Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2021, 11:00 PM   #1
MoDaddy
Registered Users-pm+

MoDaddy is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Need opinion on Pathfinder 2200 TRS

I am looking at buying a 20-23 CC bay boat and have looked at Key west and Sea hunts. I came across a 2015 Pathfinder 2200 TRS which has caught my attention. I know all the good things about them but I really really want to know why I shouldn’t get a PF. Any concerns of thoughts? What I want to make sure the ride on chop is good and anything else I wouldn’t know. Thanks in advance.
MoDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2021, 11:12 PM   #2
Davidsel47
Registered Users-pm+

Davidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to Pirate
I have always wondered why the used Pathfinders were still pretty high dollar. They must be pretty amazing boats, I have never seen a cheap used one.
Davidsel47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2021, 11:22 PM   #3
Jkmoore03
Registered Users-pm+

Jkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to Pirate
Pathfinders are great boats. Unless you’re wanting to fish really skinny they’ll do anything you need. They draft about a foot and need 18-24” (depending on load) to get up.

If it was up to my wife we would have a pathfinder or similar boat instead of my flats boat. Great fishing boat and family friendly.
Jkmoore03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2021, 12:49 AM   #4
Davidsel47
Registered Users-pm+

Davidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkmoore03 View Post
Pathfinders are great boats. Unless you’re wanting to fish really skinny they’ll do anything you need. They draft about a foot and need 18-24” (depending on load) to get up.

If it was up to my wife we would have a pathfinder or similar boat instead of my flats boat. Great fishing boat and family friendly.
Im going to make a point of riding on one to see how nice they run. I see them 20 years old still selling for close to $40k
Davidsel47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2021, 07:20 AM   #5
Jerry713
Registered Users-pm+

Jerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to Pirate
I had a 2006 24' Pathfinder. They're solid boats. No where close to a flats boat but the ride through the chop is good. I'm sure the 22 is just as good.

The resale is crazy. That Pathfinder new was $37k for the boat new in 06. I saw the same boat (different but same year boat, motor, t-top, etc.) last year for $35K
Jerry713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2021, 09:26 AM   #6
TxMav
Registered Users-pm+

TxMav has been promoted to PirateTxMav has been promoted to PirateTxMav has been promoted to PirateTxMav has been promoted to PirateTxMav has been promoted to PirateTxMav has been promoted to PirateTxMav has been promoted to PirateTxMav has been promoted to PirateTxMav has been promoted to PirateTxMav has been promoted to PirateTxMav has been promoted to Pirate
I had a 2001 2200V with a 150 TRP. It was a very good, solid boat. Handled the chop and had a good hole shot with the TRP. I believe the older models were lighter than the newer TRS's. (according to a friend who has a TRS). I rode in a 2016 TRS with a 200 HP and it rode very nice (like it was heavier), great in the chop. Quality fit and finish inside and good storage. I would not get anything less than 200 HP though. I do miss my 2001.
They aren't the skinniest running boats but skinny enough for me. Of the boats you're considering, my pick would be the PF. I can't think of a reason not to. The seahunt may ride a little better but pretty sure it's a deeper draft.
TxMav is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2021, 08:49 PM   #7
doktrred
Registered Users-pm+

doktrred is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Hopefully they've solved the wet feet syndrome common on older boats. it's the only minor inconvenience on my '99 PF 2200V. The older boats have deck drains with no valve vs. scuppers, and under certain conditions can get your feet wet for a while. They are well built, and handle choppy conditions comfortably. Can't say there aren't better built boats out there, but doubt you'll be disappointed either
doktrred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2021, 09:13 PM   #8
brbjr
Registered Users-pm+

brbjr is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I have a 2009 2200 xl for sale with a yamaha series ii 250 hp. It is a great boat to fish Galveston bay, the ride is incredible and with the trim tabs it will eat up chop. I am selling it because I decided to buy a transport baby cat to fish the marsh.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
brbjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message