Best tower boat - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2020, 09:21 AM   #11
Jake_12
Registered Users-pm+

Jake_12 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I run a 23 shoalwater cat tower boat and was blown away with the shallow water capabilities and that’s coming a shallow sport classic I had for 9 years . Yes the shallow sport could hole shot with less effort but the fact that my back doesn’t kill me anymore when crossing an open bay was worth the sacrifice. My tower is also set up heavy with full tower and bubble console and everything you could possibly Have on a boat and I’m very impressed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jake_12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2020, 11:11 AM   #12
Lone-Star
Registered Users-pm+

Lone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to PirateLone-Star has been promoted to Pirate
Yes illusion is significant upgrade over an RFL and you don’t give up that much shallow capability, most people will not use an RFL to full potential.
Lone-Star is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2020, 11:15 PM   #13
sailorguy96
Registered Users-pm+

sailorguy96 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnersailorguy96 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnersailorguy96 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnersailorguy96 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnersailorguy96 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnersailorguy96 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnersailorguy96 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnersailorguy96 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnersailorguy96 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnersailorguy96 has been promoted to the rank of Gunnersailorguy96 has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
I am definitely leaning more to an illusion now.

Another Hull I have been researching is the old Flats cat. Dose anyone have much experience with this hull? There are tons of them for sale ( maybe for a reason) but if it can run Shallow, which I know it can, and turn sharp that might be an affordable way into the tower game. I just really don’t know how the boat will handle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sailorguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2020, 11:45 PM   #14
sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

sgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Piratesgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Three words for you.

I'll
Us
Ion

And move on. Dont muddy the waters with other options. The flats cat will slide. Bad.
sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2020, 02:03 AM   #15
SKIPJACKSLAYER
Registered Users-pm+

SKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to PirateSKIPJACKSLAYER has been promoted to Pirate
Go buy a 22’ Stoner Cat no console and put a tower on it. Hull will cost you half what the illusions costs, and the Stoners are built like tanks. My 19ft Stoner was very affordable as I bought the boat and rigged everything myself. Also it’s not much of a cat. Looks more like an illusion, especially from the transom. Shallow hole shot is amazing. I’m sure there’s better boats out there but it is a full tunnel, shallow water boat at an excellent price that is going to get you close to RFL capabilities and run a little better in tougher waters. Dependable built boat for a great price, so you can save your coin for the expensive tower you want to put on it.
SKIPJACKSLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message