Moths flying up from yard yesterday when mowing - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > TTMB > TTMB
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-28-2018, 06:42 AM   #1
71 Fish
Registered Users-pm+

71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate
Moths flying up from yard yesterday when mowing

Is this the time of year for sod web worms in the moth stage? I had moths flying up everywhere yesterday, mostly while weed eating but they seem to be in my entire yard. My yard actually looks pretty good, no brown spots or dying areas. Pretty sure they were not there last time I mowed (maybe 2 weeks ago).

Is it too late to treat now?
What is a good product to use?
71 Fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2018, 06:45 AM   #2
bigfishtx
Registered Users-pm+

bigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Pirate
Probably webworms. What color were the moths?
You can spray your yard with seven to kill them.
Go out early in the morning and see if there are catarpillars on the leaves. Once the sun is up they tend to hide at ground level.
bigfishtx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2018, 06:47 AM   #3
71 Fish
Registered Users-pm+

71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate71 Fish has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfishtx View Post
Probably webworms. What color were the moths?
You can spray your yard with seven to kill them.
Go out early in the morning and see if there are catarpillars on the leaves. Once the sun is up they tend to hide at ground level.
Didn't try to catch any but they seemed to be the typical white to off gray or tan color moths.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2018, 07:49 AM   #4
fishingcacher
Registered Users-pm+

fishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Piratefishingcacher has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by 71 Fish View Post
Didn't try to catch any but they seemed to be the typical white to off gray or tan color moths.
Sounds like sod worm moths.
fishingcacher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2018, 08:04 AM   #5
Woodlands Water Turkey
Registered Users-pm+

Woodlands Water Turkey has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Woodlands Water Turkey has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Woodlands Water Turkey has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Woodlands Water Turkey has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Woodlands Water Turkey has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Woodlands Water Turkey has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Woodlands Water Turkey has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Woodlands Water Turkey has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Woodlands Water Turkey has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Woodlands Water Turkey has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)Woodlands Water Turkey has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Yes on sod web worms. Triazamine or other sprays will kill them. Make take more than one application.

Check out Randy Lemmons website for more info and treatment schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Woodlands Water Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2018, 08:39 AM   #6
jetcycles
just another FNG!!!

jetcycles has been promoted to Piratejetcycles has been promoted to Piratejetcycles has been promoted to Piratejetcycles has been promoted to Piratejetcycles has been promoted to Piratejetcycles has been promoted to Piratejetcycles has been promoted to Piratejetcycles has been promoted to Piratejetcycles has been promoted to Piratejetcycles has been promoted to Piratejetcycles has been promoted to Pirate
Agree that it is likely sod web worms, and I support spraying at least twice.
jetcycles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2018, 09:30 AM   #7
Jaysand247
Registered Users-pm+

Jaysand247 has been promoted to PirateJaysand247 has been promoted to PirateJaysand247 has been promoted to PirateJaysand247 has been promoted to PirateJaysand247 has been promoted to PirateJaysand247 has been promoted to PirateJaysand247 has been promoted to PirateJaysand247 has been promoted to PirateJaysand247 has been promoted to PirateJaysand247 has been promoted to PirateJaysand247 has been promoted to Pirate
Army worms mowed down my Bermuda in the yard a couple weeks ago. Their moths are also white/cream colored . I usually use seven spray but triazamine should kill either kind.
Jaysand247 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2018, 10:28 AM   #8
71 Fish
Registered Users-pm+

Thanks. I treated for them once before and remember that it took 2 applications. I remember having the option of spraying but went with granular for some reason. Seems spraying might be more effective, any thoughts?
Old 09-28-2018, 10:50 AM   #9
Muddskipper
fish control my brain

Muddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to Pirate
You have to break the egg cycle - but I have not seen a serious issue in your area....

This year with all the rain the grass is literally out growing what they could eat .....

Be sure you are getting down and seeing the worms.....it could of been some other types of moths ...

I'm in Zip code 77092 .... We have not seen this amount of rain in the fall the past two falls ....

I did a treatment of the organic pellets but every rain washes that stuff away---- including the spray

That's why I feel its a waste of money and effort ....

Just spend the money on a good organic fertilizer and put it out heavy .... it slow release will literally keep your grass green longer than anyone else

And be ready to mow every 5-7 days
Muddskipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2018, 08:01 PM   #10
MichaelW
Registered Users-pm+

MichaelW has been promoted to PirateMichaelW has been promoted to PirateMichaelW has been promoted to PirateMichaelW has been promoted to PirateMichaelW has been promoted to PirateMichaelW has been promoted to PirateMichaelW has been promoted to PirateMichaelW has been promoted to PirateMichaelW has been promoted to PirateMichaelW has been promoted to PirateMichaelW has been promoted to Pirate
Are you sure they are not Snouts. We have them hatching out by the millions right now around San Antonio.
MichaelW is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message