2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

Bimini top rail mounts

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Ditto2 
#1 ·
I have a 22’ bluewave Classic with the full length gunnel rails I want to put a Bimini top on it but due to the rails can’t attach it to the gunnel tops. What’s the best mounts to use to attach to the rails?
Automotive tire Hood Boat Motor vehicle Naval architecture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
I have a 22’ bluewave Classic with the full length gunnel rails I want to put a Bimini top on it but due to the rails can’t attach it to the gunnel tops. What’s the best mounts to use to attach to the rails?
View attachment 4426011

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don’t mount to the rails, just drill some pilot holes into the sides and use SS screws through the sides. Here are a couple pictures of mine that were installed by the dealer when I bought the boat new in 1992. No problems 27 years later. Position the mounts for best place when folded down because that’s where the Bimini top will spend most of its time.

Picture shows my VHF antennae folded down laying on the Bimini top mount and rod in a horizontal rod mount similar to yours. The white is my garage wall, Shiny silver at top is my SS side rail.

Here’s a picture from the outside looking up

#4 ·
I would prefer to be able to slide it ... last boat I had with a bimini it had about a 1'track installed so the top could be moved front or back helped a lot when opening hatches etc while the top was down. I noticed those on Amazon and they would fit on the 1" railing but was worried about them twisting on the rail. Worse case I'll mount it like pictured above but rather not drill holes in the boat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.