Reef Recon for Garmin (and Lowrance / Simrand) - Page 15 - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2020, 12:59 AM   #141
LSUALUM
Geaux Tigers!

LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)LSUALUM has been promoted to Gunners first mate (soon to be full share Gunner)
Even if they are different brand units? Say I go from lowrance now to a new boat with Garmin or I decide to change out my existing lowrance unit to a Garmin, Hbird, or Simrad? Just looking at all scenarios. After buying it and deciding to go a different direction isn’t the time to be asking the questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LSUALUM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2020, 07:41 PM   #142
c10steve
Registered Users-pm+

c10steve is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM View Post
Even if they are different brand units? Say I go from lowrance now to a new boat with Garmin or I decide to change out my existing lowrance unit to a Garmin, Hbird, or Simrad? Just looking at all scenarios. After buying it and deciding to go a different direction isn’t the time to be asking the questions.

Lowrance, simrad, use the same file type. I’m not sure on garmin.

c10steve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2020, 06:06 PM   #143
troutsupport
Catch a New Personal - Learn How!

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
As long you delete the file off your old unit then I'll help you get a file for the new unit.. there's a $35 fee to do that if it's a different file type because it takes me time to do that. If you stay in the same brand and it doesn't require a different file type or version then you'll likely be able to install it on the new unit as long as you deleted it off the old unit that you're getting rid of.
Advertisement

Old 12-13-2020, 06:11 PM   #144
hurricane matt
Registered Users-pm+

hurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Piratehurricane matt has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by c10steve View Post
Lowrance, simrad, use the same file type. I’m not sure on garmin.

Use gpx format. I use gpsbabel in linux to covert formats. The Garmin apps are a freaking mess can't keep up with the naming of.them anymore so I just use opensource gpsbabel or pay 35 buck for TS to do it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
hurricane matt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2021, 02:10 PM   #145
troutsupport

troutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Piratetroutsupport has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM View Post
What’s the deal if you buy it and then decide to get a new gps or boat after it is installed and you have used it for a bit?

I'll help you get a new file for the new unit... depends on what you end up going with.. small charge to get you a new file.. Think of it this way.. on third party maps they make us pay for complete new map or charge $100.

I help everyone when they change units. Love to keep all my peeps catching fish.
Old 02-22-2021, 03:21 PM   #146
troutsupport

For those of you selling your old boat with Reef Recon on it.. remember to delete all your waypoints routes and tracks off your old unit. ... Or sell them the file for an extra $139 so you can get the new file for your new units. If you can delete the old file off the unit I can help you with a minimal charge get the file for the new unit.

Galveston is looking like it missed the big die off.. no one knows for sure just yet. We've not seen any dead but that doesn't mean we won't or that there isn't. Won't know for some time really.. but many are starting to get back out there and many more are looking to upgrade the boat or upgrade the GPS units.

Let me know how I can help. Making serious plans to start the next one.. it's a juggle doing everything I do ... Thank you all for telling your friends.. I've been blessed to have the best customers in the world.

Thank you
tobin
Old 02-22-2021, 08:51 PM   #147
txtan
Registered Users-pm+

txtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutsupport View Post
For those of you selling your old boat with Reef Recon on it.. remember to delete all your waypoints routes and tracks off your old unit. ... Or sell them the file for an extra $139 so you can get the new file for your new units. If you can delete the old file off the unit I can help you with a minimal charge get the file for the new unit.

Galveston is looking like it missed the big die off.. no one knows for sure just yet. We've not seen any dead but that doesn't mean we won't or that there isn't. Won't know for some time really.. but many are starting to get back out there and many more are looking to upgrade the boat or upgrade the GPS units.

Let me know how I can help. Making serious plans to start the next one.. it's a juggle doing everything I do ... Thank you all for telling your friends.. I've been blessed to have the best customers in the world.

Thank you
tobin
I think I’m sold. I’ll be buying this in the next week or so before I hit the water again for sure.
txtan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message