2nd beep when starting my boat - 2CoolFishing
Home  |  Contact Us  |  Advertise   |   Follow:
Go Back   2CoolFishing > General Interest Forums > Boating Forum
Register FAQ Social Groups Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-24-2020, 02:34 PM   #1
KD_Miller4
Registered Users-pm+

KD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
2nd beep when starting my boat

ok i just noticed a 2nd beep when turning my key over. not sure if its always done this or is recent. i have a 150 mercury efi. i know the first beep is normal telling me that it is ready to start but when i crank the motor i hear a second beep as the motor is cranking. is this normal or is it trying to tell me something?
KD_Miller4 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2020, 06:24 PM   #2
Sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

Sgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Not sure on that exact motor but get a multimeter. Take a measurement at the flux capacitor. Should get 1.21 GW.... if yes then the beeps are normal.
Sgrem is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2020, 12:10 AM   #3
paragod
Registered Users-pm+

paragod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirate
What Yr?
paragod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2020, 09:27 AM   #4
KD_Miller4
Registered Users-pm+

KD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of GunnerKD_Miller4 has been promoted to the rank of Gunner
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragod View Post
What Yr?
Old 12-25-2020, 10:15 AM   #5
paragod
Registered Users-pm+

paragod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirateparagod has been promoted to Pirate
2002 should be a SC engine 1 beep while cranking is low Voltage.
paragod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2020, 11:57 AM   #6
KD_Miller4
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragod View Post
2002 should be a SC engine 1 beep while cranking is low Voltage.
ok thats what i thought it was meaning but i charged the battery and it still did it. battery is only 6 months old
Old 12-27-2020, 11:06 AM   #7
KD_Miller4
Registered Users-pm+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgrem View Post
Not sure on that exact motor but get a multimeter. Take a measurement at the flux capacitor. Should get 1.21 GW.... if yes then the beeps are normal.
its a 2002. not trying to sound like a mechanical idiot but where is the flux capacitor? and by 1.21GW, are you referring to voltage?
Old 12-27-2020, 04:53 PM   #8
KD_Miller4
Registered Users-pm+

put the volt meter on the battery and it is reading 12.6v
Old 12-27-2020, 08:04 PM   #9
Sgrem
Registered Users-pm+

Sgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to PirateSgrem has been promoted to Pirate
Fireworks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD_Miller4 View Post
its a 2002. not trying to sound like a mechanical idiot but where is the flux capacitor? and by 1.21GW, are you referring to voltage?
Very simple. Just pop up one of the stainless gull wings and it should be fitted right in the middle with three feeds originating from the center. The 1.21gw is measured going in is the power required. Gigawatt is an instantaneous power wattage. Like a bolt of lightning.

It's very common. Go to Oreillys web site and type in search part number "121g".
https://www.oreillyauto.com/
Sgrem is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2020, 07:58 PM   #10
KD_Miller4
Registered Users-pm+

may have found a big part of the problem. i forgot to mention i put a cutoff switch in my battery compartment and i deff put the wrong size wire running from the switch to the battery which im assuming the motor was working extra hard to pull those amps. added the 6 guage wire from the switch to the battery and it fires right up with ease. put the volt meter on it and it was running at 14.2v. only thing is was that the second beep was still there. idk but im hoping that code just needs to be erased since i had the smaller wire on it at first