promoted to Piratespecktout has been promoted to Piratespecktout has been promoted to Piratespecktout has been promoted to Pirate
What year is your trailer? Most of the newer 5th wheel trailers have scallop corners so they won’t contact the truck cab in a sharp turn.
That’s being said, I have a Pullrite Super glide hitch, love it.
specktout is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2019, 07:17 PM   #9
sparky986
Registered Users-pm+

sparky986 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I don't have a slider. Here is my setup.
Attached Images

sparky986 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message