Lake Conroe - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2020, 06:50 PM   #1
txtan
Registered Users-pm+

txtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Lake Conroe

This month has been hard for me to make it down to West Bay with work, the holidays, and the weather not being great on my days off. So today I ran her for a bit out on the lake since I live just a few minutes South and made sure everything was in shape. I “casted” for a bit since I was out there but I say it that way because I don’t know anything about freshwater fishing so casting is all I really did. Ran some fuel cond and ring free too since I might not fish the bay till middle of next month. Also, since I’m a new boater, today was the first time I launched/loaded alone and it was super smooth and easy. Anyway, hope everybody had a great Christmas and keeps safe on the highways and waterways over NY, and chime in with whatever has been going on in y’all’s neck of the woods. Be well.
Attached Images

txtan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2020, 07:07 PM   #2
shunter2005
Registered Users-pm+

shunter2005 has been promoted to Pirateshunter2005 has been promoted to Pirateshunter2005 has been promoted to Pirateshunter2005 has been promoted to Pirateshunter2005 has been promoted to Pirateshunter2005 has been promoted to Pirateshunter2005 has been promoted to Pirateshunter2005 has been promoted to Pirateshunter2005 has been promoted to Pirateshunter2005 has been promoted to Pirateshunter2005 has been promoted to Pirate
I was there today also. That wind was howling!!!!
shunter2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2020, 07:10 PM   #3
txtan
Registered Users-pm+

txtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateertxtan has been promoted to the rank of Privateer
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunter2005 View Post
I was there today also. That wind was howling!!!!
It sure was! I ran down near the dam and over towards Margaritaville but had enough of that wind. Launched out of Lakeview which wasn’t bad at all. Any luck?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2020, 07:53 PM   #4
KD_Miller4
Registered Users-pm+

KD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
im complete opposite of you. fished fresh water my whole life. we bought a house out here in seabrook and now its like starting from square one with saltwater. learning as i go lol
KD_Miller4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2020, 08:02 PM   #5
txtan
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD_Miller4 View Post
im complete opposite of you. fished fresh water my whole life. we bought a house out here in seabrook and now its like starting from square one with saltwater. learning as i go lol
I grew up in south Texas fishing everything south of Baffin so I’m relearning all this area around Galveston myself. Lake Conroe is just something I’ll do with the family. On another note, gimme some advice for fishing the lake!
Old 12-29-2020, 08:11 PM   #6
KD_Miller4
Registered Users-pm+

KD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
watermelon red lol. look for grass beds and lilys. fish deep in colder weather with cranks or jigs. during the spawn fish the shoreline, usually where they make their beds
Old 12-29-2020, 08:12 PM   #7
txtan
Registered Users-pm+

Noted lol
Old 12-29-2020, 09:23 PM   #8
KD_Miller4
Registered Users-pm+

i aint a pro but ive picked up a few lol
Old 12-30-2020, 12:16 AM   #9
Capt_Gilligan
Trust me, I'm a professional.

Capt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to PirateCapt_Gilligan has been promoted to Pirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by KD_Miller4 View Post
watermelon red lol. look for grass beds and lilys. fish deep in colder weather with cranks or jigs. during the spawn fish the shoreline, usually where they make their beds
Full sized brush hogs. Work bulkheads around deep water all year long. My magic depth range seems to be 4-5ft on that lake. Never done well enough with cranks to even bother but some have. Lost a 10+ in muddy water in the neighborhood to the right upstream of the Walden bridge in 2015.
Capt_Gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2020, 09:12 AM   #10
TXanalogkd
Registered Users-pm+

TXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to PirateTXanalogkd has been promoted to Pirate
I also use Conroe to run my boat during the winter months, and plus it allows me to chase bass. Saltwater is my passion but Conroe is convenient when I need a quick fix.

I mainly fish the northside of the lake, but you need to be careful due to all the stumps. Learn that side of the lake prior to running wide open across it.

Soft plastics (brush hogs, lizards, worms) are my go to bait, and dark blue, purple, and green are my colors.

Conroe will test your patience, but enjoying Gods greatest creation (outdoors) is the bonus.
TXanalogkd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message