Getting On the Soapbox Again! - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Hunting and Shooting Forums > Hunting Board
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2019, 09:34 AM   #1
steverino
Registered Users-pm+

steverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Pirate
sheepy2 Getting On the Soapbox Again!

Another year, and we are again approaching the start of our State's fall hunting season! Less than 2 weeks away from opening day and not a peep out of my fellow-hunters! I started hunting later in life than most so maybe I still get excited about the opportunity to hunt whitetail with a rifle and turkey hunt. I still get excited about the opportunity to go hunting but now it's not all about the harvest or horns! I enjoy a good hunt where you draw the animal in or track the animal and have the opportunity to take it. Now many times I just follow the animal with my binoculars and even put it in the crosshairs of my scope and never take the rifle off safety or touch the trigger. I guess as you get older you appreciate life and as such the hunt is more satisfying than the kill. Plus with a kill comes work like cleaning it/dressing it, icing it down and dealing with a heavy ice chest! I'll still be on the lookout for a nice whitetail buck, a nice young Axis buck and any and all pigs. Good luck to my fellow-hunters, be safe and enjoy!
steverino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2019, 10:09 AM   #2
cajunasian
"He is the ONE"

cajunasian has been promoted to Piratecajunasian has been promoted to Piratecajunasian has been promoted to Piratecajunasian has been promoted to Piratecajunasian has been promoted to Piratecajunasian has been promoted to Piratecajunasian has been promoted to Piratecajunasian has been promoted to Piratecajunasian has been promoted to Piratecajunasian has been promoted to Piratecajunasian has been promoted to Pirate
Haven't been back to the ranch in over two months. Work and family obligations tend to build up when the weather gets colder. Hope to make it out there on opening weekend as my freezers are almost empty again. I glass more than I pull on the trigger as I've grown more selective. But pigs, goats and Aoudads are a full green light in our neck of the woods. My trigger finger itches more and more as the day draws near. Good luck.
cajunasian is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2019, 10:34 AM   #3
steverino
Registered Users-pm+

steverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Piratesteverino has been promoted to Pirate
sheepy2 Hey CA!

My ex-BIL now has nilgai (one cow) and some Mouflon (5-6) on his place in Carta Valley! I may need to sneak out there now that it is getting cooler. It is over 100 degrees Fahrenheit in his metal storage camp in the summer, late spring and early fall days! AR/ATN night vision scope is charged and ready to go and shoot pigs in the night! I'm about done with fall fishing except for maybe a few days of flounder fishing. Maybe it's about time for me to get serious about the hogs since their numbers are a up a little again! I may also need to shoot a medium size Axis buck since my freezer is almost empty. Take care and good hunting!
steverino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2019, 11:59 AM   #4
sea sick
Make blood !!!

sea sick has been promoted to Piratesea sick has been promoted to Piratesea sick has been promoted to Piratesea sick has been promoted to Piratesea sick has been promoted to Piratesea sick has been promoted to Piratesea sick has been promoted to Piratesea sick has been promoted to Piratesea sick has been promoted to Piratesea sick has been promoted to Piratesea sick has been promoted to Pirate
Was out this weekend at my place. Hit a deer about 50 yards from CR 550 exit. Truck was ok, deer was toast.

Topped off a few readers. Did some dozer work at the house. Got popped in the back by a scorpion.
Hung out with the neighbors and ate like a king for a few days.

Lots of axis, some very nice WT on camera as well. We need some rain to fill the water guzzlers back up.

I might head back out next Wednesday through Sunday.
Always a good time.
sea sick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2019, 12:13 PM   #5
Bobby Hill
Registered Users-pm+

Bobby Hill has been promoted to PirateBobby Hill has been promoted to PirateBobby Hill has been promoted to PirateBobby Hill has been promoted to PirateBobby Hill has been promoted to PirateBobby Hill has been promoted to PirateBobby Hill has been promoted to PirateBobby Hill has been promoted to PirateBobby Hill has been promoted to PirateBobby Hill has been promoted to PirateBobby Hill has been promoted to Pirate
I got on a new lease this season after the property my old lease was on was sold. Lots and lots of work this summer on the new areas. Built two new stands and land clearing for 3 total people. I got to sit for the first time this past Saturday just to watch, i did bring my 300BLK just in case a Yote or bobcat popped out. Got there well before light to try out my Sightmark NV scope. Saw one small buck and 7 pigs all before daylight, really impressed with the budget NV scope. Once the sun came up, i didnt see anything until 8:15 when a solid 8pt walked out. Watched him eat at my feeder for about 5 mins until he strutted off. Man oh man that got my blood pumping for sure, Nov 2nd can't get here quick enough!!!!
Attached Images

Bobby Hill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2019, 12:38 PM   #6
LDBuckslayer
Registered Users-pm+

LDBuckslayer has been promoted to the rank of GunnerLDBuckslayer has been promoted to the rank of GunnerLDBuckslayer has been promoted to the rank of GunnerLDBuckslayer has been promoted to the rank of GunnerLDBuckslayer has been promoted to the rank of GunnerLDBuckslayer has been promoted to the rank of GunnerLDBuckslayer has been promoted to the rank of GunnerLDBuckslayer has been promoted to the rank of GunnerLDBuckslayer has been promoted to the rank of GunnerLDBuckslayer has been promoted to the rank of GunnerLDBuckslayer has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
I have been hunting since 1985. I am not that mad at them anymore. I get more pleasure taking someone else and letting them shoot a deer. I still take a couple for the freezer every year. The hunting camp atmosphere gives me the most pleasure.
LDBuckslayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2019, 03:25 PM   #7
c hook
Registered Users-pm+

c hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Piratec hook has been promoted to Pirate
tarpon right

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBuckslayer View Post
I have been hunting since 1985. I am not that mad at them anymore. I get more pleasure taking someone else and letting them shoot a deer. I still take a couple for the freezer every year. The hunting camp atmosphere gives me the most pleasure.
i'm with you, but i even got tire of the camp.
c hook is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2019, 04:14 PM   #8
T-Roy
Registered Users-pm+

T-Roy has been promoted to PirateT-Roy has been promoted to PirateT-Roy has been promoted to PirateT-Roy has been promoted to PirateT-Roy has been promoted to PirateT-Roy has been promoted to PirateT-Roy has been promoted to PirateT-Roy has been promoted to PirateT-Roy has been promoted to PirateT-Roy has been promoted to PirateT-Roy has been promoted to Pirate
Opening weekend is not coming soon enough. My family is bailing on me this year. My buddy will hopefully be in camp. We will drink one or two adult beverages and shoot some piggies.

Told my wife, they can do the softball thing. I am going hunting.
T-Roy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2019, 05:22 PM   #9
SSST
Registered Users-pm+

SSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to Pirate
Yeah, the texts between my fellow hunters and myself have been heating up this week. I'm fortunate, we have a nice hill country lease and I get to hunt with my Dad, sons, brother, and close friends. I shoot a good buck about every 5 years, but my sons are still mad at them, so they do most of the killing these days. Just gonna enjoy the years I can spend with my Dad, he's 69, but hunts harder than most young guys. Ready to throw back a few, grill some ribeyes over some red hot coals, and just take it all in. We spend lots of money on protein, and are super picky on what we kill, but take some very nice Blanco Co. deer every year, and have a couple wall hangers roaming around this year. Next Friday can't come soon enough.
SSST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2019, 12:37 AM   #10
Capt. Marcus Canales

Capt. Marcus Canales has been promoted to PirateCapt. Marcus Canales has been promoted to PirateCapt. Marcus Canales has been promoted to PirateCapt. Marcus Canales has been promoted to PirateCapt. Marcus Canales has been promoted to PirateCapt. Marcus Canales has been promoted to PirateCapt. Marcus Canales has been promoted to PirateCapt. Marcus Canales has been promoted to PirateCapt. Marcus Canales has been promoted to PirateCapt. Marcus Canales has been promoted to PirateCapt. Marcus Canales has been promoted to Pirate
Oh, I'm excited, but it's just so dang hot down here. I went to scout the other day and get some pics for some clients.....the sweat box was on FIRE!!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk