Rebuild - Stone & Sons - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2021, 10:14 PM   #1
ChiefDeckhand
Registered Users-pm+

ChiefDeckhand is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Rebuild - Stone & Sons

Anyone have any experience with Stone & Sons rebuilding a power head?
ChiefDeckhand is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2021, 01:55 PM   #2
SHAGS
Registered Users-pm+

SHAGS is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
I cannot help you out with that exact scenario but they have worked on our Suzuki 140, 4 stroke for the past 8 years (general maintenance, fluids, steering cables etc..) and have always been professional and reasonable as far as I've been concerned. The most important thing to us is they have been upfront and honest if they found something else that needed to be replaced.

Our boat is a 1992 Flats Cat with 2007 motor. We bounced around a few shops before we found them and they have earned our business.

Good luck.
SHAGS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2021, 02:58 PM   #3
parttimefisher
Registered Users-pm+

parttimefisher is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
They rebuilt a 175 Johnson for me some years ago. It went bad again, I found later it probably wasn't their fault, the motor went bad again a few months later and they built another one under their warranty.

Yes, professional, upfront, no secrets and they can build OMC motors in their sleep.

good people, family business.

thanks
parttimefisher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2021, 03:12 PM   #4
Muddskipper
fish control my brain

Muddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to PirateMuddskipper has been promoted to Pirate
Solid shop

You don’t stay in business that long without doing something right

Jack and Joe know their stuff
Muddskipper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2021, 05:48 PM   #5
TXanalogkd
Registered Users-pm+

TXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to Pirate
I cannot speak on a rebuild but they know their outboards. I would use them for a rebuild.
TXanalogkd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2021, 06:03 PM   #6
paragod
Registered Users-pm+

paragod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirate
If I need hard to find OMC parts its Outboard Jack!
paragod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2021, 09:55 PM   #7
TDR410
Registered Users-pm+

TDR410 is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Stone and Sons help me rebuild the outdrive in an old OMC several years ago. They were great, helped explain everything and had all the parts I needed. I would definitely go to them for issues with an outboard engine.
TDR410 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2021, 10:13 PM   #8
Robert W
Registered Users-pm+

Robert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of RiggerRobert W has been promoted to the rank of Rigger
I had them rebuild it a few weeks ago. Very quick turnaround, extremely nice to deal with, reasonable pricing. I am just a couple hours into break-in due to weather but at this point, all seems great.
Robert W is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2021, 10:52 PM   #9
Ronnie Redwing
Registered Users-pm+

Ronnie Redwing has been promoted to PirateRonnie Redwing has been promoted to PirateRonnie Redwing has been promoted to PirateRonnie Redwing has been promoted to PirateRonnie Redwing has been promoted to PirateRonnie Redwing has been promoted to PirateRonnie Redwing has been promoted to PirateRonnie Redwing has been promoted to PirateRonnie Redwing has been promoted to PirateRonnie Redwing has been promoted to PirateRonnie Redwing has been promoted to Pirate
RobertW. I recall our earlier discussions about the engine noise you were searching for. Were they able to figure out what it was?
Ronnie Redwing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message