Saltwater Hull Scum - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2021, 11:19 AM   #11
pick44
Registered Users-pm+

pick44 has been promoted to Piratepick44 has been promoted to Piratepick44 has been promoted to Piratepick44 has been promoted to Piratepick44 has been promoted to Piratepick44 has been promoted to Piratepick44 has been promoted to Piratepick44 has been promoted to Piratepick44 has been promoted to Piratepick44 has been promoted to Piratepick44 has been promoted to Pirate
For those of you who used the Works and have this issue. I used Comet with bleach and Magic Eraser, water and it came off.
Hope they recall this so others don't have issues...
pick44 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2021, 11:54 AM   #12
longhornbubba
Registered Users-pm+

longhornbubba has been promoted to Piratelonghornbubba has been promoted to Piratelonghornbubba has been promoted to Piratelonghornbubba has been promoted to Piratelonghornbubba has been promoted to Piratelonghornbubba has been promoted to Piratelonghornbubba has been promoted to Piratelonghornbubba has been promoted to Piratelonghornbubba has been promoted to Piratelonghornbubba has been promoted to Piratelonghornbubba has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by pick44 View Post
Just talked to the manufacture rep. She said to "STOP USING IT ON TOILET BOWLS AND BOATS". She said they had to outsource the dye and antibacteria chemicals due to shortages. They are just now becoming aware of the problems of staining. I am sure they will have a recall or ???
For toilet bowls stains, she said to use CLR, or White Vinegar or White Comet Powder

She does not know if those products should be used on fiberglass boats. So, I ask her to get their chemical people to post something on the web ASAP about how to clean boat hulls with the dye issue.

I think they are in for some legal action. However, she said " The bottle clearly states...for toile bowl use only".
Legal action really it's for toilet bowls not boats so they have the use as directed to fall back on.
longhornbubba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2021, 02:23 PM   #13
pick44
Registered Users-pm+

pick44 has been promoted to Piratepick44 has been promoted to Piratepick44 has been promoted to Piratepick44 has been promoted to Piratepick44 has been promoted to Piratepick44 has been promoted to Piratepick44 has been promoted to Piratepick44 has been promoted to Piratepick44 has been promoted to Piratepick44 has been promoted to Piratepick44 has been promoted to Pirate
Legal action comment. I should have been more clear. Not legal action per se for boats. I was thinking about them not recalling product after it became known. The place we bought it at ( Ace Hardware) did not know about this and said they would check with company and if correct what I was told by company rep, they would pull it off all their shelves.

Thanks for comments and letting me explain more.
pick44 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2021, 07:43 PM   #14
fisheye48
Registered Users-pm+

fisheye48 has been promoted to Piratefisheye48 has been promoted to Piratefisheye48 has been promoted to Piratefisheye48 has been promoted to Piratefisheye48 has been promoted to Piratefisheye48 has been promoted to Piratefisheye48 has been promoted to Piratefisheye48 has been promoted to Piratefisheye48 has been promoted to Piratefisheye48 has been promoted to Piratefisheye48 has been promoted to Pirate
ive always used on-off hull cleaner. only problem is that you will need to wax after using it.
fisheye48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2021, 05:02 PM   #15
Totally Tuna
Registered Users-pm+

Totally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to PirateTotally Tuna has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye48 View Post
ive always used on-off hull cleaner. only problem is that you will need to wax after using it.
You need to wax after using the toilet bowl cleaner too. I am using one of the new SiO2 coatings. Pick your brand they are cheap. The Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions is as good as any and available at Walmart. If I get scum, and I do usually from the launch site, I am able to wash it completely off without anything harsh. Boat wash soap and a soft sponge or microfiber towel is all it takes.

I would never put abrasive cleaners on anything other than worn out non-skid surfaces, but always would follow up with some type of protective coating.
Totally Tuna is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2021, 11:55 AM   #16
cbluewater
Registered Users-pm+

cbluewater is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
We use both CLR or Sanivac for cleaning the mild brackish stains. Protect the galvanized trailer before using any acids and wash thoroughly. Now that there is already a blue stain from the dyes, you might try zep degreaser ( home depot ) in a sample area. It is pretty inexpensive and has a lot of uses depending on the strength you mix it. Full strength, it will prep and etch aluminum for painting, cleans metal well prior to painting and can be diluted to 40:1 for general purpose cleaning similar to 409. I think it runs about 13.00 gallon.
cbluewater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2021, 11:41 AM   #17
Kwhitley
Registered Users-pm+

Kwhitley has been promoted to the rank of RiggerKwhitley has been promoted to the rank of RiggerKwhitley has been promoted to the rank of RiggerKwhitley has been promoted to the rank of RiggerKwhitley has been promoted to the rank of RiggerKwhitley has been promoted to the rank of RiggerKwhitley has been promoted to the rank of RiggerKwhitley has been promoted to the rank of RiggerKwhitley has been promoted to the rank of RiggerKwhitley has been promoted to the rank of RiggerKwhitley has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
The works toilet bowel cleaner doesn’t work anymore. The works brand has a tub and shower cleaner that does take the scum off. Just mix with water in a sprayer.
Kwhitley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message