Should I replace them all??? - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Camping out and RV Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2019, 03:05 PM   #11
Pier Pressure
Pier fisherman - Firewood guy.

Pier Pressure has been promoted to PiratePier Pressure has been promoted to PiratePier Pressure has been promoted to PiratePier Pressure has been promoted to PiratePier Pressure has been promoted to PiratePier Pressure has been promoted to PiratePier Pressure has been promoted to PiratePier Pressure has been promoted to PiratePier Pressure has been promoted to PiratePier Pressure has been promoted to PiratePier Pressure has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floatin Doc View Post
Yes. Replace them with quality tires, not the cheap Chinese junk. Use a quality trailer tire like Hankook or Maxxis. Tires are not something to go cheap on.
Hankook and Maxxis are made in china also.

Many people are going with the Good Year Endurance tire.
Pier Pressure is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2019, 09:03 PM   #12
H2
Registered Users-pm+

H2 has been promoted to PirateH2 has been promoted to PirateH2 has been promoted to PirateH2 has been promoted to PirateH2 has been promoted to PirateH2 has been promoted to PirateH2 has been promoted to PirateH2 has been promoted to PirateH2 has been promoted to PirateH2 has been promoted to PirateH2 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas bohunk View Post
Replace them all. Had one blow out on the first leg of my last trip. Blew another one on the last leg. $2k + damage on trailer. Went with Goodyear Endurance trailer tires rated for 85mph.

Same happened to me 3 weeks ago $1900 in damage. Went to Discount Tire and got 5 new GY Endurance tires installed.
H2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2019, 11:01 AM   #13
bmc4041
Registered Users-pm+

bmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Piratebmc4041 has been promoted to Pirate
A few years ago I had a blowout that threw a piece of rubber through the floor and into the bathroom. Was close to $4,000 with of repairs.

After that I said screw ST tires and ordered 16” rims and put on the BFG commercial TA’s. The Michelin XPS ribs are probably even better but significantly more $.

Those two tires I mentioned are very commonly used for trailers even though they are not ST tires. I did a fair amount of research. You can’t just put any LT tire on your trailer. Most don’t have the load rating and sidewall stiffness needed.
bmc4041 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2019, 02:34 PM   #14
TheKodiak
Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast...

TheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I ended up replacing all five, with some beefy looking Hercules Power ST2 tires. American made tires at an affordable price.
TheKodiak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message