I like this, what you think will do this - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2020, 12:24 AM   #1
HoustonTexas
Registered Users-pm+

HoustonTexas is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I like this, what you think will do this

I will try it next time I am at Texas city dike. It looks doable.
HoustonTexas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2020, 12:29 AM   #2
c10steve
Registered Users-pm+

c10steve is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)

Not that great of a method. Instead tie a 30ish ft rope to a cleat and have it sitting on deck, tie the other end to to your trailer winch. Back up, let it float. Pull forward. Get out and grab the rope from the winch. Tie up boat to the dock and go park your truck.

That method only works if there’s a dock on both sides of boat.

The best method of there’s a dock on both sides is back up, float the boat and hit the power poles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c10steve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2020, 07:27 AM   #3
saltwatersensations
One more cast....

saltwatersensations has been promoted to Piratesaltwatersensations has been promoted to Piratesaltwatersensations has been promoted to Piratesaltwatersensations has been promoted to Piratesaltwatersensations has been promoted to Piratesaltwatersensations has been promoted to Piratesaltwatersensations has been promoted to Piratesaltwatersensations has been promoted to Piratesaltwatersensations has been promoted to Piratesaltwatersensations has been promoted to Piratesaltwatersensations has been promoted to Pirate
I've always tie a bow rope to my winch post when by myself. Float the boat grab the rope off the winch post and tied it up and park.
saltwatersensations is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2020, 09:22 AM   #4
Bird
No fish in West Bay

Bird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to PirateBird has been promoted to Pirate
That works ok if conditions are right and the piers on both sides but overall I'd say launching your boat with no lines attached is a bad idea. Using the extra long bow line tied to the winch post or just holding onto the dock line as you release the winch strap and safety chain. Depends on how easily your boat comes off the trailer. Mine will slide off with just a light push so I don't remove the winch and chain until I'm backed down. I'll walk the boat with the dock lines to tie it up and then move my truck.
Bird is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2020, 09:39 AM   #5
pipeliner345
2011 21' shallowsport Bahia 150 E-TEC

pipeliner345 has been promoted to Piratepipeliner345 has been promoted to Piratepipeliner345 has been promoted to Piratepipeliner345 has been promoted to Piratepipeliner345 has been promoted to Piratepipeliner345 has been promoted to Piratepipeliner345 has been promoted to Piratepipeliner345 has been promoted to Piratepipeliner345 has been promoted to Piratepipeliner345 has been promoted to Piratepipeliner345 has been promoted to Pirate
My solution. Just pull the latch and slide off while I'm in the boat.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
pipeliner345 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2020, 02:54 PM   #6
Capt_Gilligan
Trust me, I'm a professional.

Capt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to Pirate
50ft rope tied to a bow clear and other end tied to the dock while boat is on the ramp. Shake the boat off, park truck, pull boat to dock, hop in and have at it... this method doesn’t do well with Teflon runners though...
Capt_Gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2020, 06:55 PM   #7
Jerry713
Registered Users-pm+

Jerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to Pirate
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt_Gilligan View Post
50ft rope tied to a bow clear and other end tied to the dock while boat is on the ramp. Shake the boat off, park truck, pull boat to dock, hop in and have at it... this method doesn’t do well with Teflon runners though...
I watched a guy do this while I was fishing on a dock close to the ramp and a bunch of waves pushed his boat into a bunch of rocks while he was parking his truck. It did enough damage where he loaded it up and drive off.
Jerry713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2020, 09:25 PM   #8
habanerojooz
Who said that was spicy?

habanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Piratehabanerojooz has been promoted to Pirate

When doing this technique by yourself, it is advantageous to have two ropes. One attached to a bow cleat and one attached to a side cleat. The bow rope keeps your boat from getting away and the side cleat rope allows you to wrangle your boat towards you and the dock.

I launch by myself often. It is difficult to handle a large boat with only a bow rope.

Also, I apply Liquid Rollers to my bunk boards to allow easy off and on. Gotta watch out with that stuff as it is very slippery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by habanerojooz; 12-28-2020 at 09:31 PM.
habanerojooz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2020, 09:53 PM   #9
Rockfish2
Registered Users-pm+

Rockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to PirateRockfish2 has been promoted to Pirate
The guy in the video has perfect conditions, a small boat and what looks like the most suitable ramp ever to launch a boat solo like that. I’d have been more impressed if he actually parked his truck and then came back and got his boat, instead of just pulling it up a few feet. I launch by myself most of the time and because of constant wakes from barges and idiot boat drivers I always drive my boat off the trailer and tie it up to the dock before getting back in the truck. The rope method wouldn’t work very well where I launch most times.
Rockfish2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2020, 10:42 PM   #10
Gilbert
Registered Users-pm+

Gilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to PirateGilbert has been promoted to Pirate
I believe that is the dike ramp. Try that at matagorda harbor and your boat will float off cause you run out of dock. Guy reminds me of boashna. Got to have the right drift speed for it to work.
Gilbert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message