Titan XD Diesel - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Trucks/Towing/Trailering Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2017, 01:44 PM   #1
Spyder
Registered Users-pm+

Spyder is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Titan XD Diesel

I can get a Titan XD 4x4 Diesel for less driveout than any other half ton 4x4 gas truck out there. I dont do as much towing as I used to but might get a travel trailer in the future. What are y'alls thoughts on this truck?
Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2017, 03:01 PM   #2
Friendswoodmatt
All work n no play

Friendswoodmatt has been promoted to PirateFriendswoodmatt has been promoted to PirateFriendswoodmatt has been promoted to PirateFriendswoodmatt has been promoted to PirateFriendswoodmatt has been promoted to PirateFriendswoodmatt has been promoted to PirateFriendswoodmatt has been promoted to PirateFriendswoodmatt has been promoted to PirateFriendswoodmatt has been promoted to PirateFriendswoodmatt has been promoted to PirateFriendswoodmatt has been promoted to Pirate
good looking truck but havent ridden in one - i did speak to an owner and siad he loved it and was getting over 20mpg
Friendswoodmatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2017, 03:14 PM   #3
TheGoose
Registered Users-pm+

TheGoose has been promoted to PirateTheGoose has been promoted to PirateTheGoose has been promoted to PirateTheGoose has been promoted to PirateTheGoose has been promoted to PirateTheGoose has been promoted to PirateTheGoose has been promoted to PirateTheGoose has been promoted to PirateTheGoose has been promoted to PirateTheGoose has been promoted to PirateTheGoose has been promoted to Pirate
Capable truck. It's on the upper-end of what any gas 1500 series truck can tow but a little less than a typical 2500. I really like the power plant but most people say that the mileage is not as good as a typical diesel power plant. They call it an XD or heavy half. I believe they have a 100K mile warranty as well. My B-I-L has one and likes it.

How much $$$ are they talking?
TheGoose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2017, 10:10 AM   #4
Charlie in TX
Registered Users-pm+

Charlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to PirateCharlie in TX has been promoted to Pirate
I'm seeing Pro-4x for $45k and Platinum for $52k.

I don't really like the looks but to save that kind of money, I can deal with it.
Charlie in TX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2017, 11:49 AM   #5
TheGoose
Registered Users-pm+

TheGoose has been promoted to PirateTheGoose has been promoted to PirateTheGoose has been promoted to PirateTheGoose has been promoted to PirateTheGoose has been promoted to PirateTheGoose has been promoted to PirateTheGoose has been promoted to PirateTheGoose has been promoted to PirateTheGoose has been promoted to PirateTheGoose has been promoted to PirateTheGoose has been promoted to Pirate
$45-52K is about what I saw for the avg 4x4 gas truck when I was shopping last year.
TheGoose is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2017, 12:49 PM   #6
JamesAggie
Registered Users-pm+

JamesAggie has been promoted to PirateJamesAggie has been promoted to PirateJamesAggie has been promoted to PirateJamesAggie has been promoted to PirateJamesAggie has been promoted to PirateJamesAggie has been promoted to PirateJamesAggie has been promoted to PirateJamesAggie has been promoted to PirateJamesAggie has been promoted to PirateJamesAggie has been promoted to PirateJamesAggie has been promoted to Pirate
It's amazing how much truck prices have gone up. I got my f350 platinum for $53k in October 2013.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
JamesAggie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2017, 01:24 PM   #7
chief1008
Registered Users-pm+

chief1008 has been promoted to Piratechief1008 has been promoted to Piratechief1008 has been promoted to Piratechief1008 has been promoted to Piratechief1008 has been promoted to Piratechief1008 has been promoted to Piratechief1008 has been promoted to Piratechief1008 has been promoted to Piratechief1008 has been promoted to Piratechief1008 has been promoted to Piratechief1008 has been promoted to Pirate
As near as I can tell I have one of the only XD Pro-4X with a GAS engine in the free world.....so I can't comment on the dsl eng but I will say that I have had the gasser Pro-4X XD for almost a year and love it. Terrific leather interior with lots of rear seat leg room and 6' 6'' bed. 18" wheels (better tire selection) and matching spare tire and wheel. 4WD with locker rear diff, goose neck hitch factory install, bed rail package, LED bed and cargo lights, trailer brake controller with trailer light test with key remote, stiff but very quiet ride, very solid tow with 26' tongue trailer. If the EPA ever dumps the emission BS intended to put dsl out of business I'll consider going back. I had three Ram dsl's and a Duramax all pre DEF and of course enjoyed the added power in the mountains, but the 5.6 Nissan eng pulls well (and gets the crappy mileage expected of a 350 cubic incher). One data point that isn't often mentioned about the DSL XD is that the Aison transmission is the same Chrysler uses in the RAM 3500 so probably pretty capable behind the Cummins. The 5 year 100k warranty was a big factor when I was comparing brands. Some may not like the look of the Titan (does kinda look like a ford) but it looks darn good from the inside. Good luck.
chief1008 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2017, 04:03 PM   #8
Snaggletoothfrecklefish
Twitch Twitch....Thump

Snaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to PirateSnaggletoothfrecklefish has been promoted to Pirate
I stopped to take a look at one about a month ago when I was truck shopping and the ones I saw were over $60k. Deterred me pretty quick.
Snaggletoothfrecklefish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2017, 05:04 PM   #9
livinadream
Registered Users-pm+

livinadream has been promoted to Piratelivinadream has been promoted to Piratelivinadream has been promoted to Piratelivinadream has been promoted to Piratelivinadream has been promoted to Piratelivinadream has been promoted to Piratelivinadream has been promoted to Piratelivinadream has been promoted to Piratelivinadream has been promoted to Piratelivinadream has been promoted to Piratelivinadream has been promoted to Pirate
I don't own one, but had a guy do some dozer work for me last week with one. He pulled a JD650 70 mph, 96 miles and burned 1/4 of a tank. I followed him, saw this with my own eyes. I crawled under his truck when we got there and everything under it is beefier than my truck (2008 3/4 ton Duramax). His tow rating is 3k more than my truck. I wouldn't hook up to the load he pulled with my truck, at least not to hual that far. I'll be looking at them hard when it's time for a new one. I was VERY impressed with his truck.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
livinadream is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2017, 07:21 PM   #10
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by livinadream View Post
I don't own one, but had a guy do some dozer work for me last week with one. He pulled a JD650 70 mph, 96 miles and burned 1/4 of a tank. I followed him, saw this with my own eyes. I crawled under his truck when we got there and everything under it is beefier than my truck (2008 3/4 ton Duramax). His tow rating is 3k more than my truck. I wouldn't hook up to the load he pulled with my truck, at least not to hual that far. I'll be looking at them hard when it's time for a new one. I was VERY impressed with his truck.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Not saying you are wrong or anything, but if a half ton truck with a smaller/less power diesel can haul that, I'd hook right up to it and go down the road.. (same truck as yours, 2006.)
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message