Keeping Bread Box Dry - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2021, 03:20 PM   #1
Jerry713
Registered Users-pm+

Jerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to Pirate
Keeping Bread Box Dry

Having issues keeping my bread box storage in front of the console somewhat dry on my Majek Illusion. I know it won't ever be waterproof but looking to keep most of the rain water out. Curious to hear from those who have battled this issue.
Jerry713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2021, 11:23 PM   #2
shallowaterhunter
Registered Users-pm+

shallowaterhunter has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)shallowaterhunter has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)shallowaterhunter has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)shallowaterhunter has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)shallowaterhunter has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)shallowaterhunter has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)shallowaterhunter has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)shallowaterhunter has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)shallowaterhunter has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)shallowaterhunter has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)shallowaterhunter has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Idea Bread Box

I have the same problem on my Shallow Sport. I will be following to see if anyone has any ideas that would help.
shallowaterhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2021, 08:20 AM   #3
habanerojooz
Who said that was spicy?

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
Keeping Bread Box Dry

Until you find a bread box solution, here’s what I did...

I had a SS and wanted something that would keep things dry and was easy to carry. A large waterproof roll top duffle bag is the ticket. Big enough to carry lots of stuff, easy to strap down on the deck, you can wash the salt off the exterior with a water hose, everything stays 100% dry inside all the time. They come in 3 sizes. I no longer have the SS but still use this bag as a boat bag.

https://www.amazon.com/Skog-Kust-Duf.../dp/B07XF9LPCZ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
habanerojooz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2021, 09:42 AM   #4
photofishin
Registered Users-pm+

photofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Piratephotofishin has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by habanerojooz View Post
Until you find a bread box solution, here’s what I did...

I had a SS and wanted something that would keep things dry and was easy to carry. A large waterproof roll top duffle bag is the ticket. Big enough to carry lots of stuff, easy to strap down on the deck, you can wash the salt off the exterior with a water hose, everything stays 100% dry inside all the time. They come in 3 sizes. I no longer have the SS but still use this bag as a boat bag.

https://www.amazon.com/Skog-Kust-Duf.../dp/B07XF9LPCZ

this is what I did with stuff I wanted to keep dry...like keys, cell phones, cameras etc.
photofishin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2021, 09:57 AM   #5
Jerry713
Registered Users-pm+

Jerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to Pirate
Yeah that's what I do now. I have a roll top dry bag similar to what habanerojooz uses only smaller and I have a plastic waterproof box. When I find dry boat storage it won't be much of an issue. Just hate to see rain pouring in there now while it's stored outside.
Old 01-07-2021, 10:55 AM   #6
habanerojooz
Who said that was spicy?

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate
Keeping Bread Box Dry

Understood. I have a breadbox in my front of my Haynie console. It sometimes lets water in from aggressive spray at the car wash. It isn’t much, but things stored inside soaked up the water and dampness remained longer than I wanted.

I addressed this by lining all of my storage boxes with plastic interlocking draining floor tiles. Moisture gets in but my stuff sits above the little water and stays dry. All of my boxes dry out quicker when things aren’t soaked all the time. Mold and mildew issues are reduced too.

habanerojooz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2021, 10:45 AM   #7
beefmaster
Registered Users-pm+

beefmaster has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbeefmaster has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbeefmaster has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbeefmaster has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbeefmaster has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbeefmaster has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbeefmaster has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbeefmaster has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbeefmaster has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbeefmaster has been promoted to the rank of Riggerbeefmaster has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
On my Illusion, I took some adhesive-backed weatherstripping (Home Depot 19/32" EPDM Cellular Rubber Auto and Marine Weatherstrip or similar) and applied it to the console behind the bread box door. Don't run it perfectly horizontally across the top. Instead, put a peak in the middle so it's shaped like a roof and water will run off either side, then run it vertically down each side. This won't make the box completely waterproof, but I've found that it does help, especially if you keep the bungees fairly tight that hold the lid closed.
beefmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2021, 01:29 PM   #8
Jerry713
Registered Users-pm+

I ordered this seal from Amazon https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just put it on and I can tell it's going to help. How much I don't know. Too cold to be spraying water right now.
Old 01-11-2021, 07:08 PM   #9
Gary J
Registered Users-pm+

Gary J has been promoted to PirateGary J has been promoted to PirateGary J has been promoted to PirateGary J has been promoted to PirateGary J has been promoted to PirateGary J has been promoted to PirateGary J has been promoted to PirateGary J has been promoted to PirateGary J has been promoted to PirateGary J has been promoted to PirateGary J has been promoted to Pirate
I bought a 2000 shallow sport last year and completely re-did the boat. Same problem with the breadbox in the front of the console. I had a lid made with a seal from Boat Outfitters and it solved the problem. Opens from the top down. Had the seat back made to have access to the latch. Below is the link, and the best picture I have of it.

https://www.boatoutfitters.com/alumi...at-access-door
Attached Images

Gary J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2021, 02:50 PM   #10
blackjack runner
Registered Users-pm+

blackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirateblackjack runner has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry713 View Post
I ordered this seal from Amazon https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just put it on and I can tell it's going to help. How much I don't know. Too cold to be spraying water right now.
Do this. It works.
blackjack runner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message