Haynie Magnum vs Parker Big Bay vs Shallowsport X3 vs Dargel Cat - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2021, 07:36 AM   #11
loco4fishn
Registered Users-pm+

loco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirateloco4fishn has been promoted to Pirate
Bounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrem View Post
Who has ever said that?
I don’t know. Some fishing guide I believe. He never catches any fish though. Lol
loco4fishn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2021, 07:51 AM   #12
Sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

Sgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Lol
Sgrem is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2021, 08:53 AM   #13
Capt_Gilligan
Trust me, I'm a professional.

Capt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to Pirate
Magnum is a no frills fishing machine that rides really good. Fit and finish is not impressive.

X3 is huge for fishing room. It’s slow, wet and doesn’t ride great. Does not float any shallower than my magnum. Have set the side by side. Fit and finish is great. They’re slow and heavy.

Parker is like the magnum with a better fit and finish but slower.

Dargel is faster than the X3, rides better and way less money.

My vote goes to the Haynie for functionality and ride. If buying new, hammer em on the fit, finish and rigging when you buy it.
Capt_Gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2021, 09:23 AM   #14
fishme3443
Registered Users-pm+

fishme3443 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
When did Parker stop making the Big Bay 23T?
fishme3443 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2021, 07:22 AM   #15
bigfishtx
Registered Users-pm+

bigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Piratebigfishtx has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson Guide Service View Post
I have and a Dargel floats shallower than a magnum. Not sure about the x3.
Not even close. That Magnum drafts more with the motor trimmed up than the other two with motors down.
bigfishtx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2021, 10:32 AM   #16
Big Bay
Registered Users-pm+

Big Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishme3443 View Post
When did Parker stop making the Big Bay 23T?

A couple years ago. Great boats that do everything well. Float and run in 12” smooth and dry. Takes 18” to get up not fast but roomy and comfortable. Plenty of storage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Bay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2021, 02:15 PM   #17
Aggieross05
Registered Users-pm+

Aggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to PirateAggieross05 has been promoted to Pirate
If you go with the cat hull, I would strongly suggest the dargel over the x3. Faster and rides great. It also drafts less than a magnum. I think that is more important when you dont wade so you can get up on the flats when the fish are shallower. If you do go with the dargel make sure you get trim tabs...changes everything on jumping on plane in shallow water (more than any other boat I have seen)

Magnum would be my second choice in that group. Great fishing Machine

Happy Shopping
Aggieross05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2021, 06:04 PM   #18
Capt_Gilligan
Trust me, I'm a professional.

Capt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfishtx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson Guide Service View Post
I have and a Dargel floats shallower than a magnum. Not sure about the x3.
Not even close. That Magnum drafts more with the motor trimmed up than the other two with motors down.
I’d say they’re pretty close depending on setup. My magnum is a butt heavy boat but still floats right at 11” with two people on the bow and motor up. Dargel isn’t gonna do much better and X3 isn’t going to do any better at all. X3 is not a shallow draft boat.
Capt_Gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2021, 06:32 PM   #19
paragod
Registered Users-pm+

paragod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spots and Dots View Post
What's a better boat for Galveston? Not looking to wade, just looking to have a comfortable ride and be able to slip on the flats to fish from the boat.

24 ft lake n bay!
paragod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2021, 06:33 PM   #20
Scott Hodge
Registered Users-pm+

Scott Hodge has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerScott Hodge has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerScott Hodge has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerScott Hodge has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerScott Hodge has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerScott Hodge has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerScott Hodge has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerScott Hodge has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerScott Hodge has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerScott Hodge has been promoted to the rank of PrivateerScott Hodge has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
I have a Magnum 23’ with a 225 I can get up in 9” of water with 3 guys on board and have run in 5” up on plane. Great all around boat.
I also have had no problem running 60 miles offshore either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message