Nuclear Stress Test, newest version, a piece of cake! - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB > TTMB
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-11-2013, 08:04 AM   #1
baytownboy
Registered Users-pm+

baytownboy has been promoted to Piratebaytownboy has been promoted to Piratebaytownboy has been promoted to Piratebaytownboy has been promoted to Piratebaytownboy has been promoted to Piratebaytownboy has been promoted to Piratebaytownboy has been promoted to Piratebaytownboy has been promoted to Piratebaytownboy has been promoted to Piratebaytownboy has been promoted to Piratebaytownboy has been promoted to Pirate
Spineyes Nuclear Stress Test, newest version, a piece of cake!

My ol heart doctor ordered a nuclear stress test for me. The test was done in his office and he did not have to be there. The test was done at San Jacinto Plaza One in Baytown. I was sorta stressed out because of the last time and was not looking forward to it again.

Now for the SUPER GREAT NEWS for all the old farts like me, they have a realy simple and stressless stress test now! NO MORE TREADMILL MACHINE!
Got through with the newest version of a nuclear stress test Wednesday am. They no nonger put OLD FARTS LIKE ME on a tread mill and and make you run your arse off. You sit in a chair, then they inject the dye and wait awhile, then put you on a hard as a board bed for a machine like an MRI for 16 minutes. Then you have a ten minute break and back to the ol bed for 10 more minutes, and YOUR ALL DONE, YIPPE!!
Never feels like your heart is going to jump out of your chest anymore. I have been dreading this test for the last three days, hardly any sleep and got myself all worked up for nothing. Man was that a "piece of cake", and I am a very "happy camper" now. Went in at 8:30 got back home approx. around 11:30. I laid down to take a little nap after taking my pain meds and 2 Motrins for my bulging disc pain. I had to lay down and get up twice on the bed, so lots of strain on the ol bones. Laid back in the ol recliner for a LITTLE CAT NAP around 3:15 and was woken up by the phone at 4:30, man that was supposed to be A LITTLE CAT NAP!!
Now we wait for the results on the 19th, and hope they look all ok.
So super good news for all of us ol farts.

Last edited by Trouthunter; 07-11-2013 at 10:00 AM.
baytownboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2013, 08:28 AM   #2
Wizness
Registered Users-pm+

Wizness has been promoted to PirateWizness has been promoted to PirateWizness has been promoted to PirateWizness has been promoted to PirateWizness has been promoted to PirateWizness has been promoted to PirateWizness has been promoted to PirateWizness has been promoted to PirateWizness has been promoted to PirateWizness has been promoted to PirateWizness has been promoted to Pirate
They have been doing it for years...def a lot easier.
Wizness is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #3
Fish_On!
Registered Users-pm+

Fish_On! has been promoted to PirateFish_On! has been promoted to PirateFish_On! has been promoted to PirateFish_On! has been promoted to PirateFish_On! has been promoted to PirateFish_On! has been promoted to PirateFish_On! has been promoted to PirateFish_On! has been promoted to PirateFish_On! has been promoted to PirateFish_On! has been promoted to PirateFish_On! has been promoted to Pirate
My doc is old school so I'm not sure if he's even aware of this new technique. I'll ask him next time I go while he's attaching the leeches to my feet.
Fish_On! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #4
Bozo
Typical Texan

Bozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to PirateBozo has been promoted to Pirate
When I had one done, they sat me in a chair and gave me a shot of something that made my heart race and then followed it about a minute later with a shot to counter act the first shot. After getting the nuclear dye and waiting about 10 mintues for it to circulate, it was 1 minute and done. Sit around for 5 minutes to ensure I wasn't going to pass out from being slowed down from the rev it up job and off I went.
Bozo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #5
BullyARed
Registered Users-pm+

BullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to PirateBullyARed has been promoted to Pirate
Usually if you can't walk to bring your heart rate above 138 or so, they usually order chemical stress test and you don't have to run your arse off on the treadmill. Heart stress test is good for detecting any condition that could cause serious problem. If you are above 40 or family has history with heart problem, talk to your cardiologist. Best wishes to your test result Baytownboy (high octal boy! ).
BullyARed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #6
Blk Jck 224
Banned

Blk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to PirateBlk Jck 224 has been promoted to Pirate
[QUOTE=baytownboy;4974616] You sit in a chair, then they inject the dye and wait awhile

They inject an isotope, but they also inject a drug. Back in the day most Nuclear Medicine stress tests were done with dobutamine, but most are done with Adenosine now. While you aren't on the treadmill, these drugs are still stressing your heart like you were. They cause vasodilatation &/or increased ventricular contractions that require a higher oxygen demand to cardiac tissue. Having this done in your physician's office with a 'technician' may be more convenient, & everything is good unless something goes wrong. If you have a reaction to the medication or have a cardiac event during the procedure, you might be SOL in the time it now takes them to call 911 & get you to the hospital where there is an ICU, Critical Care Physicians, & a Cardiac Catheterization Lab. This is kind of like having surgery under general anesthesia in an outpatient surgical center. All is fine & good until you have an anesthesia reaction or they accidently nick an artery & you start bleeding out. At this point you need to be in a hospital, & your surgeon needs assistance from a Critical Care physician. I don't want to be laying on a stretcher in an outpatient setting waiting for an ambulance when time is of the essence. I will be in a hospital where all they have to do is roll my arse across the hall. Complications from cardiac stress tests & surgery are rare, but they absolutely do happen. Any stress test or general surgery that is done on me will be done in a hospital setting where there is a Cath Lab, ICU, & Critical Care Intensivists on site just in case.
Blk Jck 224 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #7
Bob Keyes
Registered Users-pm+

Bob Keyes has been promoted to PirateBob Keyes has been promoted to PirateBob Keyes has been promoted to PirateBob Keyes has been promoted to PirateBob Keyes has been promoted to PirateBob Keyes has been promoted to PirateBob Keyes has been promoted to PirateBob Keyes has been promoted to PirateBob Keyes has been promoted to PirateBob Keyes has been promoted to PirateBob Keyes has been promoted to Pirate
[quote=Blk Jck 224;4974968]
Quote:
Originally Posted by baytownboy View Post
You sit in a chair, then they inject the dye and wait awhile

They inject an isotope, but they also inject a drug. Back in the day most Nuclear Medicine stress tests were done with dobutamine, but most are done with Adenosine now. While you aren't on the treadmill, these drugs are still stressing your heart like you were. They cause vasodilatation &/or increased ventricular contractions that require a higher oxygen demand to cardiac tissue. Having this done in your physician's office with a 'technician' may be more convenient, & everything is good unless something goes wrong. If you have a reaction to the medication or have a cardiac event during the procedure, you might be SOL in the time it now takes them to call 911 & get you to the hospital where there is an ICU, Critical Care Physicians, & a Cardiac Catheterization Lab. This is kind of like having surgery under general anesthesia in an outpatient surgical center. All is fine & good until you have an anesthesia reaction or they accidently nick an artery & you start bleeding out. At this point you need to be in a hospital, & your surgeon needs assistance from a Critical Care physician. I don't want to be laying on a stretcher in an outpatient setting waiting for an ambulance when time is of the essence. I will be in a hospital where all they have to do is roll my arse across the hall. Complications from cardiac stress tests & surgery are rare, but they absolutely do happen. Any stress test or general surgery that is done on me will be done in a hospital setting where there is a Cath Lab, ICU, & Critical Care Intensivists on site just in case.
You got that right in one! If they do a stress test on me it will be the drug one in a hospital setting, the treadmill is out for me, the knees will not let me get the heart rate up to where they need it
Bob Keyes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #8
juan
Registered Users-pm+

juan has been promoted to Piratejuan has been promoted to Piratejuan has been promoted to Piratejuan has been promoted to Piratejuan has been promoted to Piratejuan has been promoted to Piratejuan has been promoted to Piratejuan has been promoted to Piratejuan has been promoted to Piratejuan has been promoted to Piratejuan has been promoted to Pirate
Been there done that twice and Dr. has not asked me to come back in 5-6 years so I guess I had no problems
juan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #9
Frank
No we're not lost

Frank has been promoted to PirateFrank has been promoted to PirateFrank has been promoted to PirateFrank has been promoted to PirateFrank has been promoted to PirateFrank has been promoted to PirateFrank has been promoted to PirateFrank has been promoted to PirateFrank has been promoted to PirateFrank has been promoted to PirateFrank has been promoted to Pirate
Lexiscan is the drug to request in stead of adenosine. I have had both multiple times. Adenosine makes you think you will explode(heart, head, even your hair and toe nails). Lexiscan makes you wonder if they gave you anything. It seems like a non event to me and I get to have one next Teusday.

A lot of cardiologists do not want to use Lexiscan and you can guess the reason.....cost.

Houston Cardiovascular associates does use Lexiscan. That is Dr David Samuels group.
Frank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2013, 06:33 AM   #10
bubbas kenner
Gods blessings surround us.

bubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Piratebubbas kenner has been promoted to Pirate
Thats good news Doyle, I pray your results are just fine.have you talked to Pooch any.
bubbas kenner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message