Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2021, 11:39 AM   #1
drdriller
Registered Users-pm+

drdriller is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Help with west bay boat

Looking for advice...I’m looking to buy a shallow sport 24 mod V boat to fish out of west bay and tiki and out to jetties occasionally. My main concern is to not get stuck and hit submerged obstacles, since I don’t know the area well.

Is this a good boat for our area? Thanks
drdriller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2021, 01:47 PM   #2
ktdtx
Registered Users-pm+

ktdtx has been promoted to Piratektdtx has been promoted to Piratektdtx has been promoted to Piratektdtx has been promoted to Piratektdtx has been promoted to Piratektdtx has been promoted to Piratektdtx has been promoted to Piratektdtx has been promoted to Piratektdtx has been promoted to Piratektdtx has been promoted to Piratektdtx has been promoted to Pirate
IMO-yes, it's a good boat for most any area. Only comment is it is a heavy boat and if you bounce around West Bay you will occasionally get stuck and it is a Heavy boat to get unstuck
ktdtx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2021, 03:42 PM   #3
ol'possum
Registered Users-pm+

ol'possum has been promoted to Pirateol'possum has been promoted to Pirateol'possum has been promoted to Pirateol'possum has been promoted to Pirateol'possum has been promoted to Pirateol'possum has been promoted to Pirateol'possum has been promoted to Pirateol'possum has been promoted to Pirateol'possum has been promoted to Pirateol'possum has been promoted to Pirateol'possum has been promoted to Pirate
any boat will strike an object or run aground....pick a boat that suits your purpose and gives you plenty of room with storage and stability...take plenty of test rides, not all boats are created equally...some give very wet rides
ol'possum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2021, 06:06 PM   #4
Jkmoore03
Registered Users-pm+

Jkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to PirateJkmoore03 has been promoted to Pirate
I fish west bay (my hone ground) and It’s a great boat for it. It’s what I intended on upgrading to from my current Shallow Sport 21 Sport. I wouldn’t worry about getting it stuck unless you are deliberately trying to run in spit. It will run on plane in about 6” and float in around 10”. You probably need a foot or so to get up. If you want to get any shallower, get a poling skiff. My SS Sport only gets my a couple of inches shallower, but gives up a lot on hitting open water. It’s can be brutal!

I think it’s one of the best options for still being able to get fairly shallow and fish deep water without getting completely beat to death crossing the open bay. And if you get one and aren’t happy, hit me up. I want one bad!
Jkmoore03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2021, 06:51 PM   #5
[email protected]
Water Dog

cavenat@sbcglobal.net is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
drum Shallow Sport for sale

I have an 18 ft Shallow Sport for sale. One of a kind.
cavenat@sbcglobal.net is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2021, 06:41 AM   #6
drdriller
Registered Users-pm+

drdriller is a Landlubber (+10 to -10)
Jkmoore03 thanks for advice. That’s exactly what I was thinking.
I have a 22 foot sea chaser hfc that works well in the bay, but not so much in west bay.

I moved to west Bay Area so am going to sell the sea chaser.
drdriller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2021, 10:31 AM   #7
Profish00
Gone Fishing

Profish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to PirateProfish00 has been promoted to Pirate
You need Reef Recon
Profish00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2021, 11:18 AM   #8
Sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

Sgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Reef Recon for anyone in a boat near Galv and especially West Bay it's a no brainer. Get it. Its worth it.
Sgrem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message