Pathfinder 2400 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2020, 10:42 PM   #1
Robert W
Registered Users-pm+

Robert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
Pathfinder 2400

Looking at an early Pathfinder 2400 with a 200hp Yamaha HPDI. The owner says it runs 52mph. I have some doubts.

Is 200hp underpowered for this hull?
Robert W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2020, 06:39 AM   #2
Double W
Registered Users-pm+

Double W has been promoted to the rank of GunnerDouble W has been promoted to the rank of GunnerDouble W has been promoted to the rank of GunnerDouble W has been promoted to the rank of GunnerDouble W has been promoted to the rank of GunnerDouble W has been promoted to the rank of GunnerDouble W has been promoted to the rank of GunnerDouble W has been promoted to the rank of GunnerDouble W has been promoted to the rank of GunnerDouble W has been promoted to the rank of GunnerDouble W has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
my last Pathfinder was a 2011 22' with a the same motor and running solo did get 52 max. but this is 2' shorter. lots to do with prop. My prop was from Mike's Machine Shop, 4 blade cupped.
Double W is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2020, 10:07 AM   #3
LSUALUM
Geaux Tigers!

LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert W View Post
Looking at an early Pathfinder 2400 with a 200hp Yamaha HPDI. The owner says it runs 52mph. I have some doubts.

My buddy has one with a 250 and it tops out around that give or take 3 mph. I would say, considering it is rated for 300, 200 is sufficient but underpowered for that hull.
LSUALUM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2020, 10:15 AM   #4
SturgeonGeneral
Registered Users-pm+

SturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerSturgeonGeneral has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:

I don't have any personal experience with that boat or motor, however, I have been on the hunt for a new boat. The pathfinder 2200 was in my list (ended up with a Blazer Bay 2220) and the market seemed to have both boats with 200hp Yamaha Vmax HPDI and OX66 variations. Three mechanics I spoke with advised I steer clear of HDPI due to the cost of repairs for each of the various components. I'm sure others will disagree, but given my lack of experience and the mechanics I trust advice, I opted to avoid HPDI.
SturgeonGeneral is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2020, 07:13 PM   #5
WineyFishrman
Try being smarter and I'll be much nicer

WineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to PirateWineyFishrman has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by SturgeonGeneral View Post
I don't have any personal experience with that boat or motor, however, I have been on the hunt for a new boat. The pathfinder 2200 was in my list (ended up with a Blazer Bay 2220) and the market seemed to have both boats with 200hp Yamaha Vmax HPDI and OX66 variations. Three mechanics I spoke with advised I steer clear of HDPI due to the cost of repairs for each of the various components. I'm sure others will disagree, but given my lack of experience and the mechanics I trust advice, I opted to avoid HPDI.
I've had 3 boats with the the Yamaha HPDI,,,, **** near bulletproof as long as you perform your annual maintenance.

2 were 150hp, 1 was a 200.... ran like a striped ape!

Now as for a 24 ft Pathfinder with a 200..... As long as you're not in a hurry ( and I would think 40 to 45 is plenty fast) and you're concerned with head popping hole shot... well the 200 is adequate, just not optimal.

I'm not one of those on the water that needs 60 mph boat, so if you could get for a nice price and it's low hour, and in good shape, I would do it.

Having the right prop and trim tabs will do a lot to help performance.

Pathfinder holds value and you could always re power in a few years.if the 200 isn't right for your "feel"

Get a test ride and make your decision, you don't like it, send me the info,, I'm looking for Pathfinder 24.
WineyFishrman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2020, 08:22 AM   #6
Jerry713
Registered Users-pm+

Jerry713 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Jerry713 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Jerry713 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Jerry713 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Jerry713 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Jerry713 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Jerry713 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Jerry713 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Jerry713 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Jerry713 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Jerry713 has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Quote:

I used to have a Pathfinder 2400 (06 I think) with a t-top. Had a 225 on it and it would run mid 40's with 2 guys. A 200 is underpowered for that boat no doubt.
Jerry713 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2020, 08:30 PM   #7
uscgnazzario
Registered Users-pm+

uscgnazzario has been promoted to Pirateuscgnazzario has been promoted to Pirateuscgnazzario has been promoted to Pirateuscgnazzario has been promoted to Pirateuscgnazzario has been promoted to Pirateuscgnazzario has been promoted to Pirateuscgnazzario has been promoted to Pirateuscgnazzario has been promoted to Pirateuscgnazzario has been promoted to Pirateuscgnazzario has been promoted to Pirateuscgnazzario has been promoted to Pirate
I have owned 3 2400 Pathfinders and 2 2200's and the smallest engine I had was a 225 on a 22. I had 250 and 300's on the 2400's and they were matched very well. Im sure you could get around just fine with a 200 on a 24 but Ive never seen one rigged that way and Ive been around a fair share of Pathfinders.
uscgnazzario is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2020, 04:41 PM   #8
Reel Lucky
Registered Users-pm+

Reel Lucky has been promote to GunnerReel Lucky has been promote to GunnerReel Lucky has been promote to GunnerReel Lucky has been promote to GunnerReel Lucky has been promote to GunnerReel Lucky has been promote to GunnerReel Lucky has been promote to GunnerReel Lucky has been promote to GunnerReel Lucky has been promote to GunnerReel Lucky has been promote to GunnerReel Lucky has been promote to Gunner
I would bet mid to upper 40’s with a normal load.

I have a 22v and have had a 150 2s (which blew a head) and now a 200 hpdi (2.6L) which has been fantastic. I’d equate 150 on a 22 to a 200 on a 24.

Be careful if others compare to a 225 4S that were put on a lot of the 24s. They were weak.

Also, if going with an hpdi make sure it is the 2.6L not the larger (3.3?).
Reel Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2020, 10:10 PM   #9
bcrenshaw
Registered Users-pm+

bcrenshaw has been promoted to Piratebcrenshaw has been promoted to Piratebcrenshaw has been promoted to Piratebcrenshaw has been promoted to Piratebcrenshaw has been promoted to Piratebcrenshaw has been promoted to Piratebcrenshaw has been promoted to Piratebcrenshaw has been promoted to Piratebcrenshaw has been promoted to Piratebcrenshaw has been promoted to Piratebcrenshaw has been promoted to Pirate
I have 24ft Seapro with 2000 200 hpdi
Its runs 48,,50 wot
bcrenshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2020, 10:13 PM   #10
bcrenshaw
Registered Users-pm+

bcrenshaw has been promoted to Piratebcrenshaw has been promoted to Piratebcrenshaw has been promoted to Piratebcrenshaw has been promoted to Piratebcrenshaw has been promoted to Piratebcrenshaw has been promoted to Piratebcrenshaw has been promoted to Piratebcrenshaw has been promoted to Piratebcrenshaw has been promoted to Piratebcrenshaw has been promoted to Piratebcrenshaw has been promoted to Pirate
My 2000 SeaPro
Attached Images

bcrenshaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message