Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > DIY (Do it yourself) forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2019, 02:21 PM   #1
Slab Daddy
Registered Users-pm+

Slab Daddy is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Repainting at 18 ft Alumacraft Aluminium boat

I was looking at repainting my 18 Alumacraft boat and was wondering if anyone had done this before. how much would it cost if you had a Co do it and who does this ? I painted it a few years ago and just rolled it. didnt prime it or prep it.the paint is starting to come off now.you can start to see the old paint again. it was green. I would like to paint it a different color now. I have access to to paint shop for refabe oil field equipment with a sand blaster. should I totally strip it down to the bare Aluminium and then prime it first? has anyone done this them selfs. I know it want be cheep to have someone else do it. let me know. also, any recenmendations on a paint and Co to get it from. Thanks
Slab Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2019, 09:13 PM   #2
MLBB
Registered Users-pm+

MLBB has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)MLBB has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)MLBB has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)MLBB has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)MLBB has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)MLBB has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)MLBB has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)MLBB has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)MLBB has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)MLBB has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)MLBB has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
I painted one with a gallon can of rustoleum battle ship grey enamel and a cheap harbor freight spry gun. Looked good for years before I sold it.
MLBB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2019, 09:23 AM   #3
redduck
Registered Users-pm+

redduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirateredduck has been promoted to Pirate
The key is making sure all areas are sanded very good. Painting over loose paint or chipped paint will not last long.
redduck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2019, 05:46 PM   #4
Wordsaw
Registered Users-pm+

Wordsaw has been promoted to PirateWordsaw has been promoted to PirateWordsaw has been promoted to PirateWordsaw has been promoted to PirateWordsaw has been promoted to PirateWordsaw has been promoted to PirateWordsaw has been promoted to PirateWordsaw has been promoted to PirateWordsaw has been promoted to PirateWordsaw has been promoted to PirateWordsaw has been promoted to Pirate
I painted an aluminum jon boat a few years back with Krylon hammered texture spray paint. Looked great when I was done.
Wordsaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2019, 02:58 PM   #5
cbluewater
Registered Users-pm+

cbluewater is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Just did a complete restoration on an aluminum Polar Kraft. We used Zep degreaser ( concentrated @ Home Depot ) to clean and remove the soft paint and pressure washed. It not only lifted the paint like paint remover, but cleans and etches the aluminum. Ours had heavy scratches on bottom, so we used epoxy primer, sanded again, sealer primer, then painted with an industrial urethane paint with hardener. Looks close to automotive paint finish with some orange peel, since it is a heavier build for wear ability.
cbluewater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message