bow reel?? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > Fresh water forums > Bow Fishing Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2008, 01:03 AM   #1
zr2offroad
Registered Users-pm+

zr2offroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateerzr2offroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateerzr2offroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateerzr2offroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateerzr2offroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateerzr2offroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateerzr2offroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateerzr2offroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateerzr2offroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateerzr2offroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateerzr2offroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Cheers bow reel??

i am fairly new to bow fishing and i am wondering what type of reel i should get. i have a 75 acre lake in my backyard in seabrook and i tried out bow fishing for the first time.. i shot five gar and a talapia...not bad for a newbie...i dont have a reel so i just shot them with a crapy broadhead and grabbed them... any info on a reel set up...are the ones at academy any good??? thanks guys..
Attached Images

zr2offroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2008, 01:35 AM   #2
StevePage

StevePage has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieStevePage has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieStevePage has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieStevePage has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieStevePage has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieStevePage has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieStevePage has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieStevePage has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieStevePage has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieStevePage has been promoted to the rank of SwabbieStevePage has been promoted to the rank of Swabbie
I've seen alot with an old zebco 808 on them.
StevePage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2008, 11:28 AM   #3
offthehook
san antonio

offthehook has been promoted to Pirateoffthehook has been promoted to Pirateoffthehook has been promoted to Pirateoffthehook has been promoted to Pirateoffthehook has been promoted to Pirateoffthehook has been promoted to Pirateoffthehook has been promoted to Pirateoffthehook has been promoted to Pirateoffthehook has been promoted to Pirateoffthehook has been promoted to Pirateoffthehook has been promoted to Pirate
zebco 808 or 888 will be fine choice to stick whatever you want.pick up at walmart or academy
offthehook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2008, 01:51 PM   #4
texas two guns
Just plain old bowfisherman

texas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Pirate
AMS Retriever are good and safe.
Zebco are fine spincasters, but need to be rigged safely.
A Thumpertized (http://thumpercustomreels.com/) is even
better, but still needs to be rigged safely.
PM me and I'll explain it all to you.
texas two guns is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2008, 03:33 PM   #5
rodwade
Registered Users-pm+

rodwade has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerrodwade has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerrodwade has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerrodwade has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerrodwade has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerrodwade has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerrodwade has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerrodwade has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerrodwade has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerrodwade has been promoted to the rank of Gunnerrodwade has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
get a retriever. To me it's the safest way to go. I've had too many close calls with cheap zebco's not releasing the line or it getting tangled on a spin caster. My retriever was the best $70 I spent. I got mine at Bass Pro in San Antonio.
rodwade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2008, 01:39 PM   #6
texas two guns

texas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Piratetexas two guns has been promoted to Pirate
Good luck finding one for that price now. The new retrievers are called AMS Pro Retriever and are about $20 more for base model.
Like I said the spin cast reels are fine if rigged right. There are several
methods of rigging them to be safe, so I can't explain them all here.
PM me and I'll tell you your best option for the gear you have.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:37 PM   #7
bowfishrp
Another hated bowfisherman

bowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Pirate
Yep those retrievers are good but the new ones are more expensive. When I am not chasing large gator gar I use a Muzzy closed face reel or a zebco. Synergy makes one but I dont really like it. Sullys sells a lot of reels and might have some of the older retrievers is you are interested. Remember with a spinner you will need some type of mount, with a retriever it mounts to the sight holes.

Oh and one more thing, DO NOT TIE your line to the BACK OF THE ARROW! Use AMS slides, they are the best. I have been using them for years and have never had one break or ever lost an arrow because of the slides.

http://www.sullysbowfishing.com/main...Category=Reels
bowfishrp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2008, 01:09 PM   #8
texas two guns

Rings are better!
http://www.backwaterbowfishing.com/o...t_detail&p=129
Old 03-26-2008, 02:25 PM   #9
bowfishrp
Another hated bowfisherman

bowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Piratebowfishrp has been promoted to Pirate
You loser...rings are no good.
bowfishrp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2008, 03:56 PM   #10
CoastalOutfitters
sea monkey rancher

CoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to PirateCoastalOutfitters has been promoted to Pirate
never been too crazy about those zebco style rigs , if they dont release, you can take a bad arrow whiplash ..

i have an old bear hand spool rig on a recurve that works ok, but for big fish we use a boat bumper with a rubber band keeper .
CoastalOutfitters is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message