fins windtamer ??? where do you get it? - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Saltwater Fishing Forums > Line Class Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #11
teamfirstcast
Registered Users-pm+

teamfirstcast has been promoted to Pirateteamfirstcast has been promoted to Pirateteamfirstcast has been promoted to Pirateteamfirstcast has been promoted to Pirateteamfirstcast has been promoted to Pirateteamfirstcast has been promoted to Pirateteamfirstcast has been promoted to Pirateteamfirstcast has been promoted to Pirateteamfirstcast has been promoted to Pirateteamfirstcast has been promoted to Pirateteamfirstcast has been promoted to Pirate
Austin, it's not that particular line causing that (FINS is great line!!), it's because the line has sort of dug into itself after a hookset, or hang up on grass or shell, etc. The line is buried into the loosely would coils on the reel and during the next cast it will seem to hang or hesitate. You can solve this two ways: try using a larger dia braid (10-12 lb equiv to mono = 30-40-50 lb FINS) and try to reel in back keeping the line smooth and tight as possible, preventing small gaps where the line can dig in. After every hook set or hangup, make a short "cleansing cast" to clear this before a full power cast next time. Good luck.
teamfirstcast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #12
austinabear
Registered Users-pm+

austinabear is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamfirstcast View Post
Austin, it's not that particular line causing that (FINS is great line!!), it's because the line has sort of dug into itself after a hookset, or hang up on grass or shell, etc. The line is buried into the loosely would coils on the reel and during the next cast it will seem to hang or hesitate. You can solve this two ways: try using a larger dia braid (10-12 lb equiv to mono = 30-40-50 lb FINS) and try to reel in back keeping the line smooth and tight as possible, preventing small gaps where the line can dig in. After every hook set or hangup, make a short "cleansing cast" to clear this before a full power cast next time. Good luck.
That's pretty much the only thing I could think of..thanks for the input.
austinabear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2013, 09:05 PM   #13
Txredfish
Registered Users-pm+

Txredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to PirateTxredfish has been promoted to Pirate
Tackle Town in Rockport has Fins Windtamer in any color and any size.
They have in large spools and will fill your reel. They also carry normal size spools so that you can spool your own reel.
Txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2013, 09:37 AM   #14
ATX 4x4
Do you know Jesus?

ATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to PirateATX 4x4 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by angler_25 View Post
If you can't find any in stores below is a link to get some online:
http://hooksetgear.com/store/fins-windtamer-braid/

Another vote. Great customer service.
ATX 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #15
bjqx
Registered Users-pm+

bjqx has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bjqx has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bjqx has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bjqx has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bjqx has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bjqx has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bjqx has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bjqx has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bjqx has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bjqx has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)bjqx has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Had to set another brake to keep mine from hanging up in mid-cast
bjqx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 11:37 AM   #16
Longshotjames

Longshotjames has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerLongshotjames has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerLongshotjames has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerLongshotjames has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerLongshotjames has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerLongshotjames has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerLongshotjames has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerLongshotjames has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerLongshotjames has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerLongshotjames has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerLongshotjames has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I have fished FINS Windtamer for my last few trips. It is not head and shoulders better than my powerpro but it does seem to handle wind a little better with less backlash

I got mine from POC rod & gun in Port O Conner Texas
Longshot
Old 05-20-2013, 11:47 AM   #17
majekman
just add water !

majekman has been promoted to the rank of Privateermajekman has been promoted to the rank of Privateermajekman has been promoted to the rank of Privateermajekman has been promoted to the rank of Privateermajekman has been promoted to the rank of Privateermajekman has been promoted to the rank of Privateermajekman has been promoted to the rank of Privateermajekman has been promoted to the rank of Privateermajekman has been promoted to the rank of Privateermajekman has been promoted to the rank of Privateermajekman has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
fins

u can get it at Roscos in clute,tx
majekman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013, 01:39 PM   #18
bjmillet
Red Blue Wave 2200 STL

bjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Piratebjmillet has been promoted to Pirate
amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_sporting-goods?_encoding=UTF8&field-brandtextbin=Fins%20Fishing%20Line&node=3375251
bjmillet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #19
ClearLakeClayt
Cast/Catch/Clean/Cook/Consume, Under 25"

ClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to PirateClearLakeClayt has been promoted to Pirate
Fins Windtamer 30# was my first braid a few years ago and I still have it on one of my main reels. It has lasted well, performed well, and is still going strong. I have reversed it on the spool to use the other end for a while...

My other go-to reels now have Suffix 832, an 8-strand braid. I think it is smoother and quieter and would recommend you go that route. I don't think it really matters that much if it's Fins, Suffix, or Power Pro as long it's one of the new 8-strands.

Good advice on line diameter in the other posts - don't go too small...
ClearLakeClayt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2013, 08:54 AM   #20
BGaskamp101
Registered Users-pm+

BGaskamp101 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
flounder

David's Tackle Box in Rosenberg.
BGaskamp101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message