Veterans ID Card from the VA - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Support our troops
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2017, 03:48 PM   #1
rockportfulton
Registered Users-pm+

rockportfulton has been promoted to Piraterockportfulton has been promoted to Piraterockportfulton has been promoted to Piraterockportfulton has been promoted to Piraterockportfulton has been promoted to Piraterockportfulton has been promoted to Piraterockportfulton has been promoted to Piraterockportfulton has been promoted to Piraterockportfulton has been promoted to Piraterockportfulton has been promoted to Piraterockportfulton has been promoted to Pirate
Veterans ID Card from the VA

don't know how they will get the photo if there's to be one on the card - -

just got this update today:

VA To Issue Photo ID Cards To Veterans Starting In November

The Department of Veterans Affairs will issue photo IDs to any honorably discharged veteran beginning next month.

The VA identification card will make it easier for veterans to show proof of service for discounts at private restaurants and businesses. There will be no fee to veterans.

The card is different from a Veteran Health Identification card or a DoD Uniformed Services or retiree ID Card.

VA identification cards can't be used as proof of eligibility for
federal benefits and doesn't grant access to military installations.

Veterans will be able to apply for the card through the VA's website.
rockportfulton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2017, 04:05 PM   #2
1528mac
Sharing is Careing

1528mac has been promoted to Pirate1528mac has been promoted to Pirate1528mac has been promoted to Pirate1528mac has been promoted to Pirate1528mac has been promoted to Pirate1528mac has been promoted to Pirate1528mac has been promoted to Pirate1528mac has been promoted to Pirate1528mac has been promoted to Pirate1528mac has been promoted to Pirate1528mac has been promoted to Pirate
Sounds good, except I'm a lot older, but aren't we all. Hey, since we're talking about vets...when is Trump going to open the PX and commissary to us. Sounds like he could do that with an executive order.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Tapatalk
1528mac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2017, 11:42 PM   #3
notthatdeep
Registered Users-pm+

notthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1528mac View Post
Sounds good, except I'm a lot older, but aren't we all. Hey, since we're talking about vets...when is Trump going to open the PX and commissary to us. Sounds like he could do that with an executive order.

The online PX opens to verified vets on this Veterans Day, November 11. click link http://www.shopmyexchange.com/veterans
notthatdeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2017, 01:41 PM   #4
TheKodiak
Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast...

TheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1528mac View Post

Which Vets are not able to access the PX/Commissary, Vets without VA?
TheKodiak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2017, 10:21 PM   #5
notthatdeep
Registered Users-pm+

notthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Piratenotthatdeep has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKodiak View Post
Which Vets are not able to access the PX/Commissary, Vets without VA?
I think I read that it is only honorable discharged vets but may be wrong since i don't remember the source. The main requirement is to get your status verified. This link tells you how: http://www.shopmyexchange.com/veterans

i have been using it for a few weeks as a beta user and it seems like a good resource, good prices and tax free.
notthatdeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2017, 09:26 AM   #6
Gcp1185
Registered Users-pm+

Gcp1185 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerGcp1185 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerGcp1185 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerGcp1185 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerGcp1185 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerGcp1185 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerGcp1185 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerGcp1185 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerGcp1185 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerGcp1185 has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerGcp1185 has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I didn't know about this. Thank you for posting it.
Gcp1185 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2017, 12:57 PM   #7
TheKodiak

TheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerTheKodiak has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:
Originally Posted by notthatdeep View Post
I think I read that it is only honorable discharged vets but may be wrong since i don't remember the source. The main requirement is to get your status verified. This link tells you how: http://www.shopmyexchange.com/veterans

i have been using it for a few weeks as a beta user and it seems like a good resource, good prices and tax free.
Ohhhh. My fault, the online exchange. Ok, I miss understood. I though we were talking about actually visiting the PX/NX/BX. I havn't tried ordering online yet. We usually (rare occasions) take the ninety minute drive to the NX, but in the end, we break even when ordering from Prime. Now the Star card is something I miss, you just can't beat the interest rate.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:21 PM   #8
texacajun
The Republic of Texas

texacajun has been promoted to Piratetexacajun has been promoted to Piratetexacajun has been promoted to Piratetexacajun has been promoted to Piratetexacajun has been promoted to Piratetexacajun has been promoted to Piratetexacajun has been promoted to Piratetexacajun has been promoted to Piratetexacajun has been promoted to Piratetexacajun has been promoted to Piratetexacajun has been promoted to Pirate
I couldn't find where to apply on the VA Website. In fact it took me straight the VHIC. I've always wanted some sort of ID to prove my service to receive discounts other than "Veteran" being written on my CHL.

I'll keep looking, but I couldn't find where to apply for it.
texacajun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2017, 11:45 AM   #9
TheKodiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by texacajun View Post
I couldn't find where to apply on the VA Website. In fact it took me straight the VHIC. I've always wanted some sort of ID to prove my service to receive discounts other than "Veteran" being written on my CHL.

I'll keep looking, but I couldn't find where to apply for it.
Are you currently registered with the VA, or have a VA ID card? Lastly, if you or anyone has a service connected disability rating of 100%, you qualify for base access. Which includes the MWR, PX/NX/BX, and the commissary.
Old 11-21-2017, 04:18 PM   #10
jebber
Who's a good boy?!

jebber has been promoted to Piratejebber has been promoted to Piratejebber has been promoted to Piratejebber has been promoted to Piratejebber has been promoted to Piratejebber has been promoted to Piratejebber has been promoted to Piratejebber has been promoted to Piratejebber has been promoted to Piratejebber has been promoted to Piratejebber has been promoted to Pirate
Just in case someone doesn't know - you can get 'Veteran' on your drivers license & chl. Copy of your DD214 is needed.

Had it for years, never looked/for asked for discounts. Nov. 10 I was in Academy buying some ammo & stuff - sign says discount for military/veteran. Showed my DL and got the discount.
Got home and proudly told the wife I got a discount at Academy today.
"Senior discount?"

took the wind right out of my sails....
jebber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message