If you could have two boats for fishing out of port aransas...budget 150k - Page 2 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2020, 11:13 AM   #11
Jeff SATX
Whooo son!

Jeff SATX has been promoted to PirateJeff SATX has been promoted to PirateJeff SATX has been promoted to PirateJeff SATX has been promoted to PirateJeff SATX has been promoted to PirateJeff SATX has been promoted to PirateJeff SATX has been promoted to PirateJeff SATX has been promoted to PirateJeff SATX has been promoted to PirateJeff SATX has been promoted to PirateJeff SATX has been promoted to Pirate
Pathfinder 2500 and a 18-21ft flats boat or a poling skiff maybe.

Thoughts being - if its calm, that 2500 will go off shore easily. If its blowing a bit and you want to get out in the bay and fish protect waters, the flats/skiff will work and it's easy to maintain. If it's blowing like crazy like it always is, that 2500 will beat up the bays and you can still go fishing.

You'd probably find a lightly used 2500 for around 100-90k and a the other boat should be 50k no problem.
Jeff SATX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2020, 11:49 AM   #12
bigrebar
Registered Users-pm+

bigrebar has been promoted to Piratebigrebar has been promoted to Piratebigrebar has been promoted to Piratebigrebar has been promoted to Piratebigrebar has been promoted to Piratebigrebar has been promoted to Piratebigrebar has been promoted to Piratebigrebar has been promoted to Piratebigrebar has been promoted to Piratebigrebar has been promoted to Piratebigrebar has been promoted to Pirate
I lived on Padre 7 years. My first second boat was a little 14 foot skiff and we really enjoyed going places most of the masses couldn't. Then we bought a different second boat and that was a flounder boat and we loved it. On the busy weekends when the bays are crazy loaded with tournament boats and newbies to the water, we would wait till late in the afternoon. Go hit a drum hole somewhere fishing till dark, then hit the fan motor and gig till we limited most times.

Had that flounder boat about 5 years, put around 300 hours on the motor and probably a thousand or more on the fan motor. We were hooked and enjoyed the flounder boat more than any other of the 7 boats I've owned.
bigrebar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2020, 12:41 PM   #13
Jkmoore03
Registered Users-pm+

Jkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to Pirate
Definitely a 24-25’ V hull boat like a pathfinder or similar for some offshore duty and bay fishing when it’s choppy or just fishing 2’+ water in general and want comfort. Then a flats boat for shallow water duty and getting closer to those shorelines you want to wade.

I won’t even attempt to list specific boats and setups for either category since there are too many variables. Mainly like personal preferences and why kind of price/deal you can find on used boats.

Good luck on your search. I’d definitely love to have 2 boats for different situations.
Jkmoore03 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2020, 12:44 PM   #14
Jerry713
Registered Users-pm+

Jerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to PirateJerry713 has been promoted to Pirate
If you're wanting to stay with one boat Southshore makes a 26' tunnel V that will run pretty shallow depending on how it's rigged and run offshore. Don't think it'll run as shallow as the SS 24' Mod V but it's a longer boat too.

This way you can come in from offshore and fish inshore without having to change boats.
Jerry713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2020, 02:13 PM   #15
Csafisher
Waiting on duck season...

Csafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to PirateCsafisher has been promoted to Pirate
Just get an X3.....
Csafisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2020, 07:21 PM   #16
KevinA
Registered Users-pm+

KevinA has been promoted to PirateKevinA has been promoted to PirateKevinA has been promoted to PirateKevinA has been promoted to PirateKevinA has been promoted to PirateKevinA has been promoted to PirateKevinA has been promoted to PirateKevinA has been promoted to PirateKevinA has been promoted to PirateKevinA has been promoted to PirateKevinA has been promoted to Pirate
something with two motors for offshore.. maybe an older cat boat and whatever you prefer for bay fishing.

I have a 24' bay boat & a partner on the offshore rig..
KevinA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2020, 08:56 PM   #17
Big Bay
Registered Users-pm+

Big Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to PirateBig Bay has been promoted to Pirate
25 whaler or Haynie mag and either a small flats boat or cat. If it was me with 150k to spend I’d have a technical poling skiff a 21-23 cat and a 25 Haynie mag. I’m cursed so I love many different kinds of fishing. I like to go chase big trout on the windy days and a cat to go fish the flats throwing artificials and a skiff to go buggy whip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Bay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2020, 12:02 AM   #18
bellaireroad
Registered Users-pm+

bellaireroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbellaireroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbellaireroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbellaireroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbellaireroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbellaireroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbellaireroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbellaireroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbellaireroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbellaireroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateerbellaireroad has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
If you could have two boats for fishing out of port aransas...budget 150k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csafisher View Post
Just get an X3.....

This ^

Here’s your boat and save 25k

https://houston.craigslist.org/boa/d...225502064.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
bellaireroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2020, 10:27 AM   #19
ktdtx
Registered Users-pm+

ktdtx has been promoted to Piratektdtx has been promoted to Piratektdtx has been promoted to Piratektdtx has been promoted to Piratektdtx has been promoted to Piratektdtx has been promoted to Piratektdtx has been promoted to Piratektdtx has been promoted to Piratektdtx has been promoted to Piratektdtx has been promoted to Piratektdtx has been promoted to Pirate
I would daydream about a 31' Bertram for offshore and maybe a Boatright for the bay
ktdtx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2020, 11:16 AM   #20
Go Frogs
Registered Users-pm+

Go Frogs has been promoted to PirateGo Frogs has been promoted to PirateGo Frogs has been promoted to PirateGo Frogs has been promoted to PirateGo Frogs has been promoted to PirateGo Frogs has been promoted to PirateGo Frogs has been promoted to PirateGo Frogs has been promoted to PirateGo Frogs has been promoted to PirateGo Frogs has been promoted to PirateGo Frogs has been promoted to Pirate
I have a 25' Grady White Coastal Explorer (low sides)and 20' Boatright Classic. I'm real happy with my two options and whenever one is down I always have the other to run. I would not be afraid of running two boats for sure.
Go Frogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message