I like this, what you think will do this - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2020, 10:56 PM   #11
acassidy
Registered Users-pm+

acassidy has been promoted to Pirateacassidy has been promoted to Pirateacassidy has been promoted to Pirateacassidy has been promoted to Pirateacassidy has been promoted to Pirateacassidy has been promoted to Pirateacassidy has been promoted to Pirateacassidy has been promoted to Pirateacassidy has been promoted to Pirateacassidy has been promoted to Pirateacassidy has been promoted to Pirate
Haha

Haha, lots of how not to launch a boat pull a truck out and the useless guy with the cell phone. I honestly thought, that something miraculous was going to happen. But at the end was just hoping the guy texting while walking on the dock stepped off while texting (been watching to many boat fails on youtube)

Yes Texas City dike. Like everyone has said, perfect conditions, no wind, awesome Dike boat launch, small boat.
Archie

Last edited by acassidy; 12-28-2020 at 11:05 PM. Reason: adding stuff
acassidy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2020, 11:59 PM   #12
Capt_Gilligan
Trust me, I'm a professional.

Capt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry713 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Gilligan View Post
50ft rope tied to a bow clear and other end tied to the dock while boat is on the ramp. Shake the boat off, park truck, pull boat to dock, hop in and have at it... this method doesn’️t do well with Teflon runners though...
I watched a guy do this while I was fishing on a dock close to the ramp and a bunch of waves pushed his boat into a bunch of rocks while he was parking his truck. It did enough damage where he loaded it up and drive off.
Definitely gotta be smart enough to choose your launch wisely.
Capt_Gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2020, 01:49 AM   #13
Davidsel47
Registered Users-pm+

Davidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to Pirate
I do it alone all the time. I leave the ratchet strap hooked with slack, back up till it floats, jump out on the boat, turn the motor on, wait for pee, unlatch strap and park boat then come back for the truck. That particular ramp looks easy, could just pull it off with a rope. I have seen guys do it solo with the Ulterra but im not that brave. They back the boat off and let the boat float away, spot lock it then drive it to the dock with the remote. Pretty Ballsy.
Davidsel47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2020, 07:37 AM   #14
T-Muney
Registered Users-pm+

T-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to PirateT-Muney has been promoted to Pirate
Saw a guy do it without docks at arroyo city one time. Backed the boat in fast let it come off and float out into the middle of the arroyo. Never got out of the truck, went and parked the truck and by the time he got back the wind had blown his boat to him. Now that impressed me, this video is just standard procedure if the wind is right, if not rope tied to winch.
T-Muney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2020, 01:02 PM   #15
EastTexasRancher
Registered Users-pm+

EastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to PirateEastTexasRancher has been promoted to Pirate
David, speaking of which.....the other day I was feeling mischievous, and backed my boat off the ramp in a hurry so it slid off the trailer and way out into the water. I get out and stand there, and a couple of guys are giggling at me, and one finally asks "need a lift?".

I smile, and hit the button on the remote in my boat and deploy the trolling motor, and anchor it in spot.

Parked my truck, and then used the remote to bring the boat right over to me at the dock. Made a few eyebrows go up, and some banter back and forth between a few of us.

Now before you get on me about alllllllllllllllll the things that could have gone wrong, I get it. I just wanted to have some fun. And it worked, just like in the commercial.
EastTexasRancher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2020, 09:27 PM   #16
acassidy
Registered Users-pm+

acassidy has been promoted to Pirateacassidy has been promoted to Pirateacassidy has been promoted to Pirateacassidy has been promoted to Pirateacassidy has been promoted to Pirateacassidy has been promoted to Pirateacassidy has been promoted to Pirateacassidy has been promoted to Pirateacassidy has been promoted to Pirateacassidy has been promoted to Pirateacassidy has been promoted to Pirate
Now that is how you launch a boat!! Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasRancher View Post
David, speaking of which.....the other day I was feeling mischievous, and backed my boat off the ramp in a hurry so it slid off the trailer and way out into the water. I get out and stand there, and a couple of guys are giggling at me, and one finally asks "need a lift?".

I smile, and hit the button on the remote in my boat and deploy the trolling motor, and anchor it in spot.

Parked my truck, and then used the remote to bring the boat right over to me at the dock. Made a few eyebrows go up, and some banter back and forth between a few of us.

Now before you get on me about alllllllllllllllll the things that could have gone wrong, I get it. I just wanted to have some fun. And it worked, just like in the commercial.
acassidy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2020, 10:30 PM   #17
txtan
Registered Users-pm+

txtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidsel47 View Post
I do it alone all the time. I leave the ratchet strap hooked with slack, back up till it floats, jump out on the boat, turn the motor on, wait for pee, unlatch strap and park boat then come back for the truck. That particular ramp looks easy, could just pull it off with a rope. I have seen guys do it solo with the Ulterra but im not that brave. They back the boat off and let the boat float away, spot lock it then drive it to the dock with the remote. Pretty Ballsy.
I launched alone today for the first time and that’s how I did it (with the strap, not the Ulterra). I have an Ulterra and I’m not that trustworthy of any technology not just my Ulterra. But it went super well! Backed down, released some slack but kept the safety chain and ratchet still hooked, floated the boat, fired her up (to make sure I don’t have a floating turd with no power), then unhooked everything to tie the boat off at the dock, came back and parked the truck.
Attached Images

txtan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2020, 10:31 PM   #18
txtan
Registered Users-pm+

txtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
EastTexas, that’s pretty impressive!
Old 12-29-2020, 11:48 PM   #19
Davidsel47
Registered Users-pm+

Davidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to PirateDavidsel47 has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexasRancher View Post

Your braver then me! lol
I guess its popular with the bass guys, they say the biggest mistake is forgetting to hit the power button on the motor. I tested mine at the my storage and it worked from over 50 yards then I ran out of room. I recently went wading in a shallow cove so I took the remote to try and drive the boat back to me but it didnt work to well. Maybe it was just to shallow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtan View Post
I launched alone today for the first time and that’s how I did it (with the strap, not the Ulterra). I have an Ulterra and I’m not that trustworthy of any technology not just my Ulterra. But it went super well! Backed down, released some slack but kept the safety chain and ratchet still hooked, floated the boat, fired her up (to make sure I don’t have a floating turd with no power), then unhooked everything to tie the boat off at the dock, came back and parked the truck.
It can be pretty intimidating the 1st few times but its easy once you get it down, Im faster then a lot of the guys that have buddies helping. Especially the ones that don't know how to back up a trailer.
Davidsel47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2020, 08:00 AM   #20
txtan
Registered Users-pm+

David I think you’re right! Even though I was alone, it still went pretty quick compared to some other times with people I’ve taken. Plus the ramp was dead, nobody was there so it was awesome!