Gelcoat or Safefloor ?? - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2021, 03:28 PM   #1
Revelation
Registered Users-pm+

Revelation has been promoted to PirateRevelation has been promoted to PirateRevelation has been promoted to PirateRevelation has been promoted to PirateRevelation has been promoted to PirateRevelation has been promoted to PirateRevelation has been promoted to PirateRevelation has been promoted to PirateRevelation has been promoted to PirateRevelation has been promoted to PirateRevelation has been promoted to Pirate
Smile Gelcoat or Safefloor ??

Time to resurface the old boat deck !!
Price being the same -which would you do - re-gelcoat or safe floor ??

Is either better for resale ??

If you were going to buy a used boat would you rather see new gelcoat or safefloor ?

Thanks !!!!
Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2021, 03:32 PM   #2
C.Hern5972
Twitch..Twitch--->Boom

C.Hern5972 has been promoted to PirateC.Hern5972 has been promoted to PirateC.Hern5972 has been promoted to PirateC.Hern5972 has been promoted to PirateC.Hern5972 has been promoted to PirateC.Hern5972 has been promoted to PirateC.Hern5972 has been promoted to PirateC.Hern5972 has been promoted to PirateC.Hern5972 has been promoted to PirateC.Hern5972 has been promoted to PirateC.Hern5972 has been promoted to Pirate
Some people love it. I did not like it the few times I've been on a friends boat with safe floor. Yes I'm sure its great and maybe its changed in the last few years but to me it was tough on the feet barefooted after a few hours.

I prefer a gel coat and seadeck helm pad. much more comfortable to me. Just my opinion
C.Hern5972 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2021, 05:50 PM   #3
Salty Dog
Registered Users-pm+

Salty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to Pirate
I love Safe Floor. It looks great and stays looking good even when it is dirty. It'ss easy to clean and is totally non slip. It is also very durable. It's good stuff. Another positive is that it can be repaired easily if you ever need that.

To me it is an easy decision. I've never regretted putting it in my boat and my new boat is going straight to get Safe Floor put in as soon as I get it. I'd put it in long before I spent money on new gel coat for a worn deck.
Salty Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2021, 06:19 PM   #4
atcfisherman
Saved by the Grace of God

atcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirate
I've had Safe Floor in two of my boats and I loved it. However, they are expensive and won't give a quote over the phone even on boats they have done. They want to get you in there so you will commit. There is a place in Austin that is doing it now for much less and the quality is very good. There is a place in Beach City too, but you would need to call Roberto at Performance Outboard Marine in Baytown to get the info.
atcfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2021, 01:37 AM   #5
Salty Dog
Registered Users-pm+

Salty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to PirateSalty Dog has been promoted to Pirate
Brandon will tell you the price per square foot and you can figure it out from there to get close. I want to say it's about 15 bucks per sq ft from memory but that may be totally wrong. If you can figure the sq ft of your hull that would get you pretty close.

Call Brandon and talk to him, see what he says. He stands behind his product and service. Brandon has always done me right in all of our dealings which go far beyond just having flooring installed. He did tons of repair and refinishing work for me on my last boat in addition to installing flooring.
Salty Dog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2021, 11:28 AM   #6
Hooked
Registered Users-pm+

Hooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to PirateHooked has been promoted to Pirate
What SaltyDog said. Brandon and Ed are good people.

Also, I doubt any other shops are installing SafeFloor unless they are now setting up contracts for others to use their products.
Hooked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2021, 12:03 PM   #7
SSST
Registered Users-pm+

SSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to PirateSSST has been promoted to Pirate
Gel coat for me, but whatever floats your boat.
SSST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2021, 12:20 PM   #8
atcfisherman

atcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirateatcfisherman has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
Brandon will tell you the price per square foot and you can figure it out from there to get close. I want to say it's about 15 bucks per sq ft from memory but that may be totally wrong. If you can figure the sq ft of your hull that would get you pretty close.

Call Brandon and talk to him, see what he says. He stands behind his product and service. Brandon has always done me right in all of our dealings which go far beyond just having flooring installed. He did tons of repair and refinishing work for me on my last boat in addition to installing flooring.
Well, the first Kenner 21' I had done they said they had to see it and would not give me a quote over the phone. A few years later I purchased another Kenner 21 after selling the first one and I called them. Again, they said they had to see the boat. I said its the same dimensions boat they did for me about 2 years prior. They said they still needed to see it to give me a quote.

Maybe they have changed but they did this to me twice.
Old 01-21-2021, 12:37 PM   #9
atcfisherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
What SaltyDog said. Brandon and Ed are good people.

Also, I doubt any other shops are installing SafeFloor unless they are now setting up contracts for others to use their products.
Actually there are three that I know of. The epoxy resin type used is the key. Being a chemist myself, I've played around with it and getting the correct blend is key, which isn't hard. I've got samples I've tried and are holding up for the past few years.

They have a proprietary patent on "their" blend, but any chemist knows marine epoxies, casting resins, polyester resins, etc can be blended to the desired amounts for achieving the flexibility and rigidity needed.

Here is a place in Austin that isn't afiliated with Safe Floor and I've seen their products and they are good. Plus they give quotes over the phone for about $12/ft,

https://texasfloorskinz.com/

Lastly, this application has been used for years in playgrounds, patios, and other places. Just use the correct epoxy/resins.

I'm not knocking Safe Floor, just explaining my experiences. Their product is very good. Safe Floor did treat me courteously and did the jobs within a reasonable time. Again, I'm just explaining what my experiences were.
Old 01-21-2021, 01:41 PM   #10
dk2429
Jeremiah 29:11

dk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Piratedk2429 has been promoted to Pirate
My best friend since elementary school works at Safefloor. When you go ask for Justin to be the installer
dk2429 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message