Shoalwater 23 Prop Question - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2020, 04:52 PM   #1
FISHIN COUG
Registered Users-pm+

FISHIN COUG has been promoted to PirateFISHIN COUG has been promoted to PirateFISHIN COUG has been promoted to PirateFISHIN COUG has been promoted to PirateFISHIN COUG has been promoted to PirateFISHIN COUG has been promoted to PirateFISHIN COUG has been promoted to PirateFISHIN COUG has been promoted to PirateFISHIN COUG has been promoted to PirateFISHIN COUG has been promoted to PirateFISHIN COUG has been promoted to Pirate
Shoalwater 23 Prop Question

Throwing this out to the 2cool family.... What prop are you currently using or recommend for a 23’ Shoalwater Cat? Had mine reworked here recently and it did not turn out for the better so I’m looking for a new prop. Thanks in advance. FC
FISHIN COUG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2020, 09:47 PM   #2
Jake_12
Registered Users-pm+

Jake_12 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)

I run a jack foreman 4 blade bravo clone , it’s a 20p on a 23 W/250 xs . The prop is super heavy cupped for holeshot and longevity. It’s a really good prop if you fishing super shallow water . My other prop is a 20p bravo XC , the xc “extra cup “ is still way thinner than the foreman version . It does have better speed tho . I think a 19 xc would be the ticket as I cannot reach max RPMs with my set up. Most ppl will suggest the XC for holeshot or xs for speed . What motor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jake_12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2020, 06:02 AM   #3
FISHIN COUG
Registered Users-pm+

FISHIN COUG has been promoted to PirateFISHIN COUG has been promoted to PirateFISHIN COUG has been promoted to PirateFISHIN COUG has been promoted to PirateFISHIN COUG has been promoted to PirateFISHIN COUG has been promoted to PirateFISHIN COUG has been promoted to PirateFISHIN COUG has been promoted to PirateFISHIN COUG has been promoted to PirateFISHIN COUG has been promoted to PirateFISHIN COUG has been promoted to Pirate
Thanks for the quick response Jake! I have a 250 SHO on the back of my sled.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2020, 09:35 AM   #4
robbiedeleon
Registered Users-pm+

robbiedeleon has been promoted to Piraterobbiedeleon has been promoted to Piraterobbiedeleon has been promoted to Piraterobbiedeleon has been promoted to Piraterobbiedeleon has been promoted to Piraterobbiedeleon has been promoted to Piraterobbiedeleon has been promoted to Piraterobbiedeleon has been promoted to Piraterobbiedeleon has been promoted to Piraterobbiedeleon has been promoted to Piraterobbiedeleon has been promoted to Pirate
I have the 23 Shoalwater cat raised console with the Yamaha 250 SHO. I had an 18 pitch Powertec OFX 4 blade with extra cup added that was great on holeshot and decent on speed. I ended up breaking a prop shaft some how and lost the prop. Then went with the OFX 4 blade 19 pitch but was happier with the 18 with extra cup it all depends on how you fish if you fish shallow think that 18 with extra cup would be great

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
robbiedeleon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2020, 11:10 PM   #5
Capt_Gilligan
Trust me, I'm a professional.

Capt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to Pirate
Depends on how you fish. Baumann or Foreman for a holeshot prop w decent cruise.

19 xc or 21 rev 4 for good holeshot w/better cruise.
Capt_Gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2020, 11:35 PM   #6
fat_mike
Registered Users-pm+

fat_mike is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Curious if this would all apply to a 2020 23 cat with Suzuki 250ss on the back?
fat_mike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2020, 01:41 AM   #7
Jake_12
Registered Users-pm+

Suzuki’s are a different ball game I’d ask waypoint marine for info on them . They run a different gear ratio and typically run a bigger pitch than Yamaha and Merc.

Old 07-20-2020, 01:41 AM   #8
Jake_12
Registered Users-pm+

A lot of folks with Yamahas run the OS1 prop and seem to like them

Old 07-20-2020, 08:11 AM   #9
Catch-N-Release
Registered Users-pm+

Catch-N-Release is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I have a OS1 on my new rig with 18 hours on it. The OS1 does well on just getting up, but there is a lag before leveling begins and then it digs 8n again. I'm running a 250 SHO with no raised console and max speed 52 mph.

My 2 cents
Catch-N-Release is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2020, 09:52 AM   #10
FISHIN COUG
Registered Users-pm+

Thanks again fellas. I had an OS1 for quite some time that was later modified by Bauman adding a little extra cupping. I had the prop re worked here a couple months ago and the performance is far off and for the worse from what it was doing. I’m going to look into the Bravo and Rev4 to see how they perform. Thanks again. FC