r pod - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Camping out and RV Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2016, 04:14 PM   #11
texas skiffaroo
Registered Users-pm+

texas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayco View Post
If you're dead set on a fiberglass bubble camper that small, you can also look at Scamps.

http://www.scamptrailers.com/showroom.html
Not dead set on any thing.
Like Bobby said just like sleeping in our own bed at night.
We didn't want to get a long one, cause we will mostly use it on weekends to the beach in Port Aransas and maybe North in the summer.
I get what you are saying about more room, but we consider ourselves "low maintenance" travellers, we don't require a lot of frills, but are older now and need a little more comfort than the pick up camper we had, and before that a two man tent.
Now we are looking at travel trailers, if we live long enough we might move up to a class A.
texas skiffaroo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2016, 04:49 PM   #12
texas skiffaroo
Registered Users-pm+

texas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Piratetexas skiffaroo has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocketfisherman View Post
Pretty much all the spam can trailers are cruddy construction unless you are paying really high dollar. There is one good option I found out there, and it is made right in Houston by a retired NASA engineer who started the company. They are called Cricket Trailers. Check them out, they use a totally different space frame and bonded panel construction, more like an aircraft than the typical aluminum storage shed on a flexy ladder frame travel trailer.
Checked out their web site and they look like something we could have used when we were younger.
Very compact, but with all the basic's.
Thanks for the suggestion any way.
texas skiffaroo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2016, 06:50 PM   #13
Jayco
Registered Users-pm+

Jayco has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas skiffaroo View Post
I get what you are saying about more room, but we consider ourselves "low maintenance" travellers, we don't require a lot of frills, but are older now and need a little more comfort than the pick up camper we had, and before that a two man tent.
Now we are looking at travel trailers, if we live long enough we might move up to a class A.

All of the major manufacturers will have smaller trailers.

Jayco makes very nice trailers, and all the way down to 16' models.
http://www.jayco.com/products/travel...ght-slx/145rb/

The 19RD was my absolute favorite weekend trailer. It comes in at 23' but is very well equipped.
http://www.jayco.com/products/travel...y-flight/19rd/

Keystone has this model at 18', with a murphy bed.
http://www.keystonerv.com/share?bran...RT&model=151ML

And Winnebago has come out with some VERY nice small trailers. Check out the Winne Drops, and the Mini Winne's.
http://winnebagoind.com/product-classes/travel-trailer
Jayco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2016, 01:46 PM   #14
Oceola
NRA Life/Endowment member, 49yrs.

Oceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to Pirate
I call BS on Casitas smelling musty...I've had mine for five years...It stays at camp in the East Texas woods all year except for two months each year when I take it to Florida's east coast (1000miles)...NEVER any smell, period. Love it...it has everything you could want and then some.

http://casitatraveltrailers.com/

http://www.casitaclub.com/forums/for...ta-club-forum/

Attached Images

Oceola is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2016, 02:21 PM   #15
Oceola

Oceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to PirateOceola has been promoted to Pirate
The carpet, over 3/8th inch closed cell foam backing, covers all the walls and ceiling...It's great...Quiet, warm when it's cold out, cool when it's hot...one of the best features it has over Scamps.

https://www.2coolfishing.com/ttmbforu...d.php?t=930953
Old 07-14-2017, 09:37 PM   #16
blanked
Registered Users-pm+

blanked has been promoted to the rank of Bosunblanked has been promoted to the rank of Bosunblanked has been promoted to the rank of Bosunblanked has been promoted to the rank of Bosunblanked has been promoted to the rank of Bosunblanked has been promoted to the rank of Bosunblanked has been promoted to the rank of Bosunblanked has been promoted to the rank of Bosunblanked has been promoted to the rank of Bosunblanked has been promoted to the rank of Bosunblanked has been promoted to the rank of Bosun
I bought a 10 year old casita. The fiberglass body was solid when I sold it. Any smells inside rent a professional air purifier that companies use to clear smoke smell from fires. Only bad thing about casitas is the single axle. Tire blowouts atr very common and you really need to stay on top of tire care and changeout every 3 years. Wheel bearings repack stay on top of too
blanked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2017, 10:49 AM   #17
captMike
Registered Users-pm+

captMike has been promoted to PiratecaptMike has been promoted to PiratecaptMike has been promoted to PiratecaptMike has been promoted to PiratecaptMike has been promoted to PiratecaptMike has been promoted to PiratecaptMike has been promoted to PiratecaptMike has been promoted to PiratecaptMike has been promoted to PiratecaptMike has been promoted to PiratecaptMike has been promoted to Pirate
We now have class A, and have had bp tt's, we keep running in them while the are plugged in, also in 2 cabins we have,(we live on the coast) it helps keep out moisture and keeps down mold and mildew. They are worth the money.
captMike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2017, 09:31 PM   #18
Oceola

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanked View Post
I bought a 10 year old casita. The fiberglass body was solid when I sold it. Any smells inside rent a professional air purifier that companies use to clear smoke smell from fires. Only bad thing about casitas is the single axle. Tire blowouts atr very common and you really need to stay on top of tire care and changeout every 3 years. Wheel bearings repack stay on top of too
1. Tire blowouts are not common on Casitas or any trailer for that matter if the right tires are used....The problem is owners using the wrong "Load Range" tires. When I got my Casita it had 14" Goodyear Marathon radial "Trailer" tires on it, load range "C"...With the weight of the trailer being about 2700# those tires were at the top end of their load range. First thing I did was replace those 14" wheels and tires with 15" wheels and Goodyear Wrangler LIGHT TRUCK tires LOAD RANGE "D". They've been on the trailer for five years now and have made 5 1000 mile round trips to Florida from Livingston towing at 70 mph with no problems and very little wear.

That is the same basic setup I have used on a number of small trailers in over 40 years of dragging them all over the place. Had a few flats from road junk but never a blowout.

For my money they can keep their radial "trailer" tires.
Attached Images

Last edited by Oceola; 07-22-2017 at 09:38 PM.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:53 PM   #19
sea hunt 202
Registered Users-pm+

sea hunt 202 has been promoted to Piratesea hunt 202 has been promoted to Piratesea hunt 202 has been promoted to Piratesea hunt 202 has been promoted to Piratesea hunt 202 has been promoted to Piratesea hunt 202 has been promoted to Piratesea hunt 202 has been promoted to Piratesea hunt 202 has been promoted to Piratesea hunt 202 has been promoted to Piratesea hunt 202 has been promoted to Piratesea hunt 202 has been promoted to Pirate
or build your own

These are easy to build and mine has not leaked yet, although in the future I will have to replace seals maby in 8 or 10 years
Attached Images

sea hunt 202 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message